Light Flow on the Galaxy S4 - working properly for you?

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys - just looking to get any input on Light Flow's stability on the S4. There were significant issues with the S3 so I'm hesitant to install but I'm going to go ahead and be a guinea pig and let you know what a find.

Please post your findings as well.

Thanks

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm reading on XDA that there are some talkback issues, as there were on the S3...the dev is already working on a fix...already ordered an S4 JUST to fix it for us. Great guy.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys - just looking to get any input on Light Flow's stability on the S4. There were significant issues with the S3 so I'm hesitant to install but I'm going to go ahead and be a guinea pig and let you know what a find.

Please post your findings as well.

Thanks

you don't even need the app....the LED notification colors finally work

andrewpmoore

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
There are talkback issues in the stock browser and also if you long press an item in the gallery. Using chrome works fine - as it's not written by samsung :) as do custom galleries.
They really need to realise that the one shipped accessibility service isn't the only existing one. I thought after getting a fix ready for a similar issue on the s3 they wouldn't have messed up on the s4.

@eyecon82 I'm a little unsure what you mean also. Colors that issue specific notification colors will show their colors, everything else will be blue plus there won't by any color cycling or configuration of colors.

I'm working on a version which restricts the notification list to ones that don't need accessibility and then I'll go onto writing a root only method by bypassing the accessibility service and monitoring events in a different way that stock android doesn't have permissions to do so.

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Make you there's nothing selecting in your phone settings->accessibility
I'd also try a phone reboot.

Hi Andrew - I've tried different settings but currently my LED is not functioning at all through Light Flow. Notification sounds seem to be working fine though. I'm not sure if it's my settings or perhaps it's due to my import of settings from my S3. I'm hoping your fix works so I don't have to start from scratch. Changing the sounds alone after restoring a backup takes a good 20 minutes of monotonous screen tapping!

Thanks again and I look forward to your fix.

andrewpmoore

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi Andrew - I've tried different settings but currently my LED is not functioning at all through Light Flow. Notification sounds seem to be working fine though. I'm not sure if it's my settings or perhaps it's due to my import of settings from my S3. I'm hoping your fix works so I don't have to start from scratch. Changing the sounds alone after restoring a backup takes a good 20 minutes of monotonous screen tapping!

Thanks again and I look forward to your fix.

Did you take the whole lightflow directory or just the backup file? Don't take the whole directory as some things get caches and won't be reprocessed on the new phone.

andrewpmoore

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
You have to be rooted for lots of apps to work correctly with light manager. I've got a version of lightflow coming later this week which will restrict the notification list any bypass the accessibility service.

- - - Updated - - -

@Michelangelo Do you have any other apps using the accessibility service?

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I only restored the backup file. I did not edit out the per-contact settings as per your suggestion at XDA...

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

Uh, no. It will only work without rooting for texts, missed calls, Gmail, Google Talk, and calendar reminders. That's it. As you can see below, if you want notifications for (non-Gmail) email -- EMAIL!! -- or Facebook, Twitter, or any other application that gives notifications (e.g., VVM, weather, etc.), you have to root.

The annoying talkback bug is a problem for me with Light Flow, though. I'm hopeful the version Andrew mentioned is coming out later in the week fixes this. Then I will get the paid version.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-05-08-08-13-50.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-05-08-08-13-50.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 65

FlyBri

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
The TalkBack issue on the Galaxy S4 is not just limited to LightFlow, but any app that needs to use Accessibility Services, including some DashClock extensions. Pretty annoying ,especially because I had no idea why the stock browser was reading things aloud even though the TalkBack setting was off, and spent a bit of time trying to figure out what was going on. Never owned a Galaxy S3 previousl, but the fact that users are saying the same issue was on the S3 previously and Samsung fixed it, you would have thought the issue couldn't possibly rear its ugly head again in the Galaxy S4, but yet it has. I hope Samsung comes out with a fix for this soon.

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
NoLed is a good app to have. I've used it on previous phones and plan on using it for my S4 when it comes in from Verizon

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty