Why Are You Not Upgrading To Or Buying The S20?

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
It may not be as aesthetically pleasing as other camera backs; however, if the Pixel 5 does look like this and continues to have one of the best smartphone cameras on the market, I'd consider it.

as long as it does not look like an electric shaver like the iphones :)

anon(8709382)

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
I have thought about it a lot. Like others though, going to wait for the Note to see what it brings to the table. Currently using a Note 10+ so no rush really.

ajbrad71

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm waiting til after release day myself. maybe t-mobile will have the BOGO. lady at the store said no one has reserved a s20 anything.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
No, the S20 line is larger overall.

S10+ vs S20+:

Height 6.2" vs 6.37"
Width 2.92" vs 2.9"
Thickness 0.31" vs 0.31"
Weight 6.17oz vs 6.56oz

The S20+ is taller and heavier than the S10+.

The S20 Plus is marginally larger than the S10 Plus, but the S20 is marginally smaller than the S10. Width x height x thickness gives us the overall size (cubic volume). Here's how that stacks up in mm.

S20 Ultra: 111,689.6
S20+: 93,506.4
S10+: 91,089.648
S10: 82,313.088
S20: 81,654.4
S10e: 78,524.2628

If you disregard height and only consider width and thickness (in-hand feel when not reaching for the top of the display), you get:

S20 Ultra: 668.8
S10 Plus: 577.98
S20 Plus: 577.2
S10e: 552.21
S10: 549.12
S20: 537.2

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I honestly don't know what I want to do. I'm waiting for reviews to start showing up and camera comparisons and all that. I was pretty set on trading in my pixel 3 for one and then the trade in promos came in at $200 for the P3. Unless I'm blown away by the camera and battery life reports I can't see the S20 being worth $800 more than my P3 right now which has actually been running pretty good lately and yeah, the battery life sucks but I'm rarely away from a charger for more than a few hours.

I want more camera versatility, but not at the expense of a significant amount of camera quality. Certainly not sold on it being worth $800 more, which is completely subjective but then again I've been wrong before.

I actually really like Oxygen OS and didn't think OnePlus cameras were that bad on my 6T, but I hate the size and weight of OP phones right now and the S20 is a little smaller and lighter so I just don't know yet.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I honestly don't know what I want to do. I'm waiting for reviews to start showing up and camera comparisons and all that. I was pretty set on trading in my pixel 3 for one and then the trade in promos came in at $200 for the P3. Unless I'm blown away by the camera and battery life reports I can't see the S20 being worth $800 more than my P3 right now which has actually been running pretty good lately and yeah, the battery life sucks but I'm rarely away from a charger for more than a few hours.

I want more camera versatility, but not at the expense of a significant amount of camera quality. Certainly not sold on it being worth $800 more, which is completely subjective but then again I've been wrong before.

I actually really like Oxygen OS and didn't think OnePlus cameras were that bad on my 6T, but I hate the size and weight of OP phones right now and the S20 is a little smaller and lighter so I just don't know yet.

FYI, I had a OnePlus 7 Pro and I agree with you on both the clumsy size/weight, and how nice OxygenOS is (aside from the bad animations). But just warning you that in my experience, speaker quality and speakerphone quality were poor. In case either of those things are important to you.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
FYI, I had a OnePlus 7 Pro and I agree with you on both the clumsy size/weight, and how nice OxygenOS is (aside from the bad animations). But just warning you that in my experience, speaker quality and speakerphone quality were poor. In case either of those things are important to you.
No they are and definitely things to consider because I did use my 6T a few weeks ago for a work trip and there were some calls where that was an issue. Good point, I did read that recently elsewhere too. Thanks

mc4nam

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
So it's the same as buying now or later

I would rather have the new phone asap

Not really.... Patience grasshopper. This was an offer I picked up on my current S8 from Samsung direct. Traded in the lowest in S7 for an S8. Samsung will bring back these great trade in offers and the phone will be less.

Attachments

• 5482.jpg
    5482.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 22

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
My experience is different , it's a alll screen phone , very fast and fluid only thing doesn't have wireless charging or AOD but still really good phone .

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Not really.... Patience grasshopper. This was an offer I picked up on my current S8 from Samsung direct. Traded in the lowest in S7 for an S8. Samsung will bring back these great trade in offers and the phone will be less.
Yeah you are right, there will be always good offers for Samsung phones but the launch offers are great as well. Bottom line even if there isn't any offer I'm still getting the phones but that's my personal preference and I get multiple flagships in a year and not the typical buyer. For me getting the phone is important than offers/price

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa