I think my S Pen is broken

Alden Li

Sep 26, 2017
Visit site
I need help. For some reason my S Pen is registering touches when I am just hovering it above the screen and not actually touching the screen with it. When I do try to register a touch by touching the screen it will sometimes not respond. This did not happen a couple of days ago. I am not sure how to fix this problem. Does anyone have any ideas?

Alden Li

Sep 26, 2017
Visit site
I think it's my s pen that is broken. I used the s pen from my note 3 on the note 8 and it worked fine. I then used the note 8 s pen on my note 3 and the same problem occurred. Would I be able to get a free replacement from Samsung or would I have to go through T Mobile since I got it there? Also would I have voided the warranty if I just placed the s pen in the sink and got it wet?

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Yeah I did use those, but same result. I think it's the entire pen that is bugged.
They should provide a replacement pen for you. Go through tmpbile they're great for that. I have them and have had to do three replacements over the last few years (S6, 7edge, and Gear s2 watch, all unrelated to each other).

jay887

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site
I think it's my s pen that is broken. I used the s pen from my note 3 on the note 8 and it worked fine. I then used the note 8 s pen on my note 3 and the same problem occurred. Would I be able to get a free replacement from Samsung or would I have to go through T Mobile since I got it there? Also would I have voided the warranty if I just placed the s pen in the sink and got it wet?

Tmobile won't cover it ...you have to go through Samsung. They consider it an accessory which is what I was told when I called them about my s pen. Called Samsung and I have a spen warranty exchange processing right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87