Charging problem with S3 :(

digitalfreaknyc

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
The last two days, I've woken up to a dead battery on my S3.
I thought it might be a problem with the battery so I switched it out for another back-up that I had.
Nope.

Then I thought it was the cable. I've tried several different ones and they all lead to the same result.

The phone shows that it's charging but it's BARELY charging, if at all. It charged about 10% an hour and that's without my touching or using it at all.

Is the phone dead? Any ideas that I should try? I was trying to get it to last until the S5 comes out but, at this point, I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to make it. I've never had a problem like this before.

Metchad6628

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
My s3 did the same thing. Power off the phone and then pull the battery. Leave the battery out for around 15 minutes. Power it back up. My was fine after. Good luck!

Posted via Android Central App

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
You said you tried several different cables, but did you try more than one charger?

It could also be a defective charging port in the phone, or dirt stuck in the port. See if pushing the connector (gently) to the side, top or bottom and holding it there makes a difference. If you don't have an extra charger, try plugging it into a USB port on a computer (not a USB hub).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress