How to change swipe up and swipe down on one UI?

janderson1271

Mar 4, 2016
Visit site
Hello, I'm using the Galaxy s10+. I've been a long time nova launcher user but I am really liking the default one ui this year.

The only thing is I'm not really liking the swipe up anywhere on the home screen to open the app drawer. Is there anyway to customize this? I am so use to using nova and my home screen swipe up launches messages.

Thanks!

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
The only way to disable it is to add a button to your home screen to access your app drawer. Other than that, there's no other customization.

Dimas de Leon

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
Hello, I'm using the Galaxy s10+. I've been a long time nova launcher user but I am really liking the default one ui this year.

The only thing is I'm not really liking the swipe up anywhere on the home screen to open the app drawer. Is there anyway to customize this? I am so use to using nova and my home screen swipe up launches messages.

Thanks!

Go to Settings > Display > Home screen > and toggle on Quick-open notification panel.

Now just swipe down from anywhere on the home screen to pull down the notification drawer

Just realized this doesn't answer your question, but I'm a long time Nova user and one of the reasons was because of the swipe down to access notifications and Samsung added this a few phones ago.

So with this setting, at least swiping down won't take you to the app drawer.

EricMartinSoCal

Mar 1, 2019
Visit site

Thanks!
Dear God! if I could reach the multitasking / recent apps on the S10+ I'd stick with One UI with no regrets. They need to make the Google Assistant function = Recent apps and let us remap the useless and universally hated Bixby button to the Google Assistant.