Samsung (direct from them): Note 8 Pre-Order Thread

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Decided not to send in my phone and collect the $425, I paid more than that for it and what happens if I need a backup, this deal isn't as sweet as it first sounded Samsung gets your phone hopefully it pays $425 then your committed to there device the N8.
They should of just offered a flat discount across the board for N7 users, this is a great marketing strategy on Samsungs part a win win for them.
So I just going to own up and pay full price and trust me I'm on a budget.
Just not willing to take less than what I just paid 4 months ago.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I ordered 2 early Friday morning and paid the $14 for expedited shipping. My receipt emails say "Pre-order ships 09/11/17"

I hope so too! Or, it could be packed and ready on the 11th then actually begins transit on the 12th and you get it on the 13th, one day before release. Remains to be seen if the $14 is worth it.

burrzoo

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Yea, when I ordered the Note 7 from Tmobile in the store they charged the fee saying it was a "service fee" Even though I was simply switching the SIM card myself.

I did the promo thing, sending in my S7 edge for the $425. Will Samsung send me a shipping label for it to send along with my Note 8?
I believe they send you a pre-paid box to ship your trade-in back to them. The box should come with the Note 8 as I understand it.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I believe they send you a pre-paid box to ship your trade-in back to them. The box should come with the Note 8 as I understand it.

Cool. I will also use packing peanuts or bubble wrap too if they don't include it. This phone is in mint condition with the white factory sticker still on the back too. No reason they should find something to deny me the trade in. If I get screwed over I'll make sure to post it on youtube and twitter and I will then only order from Best Buy or Tmobile or Amazon for now on when I get a Samsung phone. This offer is worth the dice roll though. No way I wanted to pay a grand for another phone after I just bought the s8 plus. I mean I got the money but I don't want to blow my cash like that.

If I insure it and they said it's damage could I file a claim with Fedex and get reimbursed then if i show them the rejection email they send saying my device was damaged?

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
It's a label inside the note 8 box you will use the same to send your phone in, it's in the small print in the agreement

burrzoo

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Cool. I will also use packing peanuts or bubble wrap too if they don't include it. This phone is in mint condition with the white factory sticker still on the back too. No reason they should find something to deny me the trade in. If I get screwed over I'll make sure to post it on youtube and twitter and I will then only order from Best Buy or Tmobile or Amazon for now on when I get a Samsung phone. This offer is worth the dice roll though. No way I wanted to pay a grand for another phone after I just bought the s8 plus. I mean I got the money but I don't want to blow my cash like that.

If I insure it and they said it's damage could I file a claim with Fedex and get reimbursed then if i show them the rejection email they send saying my device was damaged?
I think you have a great idea. You are covering all the bases. I don't know how much insurance (if any) that Samsung will provide with the pre-paid shipping label but I'm sure we can find out and probably add to it. I'm going to follow your lead because also have a very, very clean phone to trade in. If they say damaged, I will definitely file a claim with the shipper. Only caveat with that will be no picture evidence from Samsung as proof. It might be a crap shoot for us. Keeping fingers crossed.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I think you have a great idea. You are covering all the bases. I don't know how much insurance (if any) that Samsung will provide with the pre-paid shipping label but I'm sure we can find out and probably add to it. I'm going to follow your lead because also have a very, very clean phone to trade in. If they say damaged, I will definitely file a claim with the shipper. Only caveat with that will be no picture evidence from Samsung as proof. It might be a crap shoot for us. Keeping fingers crossed.

I don't think they will provide insurance except for the standard $100 which is what UPS and Fedex is I think that is automatic.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
This is like starting over again, half to give up my phone to get a discount with Samsung isn't this how the Hole thing started anyway

CTREV21

May 14, 2012
Visit site
All this input finally helped me make up my mind. As a Note 5 owner. I was going back and forth from the new Note to the S8 Plus. I had to make up my mind based on money VS features. Yes I love the S Pen and extra RAM but the cost pushed me away as I wasn't lucky enough to buy a Note 7 (Get the $425) and go through hell.
So I'm going a few ways.
1. Purchased S8 Plus ( It will hold me over for at least the next year at which time it will be paid off). I opted to trade in an old iPhone 6 but also listed it on the Bay to see if I get more than $200, If not I'll take my chances on the trade in. (decided to do this based on all the horror stories I've read about all the people getting screwed and only getting $25)
2. I'll still have my Note 5 for backup until prices drop and selections increase. If that happens I could upgrade and sell the S8+ and still trade in the Note 5 or sell both or either outright again.
3. Or just go with the flow for a year and see what the S9+, Note 9 line will offer.

I think my plan is sound. I wish everyone the best in their choices made and hope to update this adventure with ultimately having a Note back in my hand for my daily driver within the next year to year and a half.

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm curious about the "qualifications" to get the full $425 off. I bought an iPhone 6 from a friend for a $100. I figure saving $325 is still better than nothing. i can sell my S8+ for 500/525 on swappa and that's like getting the Note 8 for $100.

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm counting down the days! Sept 11th ship date with next day
Delivery!

Attachments

• 30044.jpg
    30044.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Liquid7

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
I'm counting down the days! Sept 11th ship date with next day celery
Delivery!
Funny that my order email says the same thing as yours but when you log in to check your order status it has no dates at all. Very fishy. I'm crossing my fingers hoping it goes at 9/11.

walhalla

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
So my bank acct has been showing a pending transaction for the Note 8 of $573.79 (535.00 plus shipping of 38.79). I just noticed the transaction is no longer pending on my bank acct and the money has not been withdrawn. In checking the Samsung site for my order, I don't see it listed. I don't know if my order was cancelled or their website is doing something screwy. Has anyone else seen their order disappear and any pending transaction on their bank acct disappear?

nobrakes

May 16, 2010
Visit site
So my bank acct has been showing a pending transaction for the Note 8 of $573.79 (535.00 plus shipping of 38.79). I just noticed the transaction is no longer pending on my bank acct and the money has not been withdrawn. In checking the Samsung site for my order, I don't see it listed. I don't know if my order was cancelled or their website is doing something screwy. Has anyone else seen their order disappear and any pending transaction on their bank acct disappear?
From my experience, that's how it works. You will see a charge but than it will disappear until they ship it. So make sure you have enough in your account when it gets closer to launch date.