$100 Skyrocket Refund

mrfr3sh2def

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Hey All,

I did some research today and ended up saving myself $105 and figured I would let you all know how. So after doing some research I noticed that at&t was selling the Samsung galaxy skyrocket for different prices in different markets. I originally purchased my skyrocket a few days after its release from a local at&t corporate store. After doing some looking around on At&T's website I found that if you utilize the zip code (10006) which is in New York, NY the Skyrocket price is listed at $149.99. I wanted to trade out my bLack skyrocket and get the new white version. I printed out the at&t website and price and took it into the local corporate store. Not only did the store exchange my month old black skyrocket for a new white handset, but they also refunded me $105 and did not charge me a restocking fee.

Could this work for others...possibly? Who knows but it did work for me and I say if you are within your 30 day grace period why not try it out...you could get back $100. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Reactions: robor007

anon(552018)

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
WOw i cant belive you pulled it off. I want to stick with my black one, but now i'm not sure If I should raise hell over that $100.

PSUGradAtl

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Bummer! I was visiting New York City just this past weekend and even considered stopping in an AT&T store as I walked by it to check out the price on Skyrocket... kicking myself now...

mrfr3sh2def

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
That is true. I took the money i saved and went out and purchased the bose series 2 bluetooth which i highly recommend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

hillucla

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
I want to trade in for a white Skyrocket as well. And I'm going to try for the $100 off.

Does anyone have suggestions how to backup all my data/apps and make sure it all comes back onto new phone? I have a lot of apps and info on my phone. Some of it is in the cloud (google) but some not (B folders etc). I used MyBackupPro when I went from Galaxy S2 to SR, but it did not seem to backup the data saved inside of different apps. (FYI - I am used to the iPhone way of doing things)
Thanks!

bigboy393939

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
i called at&t and told them...they told me if my store couldnt match the price then turn my phone back into the store and they would overnight me a phone at that price....store put up a fight told them what i was going to do bout turning my phone in and some how now they were able to price match...got new one in white woot woot:D

flyhiguy85

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

First post on this site...I did the exact same thing the other day here in Arkansas. I had bought mine in Georgia and when I came back to Arkansas I heard about the white one and the price difference so I just went to the local at&t store and exchanged the black for the white and got my $105 back!!!

:D

Last edited:

AllstarE4

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
I bought mine in Best Buy because AT&T here told me they wouldn't price match. BB said they will match up to 60 days after purchase. After talking to the Target Mobile rep yesterday, they should introduce the SkyRocket within the next two weeks at a price of $99 or $149. Then I will go back to BB and get the difference based on Target's price.

Last edited:

GBPremo

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Must've been an offer that ended yesterday. I tried the same thing and the proce is now 249.00. I also talked to a Target rep yesterday and he said they dont let them know til a day or 2 in advance as to what they are gonna be gettin.

hillucla

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
I went to AT&T store yesterday and tried gettting $100 back. Once I saw it I did not want the white one - I didn't like it in person. So I was just asking for the $100 credited back and keeping the phone I had. After much discussion with his manager, the sales rep told me they would give me $65 credit to my bill. They claimed that if i was to trade the phone that I would have to pay a $35 restocking fee so that was taken off of the $100. I took the offer - figuring no hassle for me that way and no arguing. :) I'm pretty pleased.

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
So I used this to get my wife an SG for $149. I entered 10006 (im in georgia) into.the zipcode and printed the price and proceeded to my local corporate store. I told the associate that everytime I tried to add the $149 phone to my basket the price increased by $100. She called the 800 number and identified herself as an att associate, told them I had a printout with a price of $149 and they price matched it there on the phone. My wife's SG should be here tomorrow. :cool:

AirMech74

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I just switched over to AT&T and knew that I wanted the Skyrocket...I had a Galaxy Vibrant with Tmobile before that...anyways...I went to one of the AT&T stores here in Oklahoma City and they had both the Black and the White ones for $149 with new contract. I went with the white one. I am loving this phone.

robor007

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I dropped by the local AT&T store and told the woman what I read here. She told me she hasn't heard of any $100 price refund/rebate or Skyrockets going for $150. She said they cost $250. My reply was, 'yeah, if you pay full retail'. (I may have rolled my eyes) Anyway, she refused to even discuss any discount or refund.

We paid $200 for my wifes iPhone 3GS upgrade to the Skyrocket and $200 for my additional line. Out the door was $428ish with tax. Did I get ripped off?

I'm within the 30 day return period and could return both phones for the $70 restock fee.

robor007

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Update to the post above. I called AT&T and spoke to a nice gentleman who did some research and discovered the Skyrocket was indeed going for $149. He knocked $120 off my bill. Woot!

Thanks for this thread! :D

mrfr3sh2def

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
You are very welcome and I am glad to hear it worked out for you. I was about to say that you did not necessarily get ripped off, but you would have def. been overpaying :)

It seems like $100-$150 is the going rate for the Skyrockets unless you want to pay the $250 that is.

GBPremo

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Update to the post above. I called AT&T and spoke to a nice gentleman who did some research and discovered the Skyrocket was indeed going for $149. He knocked $120 off my bill. Woot!

Thanks for this thread! :D

So you called and told him that the phone was goin for that price in NY??? I still cannot get that price change on the website.

robor007

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I feel much better about the price now, especially when I could have added a line on Amazon on Black Friday for a penny. Thank you again! :D

robor007

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
So you called and told him that the phone was goin for that price in NY??? I still cannot get that price change on the website.

The AT&T CSR did see this thread and acknowledged it was a NY zip code. To be honest, I love the Skyrocket but I get very spotty iHeart Radio performance (frequent drops) and I use it a lot because my car stereo sucks.

I was considering returning my (or our) phones and going with Verizon's network. The new Galaxy Nexus dropped today and I'm guessing it's as good or better than our Skyrocket. Maybe that influenced the CSR? I know his $120 influenced me to live with spotty iHeart Radio performance. ;-)

Edit: I also found this site... http://nexus404.com/Blog/2011/11/06/samsung-galaxy-s-ii-skyrocket-htc-vivid-launch-brings-100-discount-for-each-device-att-counters-motorola-droid-razr-htc-rezound-samsung-galaxy-nexus-with-unexpected-4g-lte-handset-prices/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress