Deadline to return

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeS1971

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
I've already received my refunds for our two Note 7's. My son is using a used S7 Edge and I'm using my previous phone, a LG G4, hopefully it doesn't burst into flames like two other I've owned.

And after two phone calls to Verizon and visiting two corporate stores, they seem to not want the Note 7's back. I can't get the stores to take back the phones nor will they give me a return box. Verizon also won't send me a return box.

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Let us know what you think of the LG I was looking at that also . But I was thinking it might suck because it's a LG

I had a LG Optimus G pro back in 2013 and loved it. Chose it over a Note 3 at the time. I just hate that it (the V20) has no wireless charging, water resistance or S amoled screen.

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
I've already received my refunds for our two Note 7's. My son is using a used S7 Edge and I'm using my previous phone, a LG G4, hopefully it doesn't burst into flames like two other I've owned.

And after two phone calls to Verizon and visiting two corporate stores, they seem to not want the Note 7's back. I can't get the stores to take back the phones nor will they give me a return box. Verizon also won't send me a return box.

Contact Samsung direct they will handle it.

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

That is really strange because Verizon is trying real hard to get me to return mine. They said I can return it at any store which i confirmed with my two corporate stores or order a new phone online and they will send me a box. Also they said there as of now is no deadline to return and get your money back and I'm free to keep using it at my own risk

JohnT3

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I've been trying to get a replacement. Been watching ebay for a Note 5 or s6 edge+, planning on just getting something cheaper til the s8 releases. I haven't found a good deal yet though. Today I almost caved and payed more than I wanted before I caught myself, why rush when I have a better phone in my hand right now.

blueGN7

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
I doubt they can enforce any deadline so soon, maybe in a few months. I turned off updates so they cannot brick mine that way. I also am undecided as to my eventual replacement.

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I ordered the LG V20. If I don't like it (Hopefully I do). SIM Card is going right back in the Note 7 until I find another phone that will do. The only thing I won't do is get on an airplane with the Note 7. I ain't trying to get arrested or taken in some green room because of the Note 7....lol. That's where I draw the line. I am just hoping the LG V20 does the trick for me.

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I doubt they can enforce any deadline so soon, maybe in a few months. I turned off updates so they cannot brick mine that way. I also am undecided as to my eventual replacement.
When you turn off updates, doesn't it turn off updates for the apps as well?

Shanda5303

Banned
Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
On October 13th, Sprint sent me a text saying I had 15 days to return phone or I'll have to pay in full. Text was on note 7 so I don't have that text anymore.
I'll be livid if T-mobile tries to pull this bs. If I want to keep my Note 7 that's my choice you can't force me to give it back, hell I'll even sign a waiver saying I take full responsibility for the phone and my safety. 😧

Laura Crusader

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
My guess, it could be the last update. I got that update the same day i got the 7. System version is the same etc
I wouldn't be surprised if they rolled a brick out. I have yet to return mines but not in use.

ELAkid

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
A tmob rep also told me online they haven't set a deadline for us to return it, I'm also milking it to see what phone I decide to downgrade to.

His Majesty

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
On October 13th, Sprint sent me a text saying I had 15 days to return phone or I'll have to pay in full. Text was on note 7 so I don't have that text anymore.

I've been with Sprint for 10 years. I never got that text, but if they ever pulled a stunt like that, I would dump them in a New York minute. I'll return the Note when I get my hands on a suitable replacement. In this case, I'm waiting until the 28th to get the V20. I know, even if I HAD received that text on the 13th saying I had 15 days to return it, that would be the 28th anyway, but it's the principal of the matter.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
When you turn off updates, doesn't it turn off updates for the apps as well?
Has not on mine. I have the apps set to NOT Auto update, but I do get alerts that an update is available
I'll be livid if T-mobile tries to pull this bs. If I want to keep my Note 7 that's my choice you can't force me to give it back, hell I'll even sign a waiver saying I take full responsibility for the phone and my safety. 😧

Nostromo79

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
I heard Samsung hired Joe Pesci to go around and bust all the Note 7s kneecaps! Lol no, there is speculation that Samsung will eventually send out some type of update to essentially brick the phone. At the very least, I can see the carriers eventually booting them off the networks and blacklisting the IMEI numbers so they'll just be a wifi only device.

By coincidence I'm home alone; we'll see about that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87