07-09-2019 10:01 PM
79 123 ...
tools
    I broke an expensive screen on my last device and have since been living in fear of another break. I try to remind myself of all the years I went without a break but that feeling keeps creeping its way in, especially when I'm looking at $1k device. I've been seeing that Dome is the greatest and it's so good but the thought of gluing something to my screen just doesn't seem right.

If you have the Dome Glass how happy are you with it vs other screen protectors you've had?

If you're doing something other than stock, what is it and how is it working for you?

If you're stock or naked how is your device weathering?

I'm still stock and while many have complained about scratches to the protector, I really only notice very minimal scratches and then only when the screen is off.
    04-30-2019 11:15 PM
    I looked up dome glass and I am not dropping $60 for a screen protector. I have a rugged case with a screen protector.
    04-30-2019 11:18 PM
    I broke an expensive screen on my last device and have since been living in fear of another break. I try to remind myself of all the years I went without a break but that feeling keeps creeping its way in, especially when I'm looking at $1k device. I've been seeing that Dome is the greatest and it's so good but the thought of gluing something to my screen just doesn't seem right.

If you have the Dome Glass how happy are you with it vs other screen protectors you've had?

If you're doing something other than stock, what is it and how is it working for you?

I'm still stock and while many have complained about scratches to the protector, I really only notice very minimal scratches and then only when the screen is off.
    DOME on any phone with curved display for me
    felloffthetruck and radgatt like this.
    04-30-2019 11:19 PM
    RhinoShield Impact Flex front and back protectors for my S10+.
    05-01-2019 12:09 AM
    I've had my s10 since launch day and I'm still using the factory installed screen protector.
    05-01-2019 01:13 AM
    I've had my s10 since launch day and I'm still using the factory installed screen protector.
    Same here. I normally don't use any screen protector, but I kept the preinstalled Samsung on because I hardly notice it.
    kct1975 and ToddK like this.
    05-01-2019 04:38 AM
    Same here. I normally don't use any screen protector, but I kept the preinstalled Samsung on because I hardly notice it.
    Same here for now.
    05-01-2019 05:56 AM

Dome
    05-01-2019 07:08 AM
    Factory installed screen protector. 44 days in and still looks great.
    radgatt, kct1975 and ToddK like this.
    05-01-2019 08:45 AM
    Stock - factory installed... Also i got Samsung Care+ at $30, so would not use any once the stock one scratches out.
    ToddK likes this.
    05-01-2019 09:27 AM

Still using stock.dont have a reason to change it as i am bad at putting it on.nor whitestone would work well with every case.
    05-01-2019 01:20 PM
    My factory-installed screen protector scuffed in my pocket after a couple days, and I've always been a fan of tempered glass. I'm a little wary of dumping a bottle of glue on my phone, so I got one of the cheapo tempered glass protectors on Amazon - the kind with adhesive around the edges. The fingerprint scanner no longer works, but the glass works well with my case, and face unlock has been working okay for me so far. Not sure if this'll be my long-term solution, but we'll see.
    05-01-2019 01:54 PM
    Whitestone dome for me. It works with the fingerprint scanner. At first when registering your prints it will frustrate you with all of the no match readings that you get. After a while it's as if the phone gets used to your fingerprint and you start to have more success with it and with the dome on the phone. That is where I am at this moment. I can't rock with a cheap screen protector.
    05-01-2019 02:00 PM
    My experience with Dome has been horrible with the S10. I have used their products on my Iphone and pixel along with my sons and wife XR and never had an issue. It just has not worked for me on the 10. Finger print reader simply does not work enough of the time. The worst part is their customer service has been beyond bad. Bad enough that I will actively see out other producers of this type of screen protector. I actually did try a different one, forget the name, and had the same bad result with the finger print reader. While theirs did not have the frame to ensure perfect alignment, it still went on just fine and it was the exact same quality. 19.99 though.
    05-01-2019 02:55 PM
    Whitestone Dome all day for me.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    05-01-2019 02:57 PM
    Rockin stock now and have Spigen Neoflex film up on deck. Def don't want to deal with the absurdity (thickness/fragility/price) of glass protectors.
    WizeGuyDezignz and kct1975 like this.
    05-01-2019 03:03 PM
    Whitestone Dome was perfect on my Pixels, iPhones and S9+ but it doesn't work for me on my S10+. Installation was a breeze, fingerprint worked well (after update) but after a day or two, I was getting a halo effect on the top and bottom. Requested a replacement from Amazon and what do you know, same...exact...halo effect. I'm rocking the LK screen protector and haven't looked back since.
    05-01-2019 03:39 PM
    I just stuck with the factory protector.
    Hermes Hidayat and kct1975 like this.
    05-01-2019 07:11 PM
    My wife has the Dome on her S9+ and mine for my S10+ just arrived today. She has had her protector crack once on a drop and the protector broke but the screen was in perfect shape. I can't definitively say that the protector prevented the screen from breaking but it is just that extra layer of protection. The key is finding a case that properly fits with the Dome to prevent it from lifting.
    05-01-2019 10:03 PM
    My wife has the Dome on her S9+ and mine for my S10+ just arrived today. She has had her protector crack once on a drop and the protector broke but the screen was in perfect shape. I can't definitively say that the protector prevented the screen from breaking but it is just that extra layer of protection. The key is finding a case that properly fits with the Dome to prevent it from lifting.
    Saved my Note 9 from a cracked screen.
    05-01-2019 10:13 PM
    My dome cracked after a drop but I can't say for sure that the screen would have broken without it. I don't intend to find out either.
    05-01-2019 10:30 PM
    My dome cracked after a drop but I can't say for sure that the screen would have broken without it. I don't intend to find out either.
    Exactly.
    05-01-2019 10:44 PM
    My experience with Dome has been horrible with the S10. I have used their products on my Iphone and pixel along with my sons and wife XR and never had an issue. It just has not worked for me on the 10. Finger print reader simply does not work enough of the time. The worst part is their customer service has been beyond bad. Bad enough that I will actively see out other producers of this type of screen protector. I actually did try a different one, forget the name, and had the same bad result with the finger print reader. While theirs did not have the frame to ensure perfect alignment, it still went on just fine and it was the exact same quality. 19.99 though.
    Gobukee perhaps?
    05-01-2019 11:27 PM
    Lesson learnt, if you going to spend top banana money on a device use protection for the screen!

After factory installed screen protector got damaged in a fall, I removed it. I was relieved that the screen wasn't damaged.

So I decided to use the device without a screen protector, It was all good till last week when I dropped my device and fell face flat, screen did not break but there are minor scratches now. I got the Ringke Screen Protector, finger print works perfect but plastic feels very rubbery.

There are some scratched near the RGB sensor so I want something that will cover the full display, so that it hides the scratches. Ringke for now is doing the job but I think I will remove it in a few days.
    05-02-2019 05:35 AM
    Lesson learnt, if you going to spend top banana money on a device use protection for the screen!

After factory installed screen protector got damaged in a fall, I removed it. I was relieved that the screen wasn't damaged.

So I decided to use the device without a screen protector, It was all good till last week when I dropped my device and fell face flat, screen did not break but there are minor scratches now. I got the Ringke Screen Protector, finger print works perfect but plastic feels very rubbery.

There are some scratched near the RGB sensor so I want something that will cover the full display, so that it hides the scratches. Ringke for now is doing the job but I think I will remove it in a few days.
    Because the Whitestone uses a liquid adhesive it may hide some scratches.
    05-02-2019 06:24 AM
79 123 ...