09-15-2016 03:40 PM
1,655 ... 64656667
tools
    https://www.google.com/amp/www.cnbc....android-att-us

Official recall will be announced at 4.15 eastern time today
    09-15-2016 02:37 PM

How much will the stock tank tomorrow am when the recall is official?
    09-15-2016 02:39 PM
    I wonder what the official recall means for the timing of replacements.
    09-15-2016 02:40 PM
    This just posted:

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/governmen...192733015.html

Note where it says you will be given a temporary phone until the new ones are ready. Doesn't sound like they are all that close to being approved.
    09-15-2016 02:41 PM
    I think it will majorly tank because even Apple is launching their phones Friday. So stupid on samsungs part no offense to them ...... while the rest of the world will get their new notes on Monday
    09-15-2016 02:44 PM
    This just posted:

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/governmen...192733015.html

Note where it says you will be given a temporary phone until the new ones are ready. Doesn't sound like they are all that close to being approved.
    Any mention of plans right now are speculation and/or original replacement/loaner options being reiterated. Definitive plans won't be announced until the official statement is given. Hang tight... Less than an hour to know.
    09-15-2016 02:48 PM
    I agree. I saw your yahoo link and it seems either new ones aren't ready or the lovely cspc isn't ready to let go of this and approve fast. Note how the article also mentioned other samsung phones exploding so that tells me that it may be another factor to add to this mess, even though those others are not note 7 phones. Last glimmer of hope I have is that our lovely cspc will say hey they are approved let's see at 4.15....if no time line is given or if it's taking months I'm done sadly
    09-15-2016 02:48 PM
    I think it will majorly tank because even Apple is launching their phones Friday. So stupid on samsungs part no offense to them ...... while the rest of the world will get their new notes on Monday
    Well, you know that once the government gets involved, all bets are off. As much or more than Samsung is to blame, is Consumer Reports asking the CPSC to get involved and the CPSC themselves. They hijacked a process that could have gone a lot smoother and likely will delay the whole thing by weeks if not months. Not to mention, since there is a new battery in the phones, from a different manufacturer, I wouldn't put it past the FCC to say, "Hey, you need approval from us too." No, it shouldn't happen because the battery should have nothing to do with RF, but I don't trust govt. agencies as far as I can throw them.
    09-15-2016 02:50 PM
    Hey, if I am wrong, I will gladly eat my words and apologize.
    09-15-2016 02:52 PM
    Well, you know that once the government gets involved, all bets are off. As much or more than Samsung is to blame, is Consumer Reports asking the CPSC to get involved and the CPSC themselves. They hijacked a process that could have gone a lot smoother and likely will delay the whole thing by weeks if not months. Not to mention, since there is a new battery in the phones, from a different manufacturer, I wouldn't put it past the FCC to say, "Hey, you need approval from us too." No, it shouldn't happen because the battery should have nothing to do with RF, but I don't trust govt. agencies as far as I can throw them.
    It doesn't matter who contacted the CPSC first, they are legally obligated to get involved, regardless. That's the whole point of a Safety Commission. It would have been better for Samsung to go through them originally so they could have been involved from the beginning and saved us a week or so. Either way, it is what it is and nothing we can do but wait for the resolution.

ETA: They didn't need to be contacted, anyway. They have people reading Consumer reports (and other channels to gleen information) to stay aware of safety issues.. Daily.
    09-15-2016 02:58 PM
    09-15-2016 03:03 PM

Watch what live?
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    09-15-2016 03:04 PM
    Watch what live?
    CPSC news conference
    09-15-2016 03:05 PM
    I have to agree with you I am getting that vibe too. Also China was a perfect example of no failures of the note and battery was from different manufacturer.. so in essence they could have tested that piece and moved on so we can get our devices changed to the good note 7...
    09-15-2016 03:05 PM
    As I suggested in a different thread, maybe Samsung should move their battery production facilities to North Korea - Great Leader knows how to deal with this kind of screw-up! Those responsible will be executed by anti-aircraft cannons. Best Korea will now produce a nuclear-powered Samsung Note Un!
    09-15-2016 03:09 PM
    Home / Recalls / 2016
    Samsung Recalls Galaxy Note7 Smartphones Due to Serious Fire and Burn Hazards
    Recall date: SEPTEMBER 15, 2016 Recall number: 16-266
    Previous Next Enlarge
    Recalled Samsung Galaxy Note7 phone
    1 of 2 photos
    Recalled Samsung Galaxy Note7 phone
    Download Share
    Recall Summary
    Name of product:
    Samsung Galaxy Note7 smartphones sold prior to September 15, 2016

Hazard:
    The lithium-ion battery in the Galaxy Note7 smartphones can overheat and catch fire, posing a serious burn hazard to consumers.

