Note 8 to iPhone X?

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Amazing. Wireless charging, slim bezels, OLED screen (AMOLED) , face unlock, optical image stabilization (OIS) on 2 rear cameras, no physical home button. Those are just the obvious and most recent no brainers.

Yeah tbf some of those were robbed copied by Android phones too amongst other things

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Hilarious the sheep. This guy is waiting in line and the Apple Store manager says they only have stock for people who ordered a phone. This dude and gal don't believe him because they claim Tim Cook said they would have stock and they call the police on the store.

The police officer tells them since they don't have the phone in stock that they can go buy an Android phone LOL.:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrL_SmjV0u8

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
After seeing all the reviews and comparisons, it's clear that both phones are amazing they both have features that excel ever so slightly over each other and based on personal preference you can't go wrong with either. With that said love my note 8 she ain't going nowhere!

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Hilarious the sheep. This guy is waiting in line and the Apple Store manager says they only have stock for people who ordered a phone. This dude and gal don't believe him because they claim Tim Cook said they would have stock and they call the police on the store.

The police officer tells them since they don't have the phone in stock that they can go buy an Android phone LOL.:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrL_SmjV0u8
Lol

thecaringkind

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Hell to the NAW! I'm not interested in the Apple Galaxy X series... You actually LOSE functionality and that unibrow?!? Those are major deal breakers for me along with iOS 11 being just crap and ZERO customization... Yeah my Note 8 is all I need.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Hell to the NAW! I'm not interested in the Apple Galaxy X series... You actually LOSE functionality and that unibrow?!? Those are major deal breakers for me along with iOS 11 being just crap and ZERO customization... Yeah my Note 8 is all I need.

Unibrow........thanks for the laugh. I love this😂😂

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Did you notice how barely any consumers are complaining about the display ratio of the iPhone X compared to the complaining that was done for the Note 8? iPhone X ratio is apparently 19.5:9 with the notch.... That's even wider than the Note 8, GS8/8+ ratio of 18.5:9.

Time for people to accept the wide ratios.

srgonu

Dec 30, 2016
Visit site
I played with iPhone X today in BestBuy for sometime. Felt like bigger sibling of iPhone 3GS with a notch. :)

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
This came up for me earlier as a suggested YouTube video to watch.
I'm confused by some of the comments. What do they mean when they say the iPhone apps haven't been optimized? Or wait 3 months for them to be optimized? I thought iPhones worked right out of the box... ??????

Never saw them comment the Android phone was not optimised previously when iPhone was faster

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
This came up for me earlier as a suggested YouTube video to watch.
I'm confused by some of the comments. What do they mean when they say the iPhone apps haven't been optimized? Or wait 3 months for them to be optimized? I thought iPhones worked right out of the box...
LOL! Yeah, from what I remember the iPhone "just works".....until it loses to an Android, then it needs many MANY software updates, lol.

Remember how they ket saying the iPhone 8 Plus just needed updates? It got like 2 or 3 and still lost.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Do tell how is your experience carrying the 2x4 in your pocket known as note 8?
It's great. The Note 8 feels so nice in my hand. It's only slightly taller and the width is much less than my wife's fat iPhone 7 plus. Way easier to use the Note 8 one handed

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Do tell how is your experience carrying the 2x4 in your pocket known as note 8?
Lol. 2x4? It's funny what seems big to different people. The Note 8 has been the best of the large phones by far for daily handling and use. Some people just don't like large phones though.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Comparison to iPhone X and original iPhone.

Checkout the droptest he does with the iPhone X, almost 6 feet with NO case. Totally nuts but it doesn't break.

I wish they built these phones like the Note 4 still. I'd still wear a heavy duty case but I wouldn't freak about dropping it at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smhNAaqvqrQ

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Comparison to iPhone X and original iPhone.

Checkout the droptest he does with the iPhone X, almost 6 feet with NO case. Totally nuts but it doesn't break.

I wish they built these phones like the Note 4 still. I'd still wear a heavy duty case but I wouldn't freak about dropping it at all.

There was another video on Google Now earlier today that showed that the iPhone X screen shattered on their first drop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699