S4 Sales Lower Than Expected

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Yes they do, but the signal problems are killer, especially on T-mobile.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
What signal problems? T-Mobile in my area is as good as Verizon. Its like that for most of T-Mobile's customers.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
What signal problems? T-Mobile in my area is as good as Verizon. Its like that for most of T-Mobile's customers.

Not really.

If it were like that for most of their customers T-mobile would be the biggest carrier.

I currently have T-mobile with a galaxy s III and it sucks. I've swapped phones a couple times and signal still sucks indoors.

A friend of mine with T-Mobile won't let me talk bad about them, but whenever we talk, she keeps getting a dropped call and I simply reply "That's that T-mobile advantage!" or "was that your terrible-mobile or mine?" she'll say an expletive towards me and we keep talking.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Not really.

If it were like that for most of their customers T-mobile would be the biggest carrier.

Those two things have absolutely nothing to do with each other. T-Mobile could have the best network and still be behind in subscribers.
I currently have T-mobile with a galaxy s III and it sucks. I've swapped phones a couple times and signal still sucks indoors.

A friend of mine with T-Mobile won't let me talk bad about them, but whenever we talk, she keeps getting a dropped call and I simply reply "That's that T-mobile advantage!" or "was that your terrible-mobile or mine?" she'll say an expletive towards me and we keep talking.

Quick, point me to where I said ALL subscribers on T-Mobile don't have issues. The words I used have a meaning. When I say most subscribers, I mean most, not all.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Not really.

Your experiences are not representative of everyone else's...

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Those two things have absolutely nothing to do with each other. T-Mobile could have the best network and still be behind in subscribers.

Quick, point me to where I said ALL subscribers on T-Mobile don't have issues. The words I used have a meaning. When I say most subscribers, I mean most, not all.

Verizon is overpriced,but still maintains the highest subscribers,if T-mobile had anywhere near the coverage or dependability of Verizon they would have a lot more subscribers,yes where you live T-Mobile may have great coverage,but the majority has spoken,Verizon is number 1 for a reason,it's called coverage.and dependability.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Verizon is overpriced,but still maintains the highest subscribers,if T-mobile had anywhere near the coverage or dependability of Verizon they would have a lot more subscribers,yes where you live T-Mobile may have great coverage,but the majority has spoken,Verizon is number 1 for a reason,it's called coverage.and dependability.

And marketing.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site

And it isn't really that overpriced.

It costs less than at&t, 10 bucks more per month than I'm paying T-mobile (89.99 vs 100=10.01) and after sprint tacks on their bs fees, around 15 bucks more.

For someone like me that uses more data than the average user, it could get expensive, but for someone that uses an average amount, it isn't much more at all.

Especially on family plans

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
And marketing.

I guess you could say this with a 1 time product purchase but service you have to pay every month for you need to have a dependable network to back it up.It is funny that Verizon continues to **** their customers off with their phone selection lack of timely updates and penny pinching,but they still can maintain that number 1 slot.

Sent From My HTC Droid DNA Using Taptalk

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

It costs less than at&t, 10 bucks more per month than I'm paying T-mobile (89.99 vs 100=10.01) and after sprint tacks on their bs fees, around 15 bucks more.

What Verizon plan are you referring to?

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Similar to the iPhone 4s to 5. Only difference was one video feature and screensize. All other features were the same. I jumped into the S4 as my first Android device because I figured that a quad core processor and 2 gigabytes of ram would last me 2 years.

Problem is when it comes to new gadgets or new phones in general, I start twitching while mumbling I need it, till I go out and buy it.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

For someone like me that uses more data than the average user, it could get expensive, but for someone that uses an average amount, it isn't much more at all.

Especially on family plans

Verizon is INSANELY overpriced. Right now on T-Mobile I have unlimited data, messaging, and minutes. I use 6-10 gigs a month. On Verizon that would cost me $120. On T-Mobile, it costs me $80 a month. That is a HUGE difference.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Verizon is INSANELY overpriced. Right now on T-Mobile I have unlimited data, messaging, and minutes. I use 6-10 gigs a month. On Verizon that would cost me $120. On T-Mobile, it costs me $80 a month. That is a HUGE difference.

It should actually be $70 on T-Mo.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

Depending on the service that is not INSANELY...overpriced. Then some pre payer will come on here and say T Mobile is too much...You get what you pay for generally speaking. The worst network is the one that craps out on you when you need it most. I have been with ATT since 1997 and they have not let me down, nationwide. I do not mind paying for a premium network. My wife has T mobile after getting pissed at ATT for something. She was pissed when I would not leave ATT...I told her not to come between a man and his network...! She absolutely hates it when she has to borrow my phone when we are traveling.

I know people slam on ATT but I asked them for a early upgrade and they said yes, I asked them for the unlock code for my S4 and they gave it to me...what more can a man want?

Last edited:

irishonion

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Imo, networks are fairly relative where you live at, luckily for me in my areas, T-mobile edges out the other carriers, but i'm not saying T-mobile is the best, i know in some areas T-mobile fails hard. I work at peoples houses, so I'm always in a different part of the state every day, and I couldn't live without T-mobile. I've tried Verizon sprint, yet to have an At/t phone however.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87