Are you handing your phone in

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob.G

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: Had to give up my Note 7.

I could have locked the phone in the top-case on my motorcycle, but like I said before I didn't really want it out of my sight.. because then who knows, it could have gone up and taken out my bike and any bikes near it. That would have been bad. :)

As for saying okay and doing nothing... I thought of that a bit too late. That's exactly what I should have done. Except, of course, then if the thing did blow, it would have been especially bad. :)

As for Mr. Know It All, I'll just say you know nothing about me, so WHATEVER. And learn to spell. It's "blase." You can Google words you aren't sure of.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Flew back from LA yesterday and saw this at check in

Yup, FAA issued the same warnings and a bunch of airlines are doing the same worldwide. It's all in the 'Better safe than sorry' spirit.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Re: Not handing in your Note 7? You'll soon regret it

Your going to love this email, Im still laughing.
798c89d5653bafb242a3a2096a2e9c31.jpg

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Mod Note

Keep the discussion civil. A debate is fine but jumping down each others throats isn't needed. Thanks.

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
The device has a one year manufacture's warranty. Anyone who keeps the phone past this deadline or any other deadline that is set only has to file a manufacturer's warranty claim stating that their battery is not holding a charge or is heating up and it will get replaced.

Don't think that will hold up for a recall "if they set a hard date" as someone pointed out that has not been the case so far.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

The Note 7 is Doomed. :( I'm about done with it myself.
If Samsung does not get the replacements out soon, Adios. :'(

Was that picture taken with a Note 7?

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm loling @ you right now. A recall is a recall it doesn't matter how long you wait they have to take it back.

Right, your recalled phone catches fire (you were put on notice that this can happen and asked to return it).
Burns down a building and kills a couple of people. Who do you think the courts will hold liable.....hint it wont be Samsung.

Xenuprime

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
They send them to stores and only allow exchanges and no new sales.....They would set a new release date and carriers wouldn't be able to sell them until then
So, I wonder how that will effect those who return their N7 and get an S7E until the new N7 comes in? It won't technically be an exchange when the new N7 comes in, but another return and new purchase. Maybe because we will be on record as having bought the original.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: Maybe go with a Note4 instead?

I'm trying to figure out for what I do, would the Note4 be a good enough device? Especially at nearly 2/3's the cost of the Note7. With 6.0.1 being available for the Note4, that would probably be the last major O/S update for the Note 4, so would that carry me 1-2 years? I don't do anything very advanced with my phones, just apps & internet, don't really play major games or am worried about advanced photography. I have an iPhone 6S+ for my work device, this would be for my personal use and playing around. Thoughts?
The note 4 will last at least another year with those uses. The camera is also extremely good.

verks

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site

I could have locked the phone in the top-case on my motorcycle, but like I said before I didn't really want it out of my sight.. because then who knows, it could have gone up and taken out my bike and any bikes near it. That would have been bad. :)

As for saying okay and doing nothing... I thought of that a bit too late. That's exactly what I should have done. Except, of course, then if the thing did blow, it would have been especially bad. :)

As for Mr. Know It All, I'll just say you know nothing about me, so WHATEVER. And learn to spell. It's "blase." You can Google words you aren't sure of.

The Note itself is rather "blazee" :D :D

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

To be fair to Samsung, you DO have the option to return it right now, either for a full refund or with a very capable 'loaner' phone (most carriers are giving out S7's). Plus, rumor has it that, at least in the US, it's the FCC that's holding the already-available replacements back until they're convinced those are safe.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site

there have been 70 reported incidents already (if you want to believe the Canadian report)..pretty sure the phone won't start beeping with a count down to tell him that the battery is about to explode....but hey, if folks want to roll the dice, be my guest...
70 incidents of what though? Kaboom? No. Incidents where the device over heated and flammable items near them catching fire. What I'm saying is that I think these stories are sensationalized somewhat. It's not like they're actually exploding like a grenade right?

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site

Screen wise just the opposite LG screens aren't the prettiest to look at , cameras are going to be close, sound wise definitely a downgrade, ir blaster on the v20, shouldn't be a issue with a glass screen protector on the v20, you do have 7.0 on the v20.. and it will have a removable battery..

These are 2 very different phones..

Now the bad.. The v20 will have lg's UI and depending on which carrier you have may or may not have a factory recovery. No one knows if they have fixed the bootloop issues they have been plagued with and they aren't the greatest when it comes to optimizing the os. No way of using package disabler pro on the LG and no waterproofing.

The really bad about the US version of the edge is it's abysmal sounding speakers and crappy battery life. If you can get a unlocked Eynox version and the really bad won't be present. If you use a great BT headphones with AptX it's not as bad but it is doable if you aren't a audiophile.

Personally.. I would get a full refund then find a really inexpensive phone you can buy outright to use till all of this settles down.. I went with the Nexus 6p and actually love it.. I won't be buying anymore carrier branded phones again, as good as the Notes are I just don't need the bs associated with them or the carriers and this phone is a kickass phone on 7.0 sans the s-pen.. And both new Pixels will be out next month sometime as the rumor mill states..

Don't most Android users slap on a 3rd party Launcher? If that's the case who cares what the default UI looks like?

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Right, your recalled phone catches fire (you were put on notice that this can happen and asked to return it).
Burns down a building and kills a couple of people. Who do you think the courts will hold liable.....hint it wont be Samsung.
I think that's a bit extreme. You're just bringing badmojo (x69) to this thread. :)

dstrauss

May 7, 2014
Visit site

I could have locked the phone in the top-case on my motorcycle, but like I said before I didn't really want it out of my sight.. because then who knows, it could have gone up and taken out my bike and any bikes near it. That would have been bad. :)...

This is what I don't get - if you are concerned about leaving it out in your bike, not even charging, why no concern for carrying it in the office? Whether in your pocket or on your desk, the "burn" is going to hurt just as much, even if you manage to pull it out and get it into a trash can quickly (hopefully one you didn't dump dozens of pages of paper into).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non