Signal problems running on AT&T?

jrodsep6133

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Anyone here had any decrease in signal/reception strength when switching to the S4 GPe and running on AT&T?

I used to have 4/5 LTE bars in my home constantly on my iPhone 5 but now I only get 3 bars top (usually only get 1 or 2 bars indoors). I have switched to the correct LTE plan and got the appropriate SIM card, plus I have factory reset my phone but nothing has worked. Any help would be appreciated. I just hope that I don't have to return the phone. Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk 4 Beta

dwboston

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Are you getting poor reception, dropped calls, or slow data? Or is it just the display of the bars that has you worried? If the phone is working properly then don't worry about the bars. I get 1 bar with the LTE indicator inside my home, but the phone works fine.

kyoo

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I can't comment on att to att, but at work with VZW I almost didn't get any signal/data at all, but with att and the S4 GE I've had no problems, which is surprising

kyoo

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I can't comment on att to att, but at work with VZW I almost didn't get any signal/data at all, but with att and the S4 GE I've had no problems, which is surprising

BTW, you mentioned 4/5 bars for LTE on the iphone and the GE only presents 4 bars total so 3/4 is okay, but you seem to be losing signal from time to time?

jrodsep6133

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
BTW, you mentioned 4/5 bars for LTE on the iphone and the GE only presents 4 bars total so 3/4 is okay, but you seem to be losing signal from time to time?

2 or 3 bars outside, 1 bar inside of the house where I used to get 4 to 5 bars LTE on the iPhone 5 and my wife's S4.

jrodsep6133

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Are you getting poor reception, dropped calls, or slow data? Or is it just the display of the bars that has you worried? If the phone is working properly then don't worry about the bars. I get 1 bar with the LTE indicator inside my home, but the phone works fine.

Actually no dropped calls or slow data (14 - 16mb on LTE).

maskedcarrot

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Im running the GE 4.2.2 ROM on my AT&T GS4. and I've noticed signal is a little worse at my house and general area than I did with the stock MDL AT&T firmware.

Many times I'm sitting at home and I get the sound that I have a new voicemail, but my phone didn't ring, or outgoing SMS will time out and give me a not sent error. This has been happening a lot lately. I didn't have that issue running the MDL stock ROM.

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm on AT&T and I'm having the same issues. My signal bars sometimes go from full to none at times. The majority of the times its not full strength and I'm in a good AT&T reception area. It's very inconsistent. I'm coming from a Nexus 4 and I was not experiencing this before.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I am also on ATT. I have noticed that there may be a bar less on signal compared to my TW S4 but I have not noticed worse speed or not having a signal. This phone is performing as I expect it to in a very strong LTE area and state. Also phone calls are strong and clear.

The only thing that is odd is that my WiFi seems to be on when I do not turn it on. Anyone else notice their WiFi turning on by itself? Or is it me?

Sent from my GT-I9505G

jrodsep6133

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I am also on ATT. I have noticed that there may be a bar less on signal compared to my TW S4 but I have not noticed worse speed or not having a signal. This phone is performing as I expect it to in a very strong LTE area and state. Also phone calls are strong and clear.

The only thing that is odd is that my WiFi seems to be on when I do not turn it on. Anyone else notice their WiFi turning on by itself? Or is it me?

Sent from my GT-I9505G

It's happened to me too. I thought a couple of times that I had wify on but after checking it was off. Has anyone else having their screen not turning on quickly after a call because the proximity sensor takes a couple of seconds to respond?

kyoo

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Odd

I don't really pay close attention to the bars, but i've never noticed any issue as far as download speed or call and call quality. the only time my wifi will go on is if i just walked by a starbucks or mcdonalds or something - i'll pick up their wifi (att wifi) while im sitting in the drive through lol.

FWIW, S. Korea has wifi even on the highway, and in all the subways etc provided by the major carriers. Perhaps USA will move in direction soon, at least in the metro areas.