AOD not turning off in pocket...

garment69

Banned
May 10, 2013
Visit site
Some users may find that a useful workaround for now. But even the "always on" mode is supposed to turn off when the phone is in your pocket. That's how it works on the Note9, even after the tap-vs-always modes were introduced with Pie.

Even so, it shows that Samsung is still releasing products with basic functionality that just doesn't work. That means either they don't test properly, or else they know the products are defective but release them anyway.

It's so easily fixable with a software update. Let's see how long it takes to get an update pushed out.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I've had my GS10+ on AT&T for three weeks. I still have no issues with AOD. I have Prevent Accidental Touches enabled under Display. Under Lock Screen, Tap to Show for AOD. Before I put my phone in my pocket face in, I lock the screen. Maybe I am not duplicating the issue correctly to see what all the fuss is about?

WizeGuyDezignz

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
I've had my GS10+ on AT&T for three weeks. I still have no issues with AOD. I have Prevent Accidental Touches enabled under Display. Under Lock Screen, Tap to Show for AOD. Before I put my phone in my pocket face in, I lock the screen. Maybe I am not duplicating the issue correctly to see what all the fuss is about?

I think we might be talking about something different. Place your phone on a table or desk with AOD on. Place a solid object like some mail or pieces of paper over the top of the phone where the proximity sensor is. See if AOD completely shuts off.

DavideSevilla

Jun 1, 2019
Visit site
Until Samsung gives us a fix for the the bug I bring you an app that solves the excessive battery drain. It turns the screen on only when there are new notifications.

Attachments

• inCollage_20190601_155225251.jpg
    inCollage_20190601_155225251.jpg
    337.9 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I've found this week that if I put my phone in a cargo pocket, the screen gets activated. If I put my phone in a regular pocket, no issues.

bassarazzi

Jun 23, 2019
Visit site
Until Samsung fixes this with a simple software update, I suggest just turning tap to use on, but also to add a routine to your homescreen with a button to turn your AOD to always on (if you actually find it useful (like me)) :)

WizeGuyDezignz

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
I received an AOD update in the Galaxy Store this morning. Unfortunately the screen still doesn't turn off in my pocket. I have a bad feeling that Samsung doesn't see this as an issue and maybe did it on purpose for some reason.

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I received an AOD update in the Galaxy Store this morning. Unfortunately the screen still doesn't turn off in my pocket. I have a bad feeling that Samsung doesn't see this as an issue and maybe did it on purpose for some reason.

yeah i got an update too.its the same...i did try a day without AOD and battery life seems better...

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah got the update also this morning, it doesn't completely turn off but gets very dim.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana