Att Data on my Skyrocket

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I recently switched from T-mobile to Att. I have the Skyrocket and when I was with T-mobile I had the Galaxy SII (same phone). I use my phone now the same way I did with Tmobile and my data seems to be adding up much faster. I'm over a gb in the middle of the month and on pace to go over 2gb easily. Does ATT do something different than other carriers as far as calculating data is?

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
That thread is a little different. But still I'm curious, as I am switching to AT&T today and plan to get the 2GB plan. I never use more than 750MB per month here on Verizon. So I will closely compare on AT&T.

The thread did start out as a different subject but transformed into a discussion as to how much more data people are using compared to their previous phones.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Be careful with the 2gb on LTE. It's so fast that you tend to use the internet more. Also, running speedtest is 20mb of data on average.

PewterL31

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Be careful with the 2gb on LTE. It's so fast that you tend to use the internet more. Also, running speedtest is 20mb of data on average.
Going from 3g or hspa+ you will be using more data on a lte phone. Just make sure you close apps running in the background and turn off push for things like mail to better manage usage.

Sent from my Samsung Skyrocket

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. 2gb is plenty until you start downloading music/videos etc. I was just watching how fast it adds up.