Samsung: Galaxy Note 9 Pre-Order Thread

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
They moved mine from 9/15 to 9/23. I decided today to give up and ordered from Amazon. Getting it Friday. Could have gotten it tomorrow but wasn't going to be here.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
They moved mine from 9/15 to 9/23. I decided today to give up and ordered from Amazon. Getting it Friday. Could have gotten it tomorrow but wasn't going to be here.

I think I'm ordering from Amazon or B&H next time. Do you think samsung will eventually lose money if more people start ordering unlocked from places like Amazon so they don't have to deal with the horrid service from Digital River and Samsung? I doubt it hurts Samsung much since they're still getting their money either way.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I think I'm ordering from Amazon or B&H next time. Do you think samsung will eventually lose money if more people start ordering unlocked from places like Amazon so they don't have to deal with the horrid service from Digital River and Samsung? I doubt it hurts Samsung much since they're still getting their money either way.
Yep, if this works out this time I will do the same. I also really started getting nervous thinking what would I do If my phone had a problem. It would be horrible trying to get it resolved through Samsung.com. I dealt with them before in the note7 (twice), S7e replacement, and note 8 last year with no issues, but always felt I was gambling while doing it.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Yep, if this works out this time I will do the same. I also really started getting nervous thinking what would I do If my phone had a problem. It would be horrible trying to get it resolved through Samsung.com. I dealt with them before in the note7 (twice), S7e replacement, and note 8 last year with no issues, but always felt I was gambling while doing it.

Also, unless you live in NY ordering from B&H will save you a $&(& load in taxes too. With these phones costing $1000 that's a big savings.

OmegaSparks

Aug 17, 2018
Visit site

Thats what been stopping me from ordering too. I wanted to do tbe unlocked tmoible one, but what happens if it breaks? Am i just SOL?

Aug 30, 2018
Visit site
I've been lurking for awhile, but figured I'd post now. This is not the first time I've had this issue with Samsung, so I should've known better than to place a pre-order with them. I'm now 2 for 2 on preorders going this way.

The first was the Galaxy Book, 12", 256GB and, 8GB RAM. I ended up waiting 2 weeks for that when people were picking up at Best Buy the day it was released.

I placed my order for the Note 9 on 8/19 after pondering for a few days on whether I wanted this or if I should wait for the S10+. Too much new tech scares me, so I went with the Note 9. It'll be my first Note phone ever. Is there a full day 1st time user course for this thing?

Anyways, when I placed my order the website and app kept saying "Shipping week of Aug 23". The evening of the 27th it changed to backorder. I just checked right before creating an account here, and the AKG headphones are on backorder, too. I also just tried placing an order with Samsung for aT-Mobile blue 512GB phone, and the website said it would ship 9/30. I sure hope it doesn't take that long to get my preorder. The protective screen cover has already been here a week, and the protective case arrives tomorrow.

In the meantime, my s7e is barely holding up with its cracked screen and pink lines down the screen, so a trade-in its out of the question. Yes, I'm hard on phones. It's the nature of my work. Don't ask. I can't tell.

Anyways, back to the Note 9. I'm not going to bother wasting my time contacting Samsung customer. Imo, getting raped by a gorilla would be a more pleasant experience. I will be writing to the Board of Directors, if there's one, and Mr. DJ Koh about my dissatisfaction in customer loyalty.

I did reach a low point the other night and went to cancel my order through app. When you go to cancel it brings up a list of reasons why I'm canceling. Iirc, I selected too long to ship. A message then came up and said if I kept my order I'd get a discount of 10%, maximum $100, which would be occur after the phone shipped. I am paying through Samsung financing. A message showing this $100 discount now shows on my order between the phone and headphones. I also received an email, so this is legitimate and proof is provided should you ever need to dispute it.

With all that said, canceling my order and returning the screen protector and case are not off the table, but I'd probably endure this again since I'd have to order the S10+. I'm not a fan of having the newest tech due to the bugs and flaws that typically occur when they first roll out, so I'll probably just stay in line right where I am.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Thats what been stopping me from ordering too. I wanted to do tbe unlocked tmoible one, but what happens if it breaks? Am i just SOL?

Amazon sells the same unlocked on samsung.com sells. It will work on any carrier. The unlocked one with Tmobile all the features will work on it just like if you had a tmobile variant phone.

OmegaSparks

Aug 17, 2018
Visit site
Amazon sells the same unlocked on samsung.com sells. It will work on any carrier. The unlocked one with Tmobile all the features will work on it just like if you had a tmobile variant phone.

but my thing is what if it breaks or if there is a software issue? I looked for insurance but if its not through a carrier, you don't seem to get as good of a deal.

EuroDriver

Aug 24, 2018
Visit site

Upon purchase, you will be given the option to purchase Samsung Premium Care for $11.99/mo I believe. It covers hardware failure and accidental damage but not loss/theft.

EuroDriver

Aug 24, 2018
Visit site
I did reach a low point the other night and went to cancel my order through app. When you go to cancel it brings up a list of reasons why I'm canceling. Iirc, I selected too long to ship. A message then came up and said if I kept my order I'd get a discount of 10%, maximum $100, which would be occur after the phone shipped. I am paying through Samsung financing. A message showing this $100 discount now shows on my order between the phone and headphones. I also received an email, so this is legitimate and proof is provided should you ever need to dispute it.

I just tried it. I got as far as selection the reason for cancellation but can't proceed from there because the "cancel order" button is grayed out.

tfou79

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
August 26 peeps. Any updates? I can still cancel mine. I am thinking it is not going to happen this week. (Unlocked 512GB Blue)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olalekan45