So what DON'T you like about the GS3?

kwgeorge

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
After almost a month my gripes:

-App icons stutter sometimes when you return to the home screen (Touchwiz issue)
-Wish the web browser was as fast as my iPad 3 (but it's not fair to compare it to a tablet)
-None of the Android e-mail apps are as elegant looking as iOS

I'm hoping the first too get better with the Jelly Bean update. I can live with the third one.

CrakkedCrab

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if it is a design flaw, a software issue, or if I just ended up with a buggy unit, buta lot of times after I had the phone sleeping, or restarting after battery discharges, it defaults to safe mode. Very annoying to have to keep removing the battery, but with that said, easily the best phone I have ever had. My other experiences with Samsung phones have been horrible (Epic<fail>4G and Galaxy Nexus) so this was going to be the last chance I afforded to Samsung. Have to say they knocked it out of the park with this one.

Mikewardo

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
I really wanted to love this phone but as a phone it sucks. I'm coming off a palm pre from launch date to this on launch date and it's not as good as my 3 year old pre in many ways. First the wifi signal is horrible, I get one bar everywhere in my home except the room with the router. All my other devices get 5 bars everywhere in my house and outside. Bluetooth outgoing call quality sucks to point of unusable in my 2010 Tacoma and Sammy blames Toyota and Toyota blames Sammy, result is still no fix and no talking in my car. They broke the Google searches which was the closest to "just type" on my pre and native. To make a call used to be a simple search or button press and now takes a ton of time and several steps. The browser sucks and never sizes text on a Web Page appropriately like on my pre. The overall function of the ui is clunky and not very intuitive. Speaker sucks compared to my pre. I waited off contract for over a year to get what I thought could replace the pre and I sorely disappointed. Sprint has made it all worse by "upgrading the towers" in my area and killed the signal anywhere I can my city. This happened 3 weeks prior to my getting this phone so it's not the s3. I love the hardware and am happy with the quality as it is leaps and bounds better than the the crappy build quality of the pre. I have a perfect world I'd have WebOS on the S3. I rooted my pre and tailored everything to my liking without ever worrying about bricking it. I'd love to root my S3 and flash bit with a better rom but there's so little support right now and this things brickable. So ill wait patiently and hope I get the fixes necessary or that open WebOS is good for the S3. Ps I miss my inductive charging and Sammy has the capability but has failed to come out with theirs yet. I feel ji have taken many steps backwards and quite a few forward. I want to love this phone, Sammy hurry up and help me. Hp die die die. Sprint get your stuff together and bring 4G and lte to my area. And long live WebOS.!!!

sk8trix

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Stock? there are a lot of dislikes...rooted with cm9 theres is just a few things such as bluetooth and face unlock otherwise I love my device more than any other phone I ever had so far does everything I need it to do

kwgeorge

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
Music or podcasts stop playing 60% of the time after receiving a text.
Don't like the email app, pages and images scale differently.
Cut and paste feels clunky.
Battery dies randomly on me every 5 to 7 days (might be an AT&T radio issue)
Some headphone mic/remotes dont work :(

Some of these are android related then gs3.

Try Aquamail. Best third party email IMHO.

Keith Patrick

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Bugs. Non-functioning calendar reminder, haptic feedback setting doesn't stick, LED doesn't work properly, "the folder is open" announcement with talk back off, MMS issue ("file type not supported"), awful stock browser... To name a few. Also, it is not nearly as fluid as I expected, for example, when opening a text thread it stutters. That said, I'm not trying to bash. There are many aspects of the phone I do really like. Third android phone. Love the OS. A little frustrated with it at the moment, though.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Hopefully Jelly Bean will make it run much smoother in terms of fluidity.

D16RR

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I live in Hawaii and the screen is totally impossible to read outside in the daylight. I also don't like the physical home button. This phone is slippery, I know get a case for it, which I have but the phone is much better looking without a case.

Screen protectors can make it invisible in sunlight. It's not too bad (not great either) with nothing on it.

msgnyc

May 23, 2010
Visit site
We all love ICS....Jelly belly is for the hobbits.....Hope one day you get yours....As to the trumped Storage devic3e user......Sad day.....visit the pro desk, we be wicked rocking and running way ahead of you inquirer....hit us up when you are legit.....

WHAT o_O?

Ps I miss my inductive charging and Sammy has the capability but has failed to come out with theirs yet. I feel ji have taken mayny steps backwards and quite a few forward. I want to love this phone, Sammy hurry up and help me. Hp die die die. Sprint get your stuff together and bring 4G and lte to my area. And long live WebOS.!!!

I kind of miss my Pre Plus aswell. :(
Just wanted to point out, the inductive backplate that Verizon sells for their GSIII works with all the GS3 models. Just have to get used to the verizon logo or cover it up. The inductive pad on the cover also easily peels off so if you want to remove it and put it onto another cover/case you can aswell. The cover is abit expensive tho at $40

D16RR

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I can't get the nav app to find addresses that I click on in the calendar, and the ringtone function will only play the first 10 secs of a song and then start over. Otherwise I'm adapting to it well, and finding new features every day. I still only have about 5 apps downloaded. What are the ones everyone has?

tripinj

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Well one thing I don't like is that when I go to my files in phone it has 2 different sd cards listed, but only one when connected usb... why can I not access phone memory when connected usb? Anyone know. Also can not use different colors for notification led..

marc858

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
For some reason i get spam notifications.... does anyone else get this or know how to switch it off? Also I'll get emergency broadcast texts even on airplane mode.

antares1207

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
The power and volume buttons are on the side right where I want to hold the phone, so always unintentionally messing with them.
The Applesque insistence by Samsung that they know better than me what alarm sounds I want.

21plays

May 16, 2012
Visit site
after reading so much negatives im wondering why you people ever kept the phone in the first place. either i just dont notice or i dont have any of those negatives/problems. only problems i can think of is power/volume button placement and its hard to see the screen in sunlight, then again i use auto brightness. love the alarm melodies, makes waking up pleasant.

21plays

May 16, 2012
Visit site
spam notifications is from an app, i use dr web to fish those apps out. either uninstall them or if you're rooted use [redacted] to disable.(LP will disable in app adds but havent tried it with notification ads)

Last edited by a moderator:

anon(161369)

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I literally picked the phone up today and must admit that it is a great little piece of hardware, my initial gripe was the ICS vePsion as opposed to jellybean , that and the fact that typing with the phone is horizontal mode is quite tricky however I have come to realise that I much Prefer ICS due to its flash support out of the box, and the typing I believe I will get used to, so far it's a great phone and an awesome first experience with Samsung :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

21plays

May 16, 2012
Visit site
you cannot change the led color. you should be able to see phone memory and external sd card memory when connected to your pc(wont see any of it on a mac). when deleting/adding/renaming/moving folders or files you will not be able to use your phone at that time. There is a workaround this but it requires root and a custom rom like the Omega rom.