Why so much hate?

The Real X Dawg

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, do people really run out of storage that quickly? 16GB I could kinda understand but personally speaking I've never ran out of storage.
Back in my OG Evo days I had an 8GB card and never ran out. I have a 32gb iPhone 5 (had 32gb 4s prior) and I've never ran out.

But maybe it's just me, lol. But 32gb is more than enough for me. I could care less about a removable battery seeing as how I never removed them anyway.

I never had any issues with space and I think the Infuse only has 8gb of storage. I switch my music up a lot so it never piles up on my memory. Far as the battery I bought an extended battery and that was the last time I ever swapped batteries. Then again I'm not much of a power user.

Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!

Serial Fordicator

May 15, 2011
Visit site
OK I have to giggle when we're using disasters to argue phone features. Sounds like you have bigger problems than what phone you buy...

Might I suggest a generator? Lol

Lol might I suggest you move out of your moms basement? I live in an apartment while my house gets built. Kinda hard to hook up a generator to an apartment complex.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

bp3dots

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
That's my biggest gripe with the phone. I change my s3's battery at least twice a day.

I never said I supported, or even needed, 8-core processors. The 'power user' I refer to is aka 'a road warrior' -- maybe a traveling sales person or other mobile professional. Someone who actually uses the hell out of the phone's features to get things done and is not always conveniently located next to a power source. These kinds of people kill batteries & can't schedule their day around access to power outlets. They are dead in the water if they can't swap out the phone's battery (at least Samsung understands this). These folks are likely also in need of hot-swappable storage (Samsungs understands this, too.) ...

Personally, I shoot a lot of photos, record meetings & conferences, and shoot video for work. I would not be able to do all these things if I was restricted to internal memory - especially not a mere 16GB.

If storage and battery life are not important to most of you guys, just remember that you do not represent every one of us. I see a lot of people complacently accepting limited capabilities in newer phones with little thought about how much they are actually losing out on.

Both quotes above represent the small subset of "power users." Your useage patterns are substantially heavier than the average person, who phones are designed around. What you call "complacently accepting limited capabilities" is actually getting a phone that fits their needs to most people.

Agree 100%. My power went out 7 days due to ice in December. I just happen to have an extra battery and charger for hunting. I've been saying it for a while. If you want to compete/surpass iPhone, why take the negative attributes (non removeable battery and storage) away from it?

Those may be negative attributes to you, but they aren't to everyone. (or even the majority of people) Also, portable chargers solve your power problem without needing a swappable battery. You can even get them solar powered or hand crank, for emergencies.

Trust me it makes a big difference if you take pictures, music, and apps...why should you all your apps and media be in one storage, when you can have a MicroSD Card which can be backed up, transfered easily from one device to another, and dont have to sacrifice space for apps 32GB I can understand is enough space, but 16GB is too small...I have like 12GB of music on my phone, but its on my SD Card

Because it is easy to have everything in one place, and not everyone stores that much stuff on their device. And why would you need swappable storage? Millions of people seem not to with no problems.

LOL but its true though...schangeable battery is amazing...imagine driving somewhere with no charger and ur phone dies....its dead until u find a plug, but with an exchangeable battery, you can just swap....boom bam

Again, portable charger. More power than an extra battery, always available when needed.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
The Nexus 4 is cheap. It was designed to be a cheap, no frills phone. If the Nexus 4 didn't have pure vanilla Android with direct updates from Google, no power user would give the Nexus 4 a second look.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

That's insane. On release day, the N4 was the best phone on the market. Exact same processor, ram, etc. as the S3, better build quality, stock android (better software), more realistic update life-cycle and half the cost. It didn't last long of course, because the Droid DNA and Note 2 are arguably better, but it's ludicrous to call it, "cheap". It was inexpensive because of the subsidy, not because of shortcuts on quality.

Nexus 4 vs. Galaxy S3

Serial Fordicator

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Those may be negative attributes to you, but they aren't to everyone. (or even the majority of people) Also, portable chargers solve your power problem without needing a swappable battery. You can even get them solar powered or hand crank, for emergencies.
I agree 100%. Arguing over the best phone is like arguing politics. You can't convince people of what they like.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
The hate for Samsung is so strong people would trade their precious SD cards and removable batteries for the One. Funny I was led to believe that those things plus locked bootloaders were supposed to be the reason HTC was failing. Seriously anything Samsung would've done would be called gimmicky or ripping off of the Note series.

I don't agree with what you are saying and I respect your opinion, and I tell why. I came from BlackBerry to the HTC Sensation and I was happy because of SD card and removable battery, they I went into the HTC One S, I liked the design and the touch and I said let me give it a try......but soon find out that it was the worse move I ever made why? No removable battery, no SD card and when it came to transfer pictures and videos it was a pain so for me what is inside is more important than looks, so I went to the Galaxy S3 and I am going to the S4. For me the Galaxy has better reception than the HTC because I had them both.

