• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Note 7 burns 6 year old boy in New York

Recalled Samsung phone explodes in little boy’s hands | New York Post

The frustrating thing is how impossible it has been for Samsung to send *one* message through all of its retail channels. There are posts everywhere where people are told to take their phones home until the new ones come in, or stores jerking people around on return policies, or lying, or ignorant. Who knows what or how many stories the owner of this phone was told or if they ever even received the "turn off your phone and wait until some future date when you might get a replacement" message from Samsung.

Last edited by a moderator:

jsgiv

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: Note 7 burns 6 year old boy in New York

And it apparently wasn't charging either. I thought it was safe when not charging.
No... Samsung never said the issue only occurred when the device was charging..

That's why CSPC came in and stated to shut down the device...

I am amazed everytime I see someone minimize this issue and make the statement that they are being safe by only charging the phone at certain times, etc.

This isn't the first or only report of it exploding in someone's hand either, as it was previously reported via various Reddit discussions where a few people were just holding it and it caught fire.

But some feel that since it's on Reddit then it can't be true..

Maybe this story will make some rethink their position and return the device now...

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
And it apparently wasn't charging either. I thought it was safe when not charging.

I'm guessing anytime the battery is at work (which is when it's on) it can happened. Probably even more so when charging or doing battery intensive activities. But this is why they said power then off and return them. They didn't say they found the issue only when the phone is charging.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Re: Note 7 Ban At Work

Every Note 7 that caught fire was safe.....until it blew up. Right, it's just a phone, and even though mine was working fine I swapped it. It's slightly inconvenient but at the end of this mess I'll have a brand new Note 7 and be on my way. People should keep in mind a possible fire threat isn't only a danger to the owner. Others need to be considered.
Keep in mind, you're lucky. Many reports of people being sent away from stores or told by sales reps not to worry about it, or given misinformation. If people on this board can't get an exchange done what hope does a grandmother have (like the one who's grandson was just burned by a note 7)?

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

No... Samsung never said the issue only occurred when the device was charging..

That's why CSPC came in and stated to shut down the device...

I am amazed everytime I see someone minimize this issue and make the statement that they are being safe by only charging the phone at certain times, etc.

This isn't the first or only report of it exploding in someone's hand either, as it was previously reported via various Reddit discussions where a few people were just holding it and it caught fire.

But some feel that since it's on Reddit then it can't be true..

Maybe this story will make some rethink their position and return the device now...

Yeah it's a lot of dismissive people trying to downplay the seriousness because their device hasn't caught fire. It is serious. And it can happen to you.

Lobwedgephil

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

“These incidents have occurred while charging and during normal use, which has led us to call for consumers to power down their Note7s.”

"The commission is still deciding whether Samsung can issue replacement Galaxy Note7s."

Allnicksgone

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site

“These incidents have occurred while charging and during normal use, which has led us to call for consumers to power down their Note7s.”

"The commission is still deciding whether Samsung can issue replacement Galaxy Note7s."
Yes, I have no doubt it can happen even if it's not being charged. But for curiosity's sake, it would be interesting to know if it was charging in this incident.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

That's so terrible! As awful as this story is, it needs to be spread as many places as possible, so people take Samsung seriously and return their phones for replacement devices.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

Hmm, as an adult, I'll wisely make sure my little one doesn't use my recalled phone. Problem solved.

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site

That's so terrible! As awful as this story is, it needs to be spread as many places as possible, so people take Samsung seriously and return their phones for replacement devices.

Exactly!!!! This was bound to happen, personal injury from a Note 7. The news about the Note 7 is all over the world's media and it's now been banned in airlines from more than 1 country now. I doubt that this is the last Note 7 failure that causes a personal injury, house or car fire that you hear of. There will be more before it all ends.

The Note 7 will be a complete write off for Samsung, just like Nokia was for Microsoft. I'm sure Samsung will go great guns when the S8 comes, but the Note 7 is dead in the water as far as profitability is concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress