Samsung Galaxy S3 Trouble charging

Godiivaberii

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
My s3 is a year and a half old. I've had a charging issue for about 2 weeks now. One day it suddenly stopped charging, so I tried other chargers, such as a blackberry charger. None of them work anymore because I tried plugging them in my s3 but it won't charge. Only if I put them in a certain position it starts to charge but then shortly after it stops charging in that same position, then finding another position for it to charge in. However, when it charges, it is extremely slow and it says its charging sometimes when it's really draining it more than it was charging. I thought it was pocket lint in the micro USB port, I cleaned out the "fluff" in it. I tried again, but I still had a hard time charging it because the problem still remained. Then I thought it was a battery problem, so I received a new s3 battery and put it in. It charged for a while but it kept draining as it is charging. There is no poket lint in it anymore. I still had to twist and turn the chargers in a position. It hasn't come any where close to water. It hasn't dropped as much, as I dropped it long ago before the incident. As I still try to charge it, it keeps vibrating randomly, saying it is charging and uncharging. It is now stuck at 32% charging, when it was 48% a while ago. The common position that I force it in is sideways, because it only charges at an angle, or if I push it up. I try to directly charge it straight like it used to, but now it doesn't charge like that. I try plugging it in a laptop or pc, but its still the same charging method. Please help me ASAP, there are important info about me and my emails to check, with my photos, video, voice recordings, etc....

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Based on what you've told us, I'm guessing it's a problem with the phone's microUSB port. You might need to get it replaced.