What would you change?

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
IR blaster
Removable battery
Flat screen
To be able to make your own vibration pattern(stock) and to be able to have seperate ones for each contact. I know you can do that with certain 3rd party apps but I would like to see it become stock.
I'm not super pleased with the intensity of their vibration but mine is a little weak. On my S8+ it was so strong it would vibrate off the table but it's pretty weak on my Note 8.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Stereo speakers. IMO it's ridiculous you have arguably the best screen in any phone, you're watching video content... and the audio is coming out a weak single firing speaker from one side. And let's try to make it louder than it currently is capable of. I was watching some videos on my phone in landscape and the videos look great but kept on thinking the sound was just weak coming from one speaker from the side. :-!

Larger battery... 3500mah should have been the min. 3750+ better. The current battery is just ok... just gets you through the day... at least for me. That's kinda weak for a flagship phone.

Lose the curved edges. It creates more problems then it's worth as far as weak point in drops and finding decent glass protectors. It's just a gimmick... You put a case on it like I have the Neo Hybrid and it pretty much hides the curves and the edge menus activate without needing the curved glass. Go with a subtle curve on a flat screen like the V30.

Of course the FPS is in a terrible spot. Lower and in the center.

Get rid of that stupid Bixby button. Voice activated is fine.

Shorten the length of the phone about an inch shorter.

A wide angle lens on the second camera like LG uses.
If you want the V30 just get that

jsk0703

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
I'd move the speaker from the bottom to one of the sides. Would keep from covering the speaker when using the phone in landscape mode.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Got a problem? Look at the OP post... What would you change on the NOTE 9?

The Note 8 is a great phone. I own one. Far from perfect. If they're gonna make a NOTE 9, nothing wrong with some of these on the wish. Especially when you're pushing $1000 for one.

Nothing wrong with the V30 either IMO.

If you want the V30 just get that

Last edited:

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
That definitely is a possibility but since the thread is about what would you change -- he is simply stating what he would change. Makes sense, right? :p.
Makes perfect sense, but he can find damn near everything he'd change in the V30 right now, so why change it for the Note 9?

I would put a slim black rectangle right in the top of the screen.

Get rid of the fingerprint scanner and go with face unlock only.

Get rid of the headphone jack.

Make it smaller, maybe like a 5.8" screen.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Makes perfect sense, but he can find damn near everything he'd change in the V30 right now, so why change it for the Note 9?

I would put a slim black rectangle right in the top of the screen.

Get rid of the fingerprint scanner and go with face unlock only.

Get rid of the headphone jack.

Make it smaller, maybe like a 5.8" screen.

Maybe because he wants Samsung Pay or the Note software?

Either way he was just answering the thread :p.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I'd like 256gb internal memory, 8gb ram, coral blue option, iris scanning that works in direct sunlight, in screen fingerprint sensor or even an in glass fingerprint sensor on the back, IR blaster and of course the most advanced and newest SOC at the time.

anon(10329609)

Oct 2, 2017
Visit site
I think the only thing I would change is having access to the battery. The phone couldn't be water proof, but I would make the trade off. Otherwise love everything about the N8

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I think the only thing I would change is having access to the battery. The phone couldn't be water proof, but I would make the trade off. Otherwise love everything about the N8

Actually it could still be water resistant (no phone is water proof). The Galaxy S5 had a removable battery and was water resistant.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
well since we're going to get 512gb SoC with SD card option for another 512gb and true wrap around bezel less infinity display 6.5 inch with absolutely minimum top bottom non screen front in 4K and triple camera on back and dual on front, 5000 mah battery which will last 3 days due to the new chip.
obviously the s-pen will now also have been turned into a true light sabre

CrudeOne

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
A minimum of 128 GB of storage. In a day of 4K videos and HDR pictures 32 and 64 GB storage in devices needs to be done away with, especially seeing as though Apple and Samsung are pushing $1,000 hardware in their flagships. That 128 GB should be standard in all Android flagships in 2018 or 2019 in my opinion.

A fingerprint reader under the glass would be nice; although, it is not a deal breaker. I believe eventually these OEMs will have other forms of biometric authentication so perfected that iris scanning and facial identification will be even more popular than the fingerprint. Right now the technology is relatively new though.

I don't think this will ever happen but I'd like a be high quality messaging service implemented across the board by Google on all Android devices. I envy how iMessage works seemlessly on iOS devices especially as it relates to sending high quality videos and pictures. I don't think RCS is the answer, because most of the carriers like Big Red and AT&T will be finicky about implementing it if ever.

I'd like stereo speakers as well.

Put a bigger battery in device. I personally don't mind them making the device a couple of millimeters thicker if it means a bigger battery and better battery life. Never understood the fascination with razor thin devices.

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
LG V30 body with 6" screen (including stereo speakers)
IR blaster
Default high res pics to sport 16:9
At least 4000 mah battery

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699