Remedy:
    View Details RefundReplace Consumer Contact:
    Contact your wireless carrier or place of purchase, call Samsung toll-free at 844-365-6197 anytime, or go online at Electronics & Appliances: Tablets, Smartphones, TVs | Samsung US.

Report an Incident Involving this Product
    Recall Details
    In conjunction with

Canada Flag Mexico Flag
    Units
    About 1 million
    Description
    This recall involves the Samsung Galaxy Note7 smartphone sold before September 15, 2016. The recalled devices have a 5.7 inch screen and were sold in the following colors: black onyx, blue coral, gold platinum and silver titanium with a matching stylus. Samsung is printed on the top front of the phone and Galaxy Note7 is printed on the back of the phone.

To determine if your phone has been recalled, locate the IMEI number on the back of the phone or the packaging, and enter the IMEI number into the online registration site Electronics & Appliances: Tablets, Smartphones, TVs | Samsung US or call Samsung toll-free at 844-365-6197.
    Incidents/Injuries
    Samsung has received 92 reports of the batteries overheating in the U.S., including 26 reports of burns and 55 reports of property damage, including fires in cars and a garage.
    Remedy
    Consumers should immediately stop using and power down the recalled Galaxy Note7 devices purchased before September 15, 2016. Contact the wireless carrier, retail outlet or Samsung.com where you purchased your device to receive free of charge a new Galaxy Note7 with a different battery, a refund or a new replacement device. Go to Electronics & Appliances: Tablets, Smartphones, TVs | Samsung US for more details.

Samsung Recalls Galaxy Note7 Smartphones Due to Serious Fire and Burn Hazards | CPSC.gov
    09-15-2016 03:24 PM
    Recall impacts 97% of phones in US. Stay safe out there.
    So if you're phone is part of the recall...which you have a link to verify and you do not return it then you are 100% an ***** and will be liable for any damages caused if your phone ever has a meltdown.
    09-15-2016 03:24 PM

The reports of exploding batteries on Samsung's Galaxy Note 7 are "the biggest nightmare that anybody can think of in terms of phones," Sree Sreenivasan, New York City's new chief digital officer, told CNBC's "Squawk Alley" on Monday.

"I can't think of a worse situation," Sreenivasan said. "And I think what the company has to do is be upfront about it and be very clear about how it will fix the problem, what happened and how it will work. Because they were hoping this was the best phone that's ever been released, and in fact, it's going to go down as one of the worst.... It's going to be very scary for Samsung."

This came from the article on a CPSC announcement. Who the heck is this guy?? I think Samsung has been VERY upfront and transparent about the problem. I also don't see how this issue makes the Note 7 the "worst" phone ever released. Hate the sensationalism.
    09-15-2016 03:26 PM
    "Consumers should immediately stop using and power down the recalled Galaxy Note7 devices purchased before September 15, 2016. Contact the wireless carrier, retail outlet or Samsung.com where you purchased your device to receive free of charge a new Galaxy Note7 with a different battery, a refund or a new replacement device."

So does this mean they already have new Note 7's ready?
    09-15-2016 03:27 PM
    So I read both cpsc and samsung website and new notes will be available so it looks like they approved the ones with the new battery please see my post above unless I read it wrong
    09-15-2016 03:27 PM
    Does this mean the phones are available immediately? Wish there were more specifics. They really didn't tell us much that we didn't already know.
    scottishlassy likes this.
    09-15-2016 03:30 PM
    Sounds like they have the phones. Be safe.
    09-15-2016 03:31 PM
    People who did not trade in or exchange their Note 7 for a loaner device will have first access to devices tomorrow morning everyone else who got a loaner device will have to wait until all pre-revision Notes have been confirmed turned in.

LOL wouldn't that be funny.
    09-15-2016 03:33 PM
    Meh...Like I said I'm over the N7 I'll be back once the N8 is announced. For now I'm iPhone bound.
    09-15-2016 03:35 PM
    Samsung says on it's website no later than 9/21 the carriers will have the new ones
    toenail_flicker and mvsmith like this.
    09-15-2016 03:36 PM
1,655 ... 64656667
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD