slow typing after update

vladamisa

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
I am Not sure if it was the 4. 4. 4 update that made my phone slow because all it told me is that it had an update so I let it do it and ever since the update on march 27th 2015 my texting has been slow and lagging. my home button is slow to react and this is on the s5 active my friend who has the regular s5 says she has had issues with her home button lagging as well I'm assuming she did the update as well I have already taken the battery out and put it back in I have tried the phone in safe mode the only thing I have not done is a factory reset which I'm trying to keep from doing because I do not want to lose my pictures my phone numbers or my text messages I'm taking the phone to AT&T in the morning and seeing what they can do but I would like some advice here if anyone has any.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I am Not sure if it was the 4. 4. 4 update that made my phone slow because all it told me is that it had an update so I let it do it and ever since the update on march 27th 2015 my texting has been slow and lagging. my home button is slow to react and this is on the s5 active my friend who has the regular s5 says she has had issues with her home button lagging as well I'm assuming she did the update as well I have already taken the battery out and put it back in I have tried the phone in safe mode the only thing I have not done is a factory reset which I'm trying to keep from doing because I do not want to lose my pictures my phone numbers or my text messages I'm taking the phone to AT&T in the morning and seeing what they can do but I would like some advice here if anyone has any.

Download Samsung Kies and do a back up of all your data. Do a factory reset and then restore all your data back. If you have a Micro SD card then you can use apps to back up all your text, call logs, and pictures by putting them on there. Factory rest after and update usually fixes a lot of issues pretty quick.