Premium Care: Cancel it if you have it.

lyingfromyou

May 5, 2011
Visit site
That still works with other insurance. Thats what T-Mobile did for me yesterday. Carrier deductibles are way too high.

If it's a defect and not user inflicted damage then I agree, deductibles are uncalled for! For the 1st year the warranty on the device should take care of that, no deductible! I've had no problems doing a warranty swap in store & same day...

Otherwise deductibles are too high, just like speeding tickets. Be careful and hopefully you wont end up in a situation where you have to cough it up... To me it's incentive to be careful with said device! Still cheaper than buying a new one imo.

Deductibles are so high in part because unfortunately there are people in the world who carelessly cause damage to their device and pass it off as "defective" the unwitting rep at the store can't tell otherwise and accepts it!

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Well I received my new phone and Samsung will not let me add the device to premium care. They can't explain why and go right back to the same garbage that a rep will contact me in 24-48 hours. It's been 24 days and nobody has ever contacted me. The management team doesn't accept phone calls so there's no way to speak to someone higher up. The corporate office says they sent the information to the appropriate department and still nothing.

This will be the last Samsung phone I ever purchase. Nothing to do with the phone but no way do I support a company who acts like they do.

lyingfromyou

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Well I received my new phone and Samsung will not let me add the device to premium care. They can't explain why and go right back to the same garbage that a rep will contact me in 24-48 hours. It's been 24 days and nobody has ever contacted me. The management team doesn't accept phone calls so there's no way to speak to someone higher up. The corporate office says they sent the information to the appropriate department and still nothing.

This will be the last Samsung phone I ever purchase. Nothing to do with the phone but no way do I support a company who acts like they do.

Either they sent you a refurb or floor model or because you've hit your ceiling for exchanges with the company... Is this a frequent thing for you in the past with other models??

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
And then there is a guy like me, to whom has NEVER had any issues with Samsung support. Sorry you're having these issues, I hope they resolve it!

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Anyone have any luck signing up for premium care yet? It's been to months since they canceled it on me and I'm still unable to sign up. The app just says pending approval.

YoYZ

May 30, 2014
Visit site
I have had premium care since I the S8 launched and when I got my Note 8 I got it again. On November 1st Samsung cancelled my coverage due to "a system issue". I have opened 3 tickets to get this resolved and all 3 have been closed and marked complete yet I am still unable to re-enroll. I have made at least 20 calls to get it resolved and all they say is "we need to escalate this to a management team". I wait the 24-48 hours they request and when I call back they tell me the ticket has been completed. This has happened 3 times, Im on my 4th ticket as of today.

All of that is not why I suggest cancelling your coverage. While on the phone this morning for 2 hours, this joke of a customer service supervisor tells me "theres nothing to be worried about, we dont even have any Note 8's for replacement. They are currently on backorder and we are being told it will be between 8-12 weeks before they can ship any replacements out."

8-12 weeks for a replacement that is supposed to be next day aired to you.

This may be the last straw with me and Samsung. The OnePlus 5t releases tomorrow and Ill probably just buy that and call it a day. Even though my phone is fine, I have had enough with Samsung.

Holy crap dude, I'm having the EXACT SAME PROBLEM!!!

I tried enrolling because I saw it was free for a month so I signed up back in early Nov. My order was confirmed then cancelled... so I did it again through the Samsung+ app. It sending "Pending Approval" for 5 days, then again cancelled. I've called at least 5-6 times, spoken to 2 supervisors and they pretty much tell you they can't fix it and to go fly a kite until they fix the issue. I tried a 3rd time and again, says Pending Approval... just waiting for the cancelled email to come.

I'm so pissed off at this whole process and it's UNBELIEVABLE how 2 supervisors told me they can't help me. It's extremely frustrating.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Holy crap dude, I'm having the EXACT SAME PROBLEM!!!

I tried enrolling because I saw it was free for a month so I signed up back in early Nov. My order was confirmed then cancelled... so I did it again through the Samsung+ app. It sending "Pending Approval" for 5 days, then again cancelled. I've called at least 5-6 times, spoken to 2 supervisors and they pretty much tell you they can't fix it and to go fly a kite until they fix the issue. I tried a 3rd time and again, says Pending Approval... just waiting for the cancelled email to come.

I'm so pissed off at this whole process and it's UNBELIEVABLE how 2 supervisors told me they can't help me. It's extremely frustrating.
Mines still not resolved. The "management" Dept that can fix it won't take calls, supervisors serve no purpose. I gave up and am using T-Mobiles insurance for now.

I reached out to every avenue I could find and got zero help. My ticket shows I have called 46 times now according to the notes attached to it.

They still don't have any phones available for replacements even if you do get signed up.

YoYZ

May 30, 2014
Visit site
Mines still not resolved. The "management" Dept that can fix it won't take calls, supervisors serve no purpose. I gave up and am using T-Mobiles insurance for now.