The Real X Dawg

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't agree with what you are saying and I respect your opinion, and I tell why. I came from BlackBerry to the HTC Sensation and I was happy because of SD card and removable battery, they I went into the HTC One S, I liked the design and the touch and I said let me give it a try......but soon find out that it was the worse move I ever made why? No removable battery, no SD card and when it came to transfer pictures and videos it was a pain so for me what is inside is more important than looks, so I went to the Galaxy S3 and I am going to the S4. For me the Galaxy has better reception than the HTC because I had them both.

I don't get what you are disagreeing with. If there isn't a Note 3 by the time my Infuse's contract runs out I'm getting the S4 for the same reasons you posted.

That post is about hypocritical people who were ripping HTC because they don't include removable batteries, SD cards or, other features like Samsung.

thornesone

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Had a HTC Vivid... Loved it (removable battery and sd card, then upgraded to the S3...and love it (removable battery and sd card). If you have ever worked in the field, or been in meetings all day, and your device is constantly getting emails, phone calls, or in use at break and lunch, the battery swap is a relief. When I leave the office, I have 2 charged batteries and don't look for a electrical outlet or a Safepower battery pack (which I have tried and works, but two batteries are easier to carry). Also, on the plastic back on the S3, I have a case and you don't EVEN see or feel the back cover. YMMV!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

nolittdroid

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
Wow. The replies and anger I'm seeing in this thread just made my day.

I think it looks badass and I wish I hadn't just bought my S3 in December.

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Honest criticism = hate. Disagreement = rage.

Lol. When a device is this big, you're gonna get scrutiny. To dismiss it all as simple hate is ridiculous, and really goes against the spirit of honest discussion that we're meant to have in these forums.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
All I can say, is I'm going to start stamping HTC's logo on a brick and selling it to those who ignore everything except build quality. Thankfully there's a lot of gullible people out there that can help the rest of us make some quick money.

I'm not saying the HTC One isn't good, I'm saying HTC fans would buy a box of dog crap if the box was built with aluminum.

omniusovermind

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Honest criticism = hate. Disagreement = rage.

Lol. When a device is this big, you're gonna get scrutiny. To dismiss it all as simple hate is ridiculous, and really goes against the spirit of honest discussion that we're meant to have in these forums.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

This post is full of win

omniusovermind

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
All I can say, is I'm going to start stamping HTC's logo on a brick and selling it to those who ignore everything except build quality.

I'm not saying the HTC One isn't good, I'm saying HTC fans would buy a box of dog crap if the box was built with aluminum.

I'm a fan of tech beholden to no company. But I find your statement to be equally applicable to Samsung as well. What saddens me is that the android platform appears to be reducing itself to the same state as any other product in society, where marketing power and not merit is king. None of these contenders this year are a decisive cut above the rest, but sadly companies who are producing equally good products are at risk of suffering big losses because although they have created something of equal merit, they proved less skillful at marketing it. The only losers when choices are reduced and a monopoly is possible are us. Isn't that what android is supposed to be all about for many of us? An increase in choice besides just iPhones?

I don't want to buy in a market that's just Apple or Samsung, but we're our own worst enemies because that's exactly what we enable to happen with our wallets. Personally I'm so sick of seeing these monopolies crush good products just because they advertise more successfully I'm starting to root for companies like blackberry, ubuntu, and even windows phones. I'm fighting a losing battle though because there's a lot more walmart shoppers and McDonalds eaters than little old me

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm a fan of tech beholden to no company. But I find your statement to be equally applicable to Samsung as well. What saddens me is that the android platform appears to be reducing itself to the same state as any other product in society, where marketing power and not merit is king. None of these contenders this year are a decisive cut above the rest, but sadly companies who are producing equally good products are at risk of suffering big losses because although they have created something of equal merit, they proved less skillful at marketing it. The only losers when choices are reduced and a monopoly is possible are us. Isn't that what android is supposed to be all about for many of us? An increase in choice besides just iPhones?

I don't want to buy in a market that's just Apple or Samsung, but we're our own worst enemies because that's exactly what we enable to happen with our wallets. Personally I'm so sick of seeing these monopolies crush good products just because they advertise more successfully I'm starting to root for companies like blackberry, ubuntu, and even windows phones. I'm fighting a losing battle though because there's a lot more walmart shoppers and McDonalds eaters than little old me

I do agree with your point. But how do you apply what I said to Samsung? I was talking about the obsession with build quality. Not arguing, just curious what you meant.

tdobynes

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Wow. The replies and anger I'm seeing in this thread just made my day.

I think it looks badass and I wish I hadn't just bought my S3 in December.

That's the point, u sound just like the owner of an iPhone, "oh the iPhone 5 looks great, I wish I didn't just buy a 4S" the "hate" as u all call it is anger toward Samsung because even though they are the largest manufacturer of Android devices, they just aspire to be just like Apple.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa