Whitestone Dome Screen Protector installed S10 plus: First Impressions

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Just installed the Whitestone Dome screen protector on my S10 plus. This was my first Whitestone installation so I was a bit intimidated. Read the instructions once, watch the installation videos a couple of times and kept it running in the background on and off as I was doing the installation. Everything went smooth and so far so good. Fingerprint reader hasn't lost any accuracy so far and it might even be more accurate but I haven't fully tested it. I can't believe how slim the pre-installed screen protector was. I will be doing a full review on the Whitestone Dome and posting it in the Community Review Section hopefully within the next few days.

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Just installed the Whitestone Dome screen protector on my S10 plus. This was my first Whitestone installation so I was a bit intimidated. Read the instructions once, watch the installation videos a couple of times and kept it running in the background on and off as I was doing the installation. Everything went smooth and so far so good. Fingerprint reader hasn't lost any accuracy so far and it might even be more accurate but I haven't fully tested it. I can't believe how to slim z the pre-installed screen protector was. I will be doing a full review on the Whitestone Dome and posting it in the Community Review Section hopefully within the next few days.

Awesome! I've used Dome since 8+ I like them .

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Awesome! I've used Dome since 8+ I like them .

It was a bit weird watching the adhesive pour itself on the screen. I believe it really pays to watch the instructional video a few times before actually doing it. Also the video has the extra step in the curing process that helps enhance the FPS performance.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It was a bit weird watching the adhesive pour itself on the screen. I believe it really pays to watch the instructional video a few times before actually doing it. Also the video has the extra step in the curing process that helps enhance the FPS performance.

Yeah definitely recommend watching videos on this few times to get familiar how its done .

lindajm22

Mar 15, 2018
Visit site
This has not been my experience with the Whitestone Dome that I installed two days ago. As soon as I had it installed I tried registering my prints again and I swear it wouldn't acknowledge even one press in a hundred. Somehow I managed to register both thumbs (it took forever) but I am having horrible inaccuracy. Mine was working great with the pre-installed. I'm almost ready to remove this and just not use anything.

Oh, and it won't EVER unlock now unless I wet my thumb first. Ever.

I've already emailed the company.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
This has not been my experience with the Whitestone Dome that I installed two days ago. As soon as I had it installed I tried registering my prints again and I swear it wouldn't acknowledge even one press in a hundred. Somehow I managed to register both thumbs (it took forever) but I am having horrible inaccuracy. Mine was working great with the pre-installed. I'm almost ready to remove this and just not use anything.

Keep us posted on what they say from your email.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Which instructions did you follow?

lindajm22

Mar 15, 2018
Visit site
Which instructions did you follow?
The company's own instructions and video. And yes, I did the finger press during the curing process. I did everything right and it came out looking really nice. It just won't acknowledge my prints most of the time. I have sensitivity turned on too. I had to go back to face recognition for now. Maybe I got a bad one?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
The company's own instructions and video. And yes, I did the finger press during the curing process. I did everything right and it came out looking really nice. It just won't acknowledge my prints most of the time. I have sensitivity turned on too. I had to go back to face recognition for now. Maybe I got a bad one?

The only thing I could suggest is try to reprogram you prints

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I have. Several times. I even did what they suggest and do my thumbs twice.

Well if nothing is working for you I guess remove it and reinstall. My primary thumb gets recognized almost every time with an occasional miss if I don't place it right.

lindajm22

Mar 15, 2018
Visit site
Well if nothing is working for you I guess remove it and reinstall. My primary thumb gets recognized almost every time with an occasional miss if I don't place it right.
You can't reinstall once it's been fully cured so I'll be putting in a warranty claim.

gdecapia

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Maybe take a screenshot of when it tells you ""No match" or "Keep your finger on the sensor a little longer?"

Good luck. I waited a month for mine to come so really really don't want to wait 2 months for a refund :(