Galaxy S5: How's everyone's battery life so far?

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
So far I'm content with this. Have some tweaking to do to improve this a bit.

I've had blue tooth on all day (paired with my Gear 2), brightness auto, wifi off, nfc on.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/onwzpiytidpkhqs/Screenshot_2014-04-11-19-16-01.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/e38684qhn98ftiz/Screenshot_2014-04-11-19-16-07.png

*edit* forgot to upload pics

This doesn't seem all that great, my S4 gets pretty much the exact same battery life as this.

Do you have any wakelocks potentially decreasing battery life?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
This doesn't seem all that great, my S4 gets pretty much the exact same battery life as this.

Do you have any wakelocks potentially decreasing battery life?

The time seems decent but I was expecting better myself. I hope it settles and improves. Android System is eating a lot of battery though and that's not normal. Screen time should be #1.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, can't edit an image in. You can see on my Note 3 and same goes for any phone I've used before the Android System shouldn't use a ton.

Attachments

• 1397273181371.jpg
    1397273181371.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 115

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Could you install GSAM on your S5 and post your results later on? I have seen some S5 battery stats with excessively high kernel usage and your S5 might have the same issue.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Could you install GSAM on your S5 and post your results later on? I have seen some S5 battery stats with excessively high kernel usage and your S5 might have the same issue.

Eclipse2K is posting from a Galaxy Note 3.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Eclipse2K is posting from a Galaxy Note 3.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

Thanks UJ95x.

I was just posting an example showing that Android System shouldn't be a hog and above display time. :)

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Friday I got 16 hours of total time before I charged at 17%. On screen time was 5 hours. Is that considered good or bad?

Excellent. That's about what the Note 3 gets but under the Droid Maxx by about 2 hours. That's expected though given the power it has under the hood. :)

Plus, at 2800 mah compared to the Maxx 3300ah, I'd say you're doing amazing.

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
Excellent. That's about what the Note 3 gets but under the Droid Maxx by about 2 hours. That's expected though given the power it has under the hood. :)

Seriosly? I was doing that with my S4.

Posted via Android Central App

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Seriosly? I was doing that with my S4.

How the heck did you do that? My friend is constantly complaining about his S4 battery life, lol.

Remember, battery life should actually improve slightly throughout the week. See how it turns out there. Also, it depends on how bright the display is, auto brightness or low/high, auto updates, WiFi vs Cellular signal, signal quality, etc.

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site

The maxx is 3500mah. But I'm getting pretty good battery life just coming from the maxx myself. I would average around 7hours screen on time with the maxx. So far I'm seeing around 4.5 or so with s5. Once its settled in and I get everything setup I'll see where my normal usage is at

Sent from my SM-G900V using AC Forums mobile app

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
How the heck did you do that? My friend is constantly complaining about his S4 battery life, lol.

Remember, battery life should actually improve slightly throughout the week. See how it turns out there. Also, it depends on how bright the display is, auto brightness or low/high, auto updates, WiFi vs Cellular signal, signal quality, etc.

5 hours of screen time? All the time on my s4. I don't think that it was a rare occurrence eather for an s4 in general. I had a couple of 7 hour screen time days on the M8 that I sold. I just installed GSAM so I will give it a day or two then start posting screen shots.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
The maxx is 3500mah. But I'm getting pretty good battery life just coming from the maxx myself. I would average around 7hours screen on time with the maxx. So far I'm seeing around 4.5 or so with s5. Once its settled in and I get everything setup I'll see where my normal usage is at

Sent from my SM-G900V using AC Forums mobile app

Wow, I really forgot how big it was. I'm confusing it with the RAZR Maxx HD I think. :D

Can't wait to get mine and see if I like it. As long as its comparable to the Note I'll be good. And seeing some stats here it seems to be.

nonie

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Just been reading this thread. I was wondering how much android os. Is using, when you look at what battery usage in menu.
On my s2 it using more than anything most of the time.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

I was getting 5+ hours on my S4 as well. Even better now with a custom ROM :p

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Whats difference between default and art, I switched mine but am I supposed to feel or see a difference. Will certain apps not work?
Most apps are now compatible. The only one I have that isn't is QuizUp, and I'm not sure if they have added it yet. Main difference should be battery life, but performance should also be slightly better.