Calling from the Lock Screen via Bluetooth

CrossClown

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I've searched around for this and I couldn't really find anything, I may just be blind. Anyway, I've been trying to get my Samsung HM1700 to make a call via Google Voice Search or Dialer (w.e. comes up) when I press the send button on the headset while the phone is locked. From what I've gathered, this only works if the lock screen is set to swipe BUT that leaves the phone without a password which is a pain. I've read that some bluetooth headsets actually manage to bypass the pin to make the call without using applications like Tasker. Does anyone have any experience with this? Or has managed to obtain a bluetooth device that can make a call while there is a pin on the lock screen?

P.S. I disabled S-Voice because it's a pain and I've found that Google Voice was better.

dougc405

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
PIN and pattern Lock screen can't be bypassed. From what I understand, this is an Android 4.2 "feature". I use the "Delayed Lock" app to get around the problem. It disables the PIN lock screen when connected to specific Bluetooth devices. It does require that you unlock the screen once after you connect to Bluetooth, since the app can't bypass the lock screen, either..

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

AndroidArmageddon

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I managed to get it working with a pin password. You need to go to settings and enable Bluetooth bypass. Open the dialer. In menu select call settings. Go to call accessories. Go to outgoing call conditions And select enable when device is locked.

Download Dragon or a personal assistant of choice.

DISABLE SVOICE - settings - more - application manager. Swipe to All and find S Voice go into it and select disable. Dont worry about the warnings. SVoice is trash and is the reason why the **** doesn't work when your screen is locked with a password pin or pattern.

Before you lock your phone , pair your accessory with Bluetooth and make sure you press your action key to activate the launcher. You can now choose either Dragon or Google to take action when you press the Bluetooth key.

If you update google search / install a different assistant app in the future you will need to set the default again.

Lock your phone and test. It works for me with a PIN code and Dragon I also tried google search successfully but it doesnt provide any feedback the way it did on my nexus so for now I'm happy with dragon.

It works! Not perfectly. Sometimes it can be hit or miss bit overall it does the job without any third party adons required other than a good substitute for SVoice.

I noticed if I'm ending a call I have to press the action key on my Bluetooth to terminate the connection. Wait a few seconds the. I can place another voice command successfully. Its not perfect but keeps me for the time being from having to buy an iphone.