Note Pro 12.2 - Unfortunately S Note has stopped

Keith Lim1

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
My Note Pro 12.2 started giving the error "Unfortunately S Note has stopped" regularly when I write on S Note. Does anyone have the same issue?

I tried the following:
1. Clear cache of S Note under Settings -> Application Manager -> All -> S Note
2. Clear data of S Note under the same

I still get the error intermittently. This is really annoying because I use S Note extensively. I would hate to hard-reset since I've a lot of stuffs on it now. :(

GANote3

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
You may try clearing the main cache. Power off the note. Hold down the home button and press and hold down the power button. A menu should come up with the option to cleae cache. I do not have my note with me to provide exact instructions but this is the method employed on the note 3. Be careful in this menu because you can factory reset here as well.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

GANote3

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Olay I have my tab now. I tpld you slightly wrong. Hold down home key and then press volume down while holding these two press power button when it vibrates and you see in left corner booting recovery let go of all three buttons. Then volume down to move to wipe cache partition and power button to select. Then reboot will appear. Press power button. See if this doesnt fix your issue. 90 percent of issues can be corected with thos method.

Keith Lim1

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Thanks... I tried your instructions:
1. shutdown
2. press and hold Home key and Volume Down, and then press Power button until it vibrates and startup
3. On the screen, I get a big message:
"Warning! A custom OS can cause critical problems in phone and installed applications.
If you want to download a custom OS, press the volume up key
Otherwise, press the volume down key to cancel (restart)"
4. I pressed the volume down key and it rebootedd
5. Press the power button once (but not sure what it does since it was already rebooting)

Unfortunately, when I tried S Note, I still hit the error "Unfortunately S Note has stopped". :(

ccpopham

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
when you get the warning, go ahead and do the power up button. It has the option to install a custom rom on the screen as well, but you will not be doing that.

Sent from my SM-P905V using AC Forums mobile app

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if you guys realize but the instructions you're giving is for entry into download mode not stock recovery.

1. Power off the device.
2. Press and hold VOLUME UP and HOME, then press and hold POWER.
3. When the "Samsung Galaxy Note Pro SMP-900" logo pops up release POWER and keep holding HOME/VOLUME UP until recovery appears.

RecoveryCache.png

4. Once in Recovery, use VOLUME DOWN to highlight "wipe cache partition" and then press POWER.
5. Once cache wiping is complete the menu will reset to show reboot system now as highlighed (the top entry). Simply press POWER and the tablet will reboot.

ccpopham

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Okay maybe I held the volume up instead of volume down, so my mistake. Sorry.

Keith Lim1

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys. I followed Muzzy996's instructions and managed to reset the cache. The S Note still crashes, but seems to be happening less. I can probably live with that.

ccpopham

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Did you install any apps prior to the crashing issue starting within a day or two?

Keith Lim1

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
No, I didn't. Actually a few things coincided with the sudden increase in S Note crashes.
1. I updated the Note Pro 12.2 to the new firmware OTA
2. I noticed I wasn't syncing to Samsung account for S Note and I activated the sync. The account had some old notes that were copied over.

ccpopham

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
hmmm, I am on the verizon version and have note had an update yet. I would send in a tech request to samsung and let them know what happened, because this may be an issue in there software and they can correct it with a future update.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
hmmm, I am on the verizon version and have note had an update yet. I would send in a tech request to samsung and let them know what happened, because this may be an issue in there software and they can correct it with a future update.

Thinking this as well, my first thought was that it is related to #2 in that the current version is having trouble with one of your old notes.

jinkhet

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Were they of any help to you? They told me all of the same things suggested here (which I did) and the app still craps out constantly.

Has anyone on the forum found a way around this issue?

AndyJ7888

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue and it's getting worse everyday. Got so fed up with it and decided to puchase LectureNotes today just to keep on taking and writing notes at work.

Tried almost everything: clean SNote cache, clean main cache, hard reset 3 times but still no luck.

Looks like we are left hanging on this issue until Samsung figure out how to fix it.

Posted via AAJ's NotePro

GANote3

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I used s note on my note 3 but due to some app limitations, I prefer lecturenotes and papyrus. They handle about anything I need now oh and for large pdf files, ezpdf

AndyJ7888

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
When is Samsung going to fix this issue? I'm still having the same problem. Went to Samsung Service Centre to reflash the original stock ROM, ok for a day and Snote starts to force stop again. Crap!!!

Posted via Android Central App

AndyJ7888

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
SNote works fine now. For those who have Snote data on Samsung Account, let the app sync with it first, once the app refreshed, no more "SNote has stopped working"! issue. Have no idea how and why, but SNote is working flawlessly now for the last 24 hours.

Posted via Android Central App

Cphua

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I recently purchased a Pro Note12.2 4G and the SPen was working ok until a couple of weeks ago when the settings of sound 2 on / vibrate on attach/detach / launch aircommand on detach weren't happening. Also, the screen won't turn on and the S pen notification on detach had not shown up.

I followed the steps you listed to wipe cache and nothing's changed.

Grateful or any help you can offer.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Christine

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non