are you leaving the Note 7? if so, where are you going?

Status
Not open for further replies.

seacow1500

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Maybe go for the new Iphone 7 Plus, in the new Apple color, simply called.............................................BLACK.

NOT!

I will wait for the replacement to come out and turn mine in and get the new one. Inconvenient? yes. A really big deal? No.

I too am waiting on the replacement, I love the note 7 but also like features on the 7+. Although most are what the N7 already have.

bobxxz

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Would think the side by side reviews will be out Sept 14/15 if the iphone 7 will be available on the 16th. Cannot imagine them selling out or long lines on initial sale day like years ago. Am curious how real world battery life is or will between the Note 7 & iphone7+.

Pretty sure standby battery life is definitely going to be better on IPhone. Regardless, I am reallu considering exchanging for IPhone 7 plus but I have to look at it on hands first.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
How many are switching to 7 Plus or staying with Note 7?

How many of you are going to stick with the Note 7 despite the beefy Iphone 7 Plus? I think I will stick with the Note but the 7 Plus looks to have a lot of interesting stuff. I mean they will have a Defender case out at launch most likely too.

Even though it has better audio, do you think having the Spen is an advantage over the iphone 7 Plus? It comes out sept 16th around the time when the new Notes arrive.

Do they usually sell out of Iphones at launch and pre orders if I wanted to exchange that day or would I be better to simply return Note get a refund and order 7 Plus?

I really would hate to leave Android and have to learn Apple again. I had an Iphone 3g and didn't like it.

when I took a apps class in college we had to use a Mac computer in the computer lab and I've never really used one before. It took me 5 minutes just to figure how to open and minimize a window. I ended up dropping the class because I wasn't about to buy a stupid mac.

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Re: How many are switching to 7 Plus or staying with Note 7?

The 7+ looks nice. I actually came to the Note 7 from a 6s+ and while the 6s+ has been one of the best devices I've ever used, I miss the more feature-filled Note series. I'm staying with the Note for now, but may look back into iPhones next year. In the meantime, I'm also going to pick up a new iPad. My original iPad Air is really showing its age.

Snappy Phoenix

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site

Just watched the iPhone event and man, that dual lens camera looks wicked on the iPhone 7 Plus, so is the battery life it seems with its smart A10 chip that makes the phone use the 2 slower cores when not doing anything intensive

Shawn0813

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site

I'm tempted to get that piano black finish but the only way to get it is to buy the 128GB. I'm probably going to stay with my note 7.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site

If i would get a iphone it would be a nice change but i know i would get bored Fast.....I would miss the edge panels....Curved screen...fast Charge..wireless charge....MST Samsung Pay ...Iris scanner and the list goes on....Its fun and exciting cause it was just announced and this recall shortened the honeymoon phase but at the end of the day its just another iphone with a better camera and the reasons i want a android over IOS is still there..

Jean Sagarese

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site

for a sliver of a finger nail I thought about it, then I thought I have all that and more and my watch already didn't need to be attached at the hip to my phone oh and I can make phone calls with it so now I wait for my beautiful Blue Coral Note. I really do miss the iris scanning if for nothing else but to show people who say oh that won't work

stevenjak

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site

It's tempting. I've owned a lot of phones to include all the iPhone and notes. I absolutly love the S-pen, I use it every day. The most important feature of a phone to me is the camera. Note 7 is amazing. Best I've owned so far, I did have a bit of lag when shooting at my daughters cheerleaders last night, I even missed a shot or two. If I can straight trade att my note 7 for a 7 plus, it might happen. We will just have to wait and see for the 16th to roll around.

Bartone

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site

The iPhone 7 plus will have better audio, probably a better battery life, possibly a better rear camera(s) but we don't know for sure, a faster/ smoother experience, and a higher megapixel front camera, more home button functionality, and 3D touch... The Note 7 has an Iris Scanner, an S pen, a better display with higher resolution, Super-Amoled instead of the outdated LCD, edge display, more efficient phone to screen ratio, USB-C, wireless charging, split screen multitasking, and is open source.

Both have advantages, but I'm sticking with the Note.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site

How many of you are going to stick with the Note 7 despite the beefy Iphone 7 Plus? I think I will stick with the Note but the 7 Plus looks to have a lot of interesting stuff. I mean they will have a Defender case out at launch most likely too.

Even though it has better audio, do you think having the Spen is an advantage over the iphone 7 Plus? It comes out sept 16th around the time when the new Notes arrive.

Do they usually sell out of Iphones at launch and pre orders if I wanted to exchange that day or would I be better to simply return Note get a refund and order 7 Plus?

I really would hate to leave Android and have to learn Apple again. I had an Iphone 3g and didn't like it.

when I took a apps class in college we had to use a Mac computer in the computer lab and I've never really used one before. It took me 5 minutes just to figure how to open and minimize a window. I ended up dropping the class because I wasn't about to buy a stupid mac.

Not an apple fan. I.prefer Samsung. Been a Samsung customer for many years. Love the Note series and only interested in replacement

wboyce58

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site

I will be sticking with my note 7. I am not even going to turn it in on the recall. !! phones have blown up and all in Korea.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site

Not a chance.

People saying the note 7 was expensive. From what I saw $910 for the 32gb 7+

Status
Not open for further replies.