I reached out to every avenue I could find and got zero help. My ticket shows I have called 46 times now according to the notes attached to it.

They still don't have any phones available for replacements even if you do get signed up.

Here's my problem. 2 weeks after the first time I tried to sign up for this crap service my phone fell and has a small crack and the screen sometimes flickers so I've resorted to using my backup until this whole thing is resolved. I can still try to sign up with Samsung+ but as always (phone working or not), nothing happens and the order gets cancelled in the end.

So if I just wanted to pay the $250 for a replacement screen, you're saying they don't have anything to give me? How does the process work and how long is it supposed to take from the day I send it in until I get a replacement?

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Here's my problem. 2 weeks after the first time I tried to sign up for this crap service my phone fell and has a small crack and the screen sometimes flickers so I've resorted to using my backup until this whole thing is resolved. I can still try to sign up with Samsung+ but as always (phone working or not), nothing happens and the order gets cancelled in the end.

So if I just wanted to pay the $250 for a replacement screen, you're saying they don't have anything to give me? How does the process work and how long is it supposed to take from the day I send it in until I get a replacement?
If you pay the 250 they will replace your screen and it will take 1-2 weeks and you will get your exact phone back. The premium service is supposed to overnight you a replacement phone so you don't have to wait. They told me they don't expect to have any to use as replacements for 6-8 weeks minimum.

Premium care is supposed to be for convenience but it's not at all.

My service was approved and active for a month then the system cancelled it on its own. Now they can't reactivate it and have no clue how to resolve it.

YoYZ

May 30, 2014
Visit site
If you pay the 250 they will replace your screen and it will take 1-2 weeks and you will get your exact phone back. The premium service is supposed to overnight you a replacement phone so you don't have to wait. They told me they don't expect to have any to use as replacements for 6-8 weeks minimum.

Premium care is supposed to be for convenience but it's not at all.

My service was approved and active for a month then the system cancelled it on its own. Now they can't reactivate it and have no clue how to resolve it.

Thanks, yea when I call (which is a total waste of time) nobody has a clue. Not even the supervisors. The entire communication waterfall does not leak down to the most important people who need to know, the frontline customer service kids! it's like sending soldiers out to fight with a knife and fork in their hands, they're clueless. I feel like i'm arguing with my 10yr old nephew at times and I swear I think they're so tired of me asking questions, when they go to transfer I either get dropped or kicked back to the main menu. This could be the most frustrating experience of my life, not even kidding.

YoYZ

May 30, 2014
Visit site
Called again for sh**s and giggles. Was told same thing again, uninstall, reinstall, try again. Told them I did that 4 times already. They tried sending me a txt message to do it that way, text never came through. I tried then, using their web interface: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...2Fpremium-care-hhp-adh1-pb4%2F&token=jVKO5n-f

Hit Send SMS, never received a txt message. This whole campaign by them is all sorts of f'd up. I'm done, don't have time for this crap.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I just blasted Samsung on Twitter over this issue and within an hour or to Assurant responded asking for contact information. Now I'm waiting to be contacted by them.

I had the same problem where I signed up had it for a month then they cancelled for no reason and I can't sign up again.

It's ridiculous how no one at Samsung can help when it comes to premium care.

Scottie15

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
I just blasted Samsung on Twitter over this issue and within an hour or to Assurant responded asking for contact information. Now I'm waiting to be contacted by them.

I had the same problem where I signed up had it for a month then they cancelled for no reason and I can't sign up again.

They also can't help once they bend you over and screw you out of your trade-in device.

Last Samsung phone I will ever own. Ever.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site

I did the same and spoke to Assurant. They told me I was covered until tomorrow but to renew I would have to contact samsung.

Premium care shows I haven't had coverage since Nov 1st.

These people are clueless.

When T-Mobile sent me a new phone, that also couldn't register for premium care, I had to ask why I was even bothering. Especially knowing that if I needed it there wouldn't be any phones to replace mine. People are still having issues getting s8's from them. I saw one post on Samsung's boards that he has been waiting over a month for his replacement and was being told they didn't know when they'd be available but they sure took his $99 quick.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I canceled my Samsung Premium Care within the initial free month but still got charged. After multiple long calls to their customer support over several weeks, I still haven't received a refund.

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
Well I got a phone call within 2 hours after using the contact Ceo option from Samsung in Ireland who organised a courier and phone was picked up an hour and a half later and Samsung 🇮🇪 is now looking after it, fingers crossed

Good luck I hope everything works out.

jackjack1969

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I sent those in to TMobile for warranty exchange and they say now it's water damage and want $521. I said there's no water damage but no way I'm giving $521 for a refurb phone and still have to pay the $960 for the original I no longer have. if just turn it into the insurance then. They said it's not possible and I'm going to be charged regardless for the phone. This is unbelievable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
no3rdseat