what heppens if fingerprint lock fails too many time?

punk999

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I like the fingerprint lock, but I was wondering what happens if someone makes too many fake attempts? I've heard it can delete the data of the phone? is this true? because that is a little concerning

srayjacobs

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
It makes you wait like 30 seconds before you can try again after 5 failed attempts , but the pattern lock screen says it will factory reset after 10 unsuccessful tries. The fingerprint make sure you enter in a PIN or password. I guess in case you needed someone else to unlock your phone. I do use the fingerprint lock at work, and I really like it. No way anyone can look over my shoulder and see my pin or password or pattern.

sirmaru

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Over time the screen will get cluttered with dust and oils. That will change how one's fingerprint is perceived by the phone. Thus, they will fail over time.

A PIN never fails that way.

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I don't think I could go back to putting in a pin/pattern/password. To quote Rene Ritchie from imore it makes me feel like an animal when I have to put in my pin on my ipad or ipod touch lol

Posted from my S5

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Over time the screen will get cluttered with dust and oils. That will change how one's fingerprint is perceived by the phone. Thus, they will fail over time.

A PIN never fails that way.

The screen can then be cleaned :). I clean mine daily.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa