phone got wet and wont charge

Brooklyn Lykins

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
So I was in Florida and had a water proof pouch thing on it that has worked before but somehow it got water in it but salt water which probably makes it worse. So I took it to the hotel cause I don't live in florida just visiting and I took the back off (I have a galaxy s4) and dried it off with a towel and so being the stupid person I am turned it on and plugged it in but it didn't charge and so I took it off the charger and turned it off or took the battery out I don't remember which one and then freaked out I used a hair dryer on cold mode from a distance (remember im stupid) and also put it in the little air vent on cold which was also probably stupid and so then I left it in there over night and in the morning I found a silicone gel thing and put it in a Ziploc bag with my phone in it and left it in there for the rest of the trip checking on it occasionally like trying to charge it and turning it on (it worked fine it just wont charge) but now the phone is dead not from the water just from the battery dying its in rice right now and its been in rice all night but is it to late to fix it? or do I just need to go to a store to get it repaired?

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
So I was in Florida and had a water proof pouch thing on it that has worked before but somehow it got water in it but salt water which probably makes it worse. So I took it to the hotel cause I don't live in florida just visiting and I took the back off (I have a galaxy s4) and dried it off with a towel and so being the stupid person I am turned it on and plugged it in but it didn't charge and so I took it off the charger and turned it off or took the battery out I don't remember which one and then freaked out I used a hair dryer on cold mode from a distance (remember im stupid) and also put it in the little air vent on cold which was also probably stupid and so then I left it in there over night and in the morning I found a silicone gel thing and put it in a Ziploc bag with my phone in it and left it in there for the rest of the trip checking on it occasionally like trying to charge it and turning it on (it worked fine it just wont charge) but now the phone is dead not from the water just from the battery dying its in rice right now and its been in rice all night but is it to late to fix it? or do I just need to go to a store to get it repaired?

No just buy a new battery online. If the phone works okay it might just be your battery that is damaged - thats the good thing about Samsung, there batteries are replaceable.

Also the Samsung Galaxy S4 offers wireless charging, so it might work out cheaper to buy a new battery and a wireless charger mat :)

Brooklyn Lykins

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
No just buy a new battery online. If the phone works okay it might just be your battery that is damaged - thats the good thing about Samsung, there batteries are replaceable.

Also the Samsung Galaxy S4 offers wireless charging, so it might work out cheaper to buy a new battery and a wireless charger mat :)

ok thanks my mom actually told me we are going to get it checked out and see what they say but I will keep that in mind! thanks so much! : )

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez