S10 glass screen protector that actualy stays on fingerprint not needed

towngirl

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Maybe not too impressed with this screen protector. Almost $100 bucks (with shipping) to get one that didn't spread right and another one, to replace it, which cracked along the edge, and went into three fingers.
And the the amount of glue... whatever it's called... to make screen protector, stick, when all you need is another screen protector and not the glue, and the money it cost. Not worth. At all. 20201015_211539.jpeg

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Maybe not too impressed with this screen protector. Almost $100 bucks (with shipping) to get one that didn't spread right and another one, to replace it, which cracked along the edge, and went into three fingers.
And the the amount of glue... whatever it's called... to make screen protector, stick, when all you need is another screen protector and not the glue, and the money it cost. Not worth. At all. View attachment 327905
Ouch sorry you experienced that , I wouldn't pay 100.00 for any screen protector , why was so much ?

towngirl

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Why so much? The first time, it didn't spread properly. That was about $50 or $60, plus shipping plus taxes. To order, the first time. The re-order was $20 .... plus shipping and taxes. And they take forever to arrive, by mail. So I have had about 3 or 2.5 weeks with a screen, then broke on the edge.
I still have it but will have to remove it.

Didn't realize it got so many fingers until I went into a store and had to use hand sanitizer lol ... youch.

And they don't sell just the screen, to replace. You have to buy the whole thing.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Why so much? The first time, it didn't spread properly. That was about $50 or $60, plus shipping plus taxes. To order, the first time. The re-order was $20 .... plus shipping and taxes. And they take forever to arrive, by mail. So I have had about 3 or 2.5 weeks with a screen, then broke on the edge.
I still have it but will have to remove it.

Didn't realize it got so many fingers until I went into a store and had to use hand sanitizer lol ... youch.

And they don't sell just the screen, to replace. You have to buy the whole thing.
They sell just the glass , did you try contact customer service for replacement just shipping charge ?

towngirl

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
If you go on web site, to replace, they offer the whole thing and you have to pay for it, as you go through the process. They don't offer just a screen. If you e-mail, you get this:

"
You can request your replacement Dome glass through our Warranty Web Application
"
They sell just the glass , did you try contact customer service for replacement just shipping charge ?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
If you go on web site, to replace, they offer the whole thing and you have to pay for it, as you go through the process. They don't offer just a screen. If you e-mail, you get this:

"
You can request your replacement Dome glass through our Warranty Web Application
"
Haven't had to do a replacement under warranty since s9+ so maybe they changed it , but 9.99 shipping in 2 weeks got it no question asked just uploaded a picture of damaged protector.

towngirl

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Well, again, it's 20 buck, in Canada. And the only offer the whole thing.
Haven't had to do a replacement under warranty since s9+ so maybe they changed it , but 9.99 shipping in 2 weeks got it no question asked just uploaded a picture of damaged protector.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Thanks, I didn't know if the first thread was in the proper sub-forum.

Guess I'm gonna try the ones with the liquid adhesive, seems pretty stupid that it's the only option to get one with adhesive on the whole protector. the old drop on style worked just fine without the potential mess and extra work. I would normally buy 3 or 4 of the old ones at a time because I am hard on my phone and they would get cracked and need changed out periodically. With the extra cost and work/potential mess of the liquid adhesive ones I guess I made a mistake buying the Galaxy again. Maybe I will get it fixed and sell it to get an LG or whatever model isn't a curved fragile mess with unnecessary tech interfering with basic protection and repair.

I agree newer phones seem purposely designed to break easier and be more expensive to fix.... I guess the phone manufacturer's want to make sure you don't keep your phone too long :eek: :( What I do is use a super protective case like an Otterbox Defender with a built-in screen protector, so far they've worked great for me. I'm not sure how the built in screen protectors compare to the stick on glass ones, but overall it's about impossible to accidentally damage the phone or screen from my experience ;)

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site