Lollipop - ARGHH!! My major annoyances..

murtzd

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

Really need some pointers on the issues I'm facing with Lollipop before I tear my hear out and downgrade!

- Silent mode - I know that this has now stupidly been replaced with 'Interruptions'. I want my phone to be completely silent with only the alarm ringing, and I know this can be achieved by Priority Mode. However, I also want LED notifications to appear when on Priority. Any way to do this?

- Lock screen notification bar - I hate seeing the network on the top left corner. Before, I was able to see Whatsapp icons and missed call icons on the notification bar whilst the phone was locked, and now I have to unlock the phone to see then. Any way to do this?

- Battery - It's gone down to 50% in 6 hours, much worse than before. I've seen people talk about clearing the cache of the phone but I have no idea how to do this. Can anyone give me step by step instructions?

- Massive notification popups - Is there any way to reduce the large Whatsapp notifications whilst I'm using the phone? It covers up a large portion of the top part of the screen and it a bit annoying

Any help for any of these will be very appreciated!

alkezi

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

Really need some pointers on the issues I'm facing with Lollipop before I tear my hear out and downgrade!

- Silent mode - I know that this has now stupidly been replaced with 'Interruptions'. I want my phone to be completely silent with only the alarm ringing, and I know this can be achieved by Priority Mode. However, I also want LED notifications to appear when on Priority. Any way to do this?

- Lock screen notification bar - I hate seeing the network on the top left corner. Before, I was able to see Whatsapp icons and missed call icons on the notification bar whilst the phone was locked, and now I have to unlock the phone to see then. Any way to do this?

- Battery - It's gone down to 50% in 6 hours, much worse than before. I've seen people talk about clearing the cache of the phone but I have no idea how to do this. Can anyone give me step by step instructions?

- Massive notification popups - Is there any way to reduce the large Whatsapp notifications whilst I'm using the phone? It covers up a large portion of the top part of the screen and it a bit annoying

For the lock screen notification, it is just the way lollipop do. To make notification appear in your lockscreen, go to sound and notification -> while locked -> show all content. All notification will go to your lock screen like in IOS.

For battery, I did factory reset and that solved the problem. I got longerbbattery life than I was in KK. By thr way, make sure you back up your phone via Kies so that you dont have to download all the apps once you do factory reset.

Posted via the Android Central App

Roguefoxx

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
I'm not too sure regarding most of what you've pointed out here, but I do know how to wipe the phone cache. Here is a video explaining exactly how to do it.

EDIT: Well the video was linked here, but apparently I don't have enough posts to post a link yet... If you go to Youtube and search "Samsung Galaxy S4: How to Clear and Wipe Cache Partition" you will get some tutorials about how to do just that. I know the video is for the GS4, but it's the exact same procedure. Good luck with the rest, I'm still awaiting the AT&T Lollipop upgrade.

TimmyTwo2

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

I want LEDs to work with all sounds off too, anyone figure out how to do this?

murtzd

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
Just found another annoyance that may end up being the deal breaker.

The phone vibrates when it's fully charged, and it's woke up me the past few nights! Please tell me there's a way to turn this off...

TimmyTwo2

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Turn on sounds, then change it to priority only and unchecked all the checks so only alarms make sounds.

Posted via Android Central App

jrick

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
I really dislike the Battery usage display. They should make the history and predicted life two different screens. The way it is now, if the predicted life of the charge is long and you have not used a lot of the current charge, the info on the bottom such as screen, wifi, cell standby, etc. is difficult to make out. The 'old' style did not compress everything, it sized the display to only see what you have used.

3r3rc3

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Lollipop is no go for me. Annoying too much. After a month with L on Note 4 and a week on N3 I have reverted both back to KK 4.4.4
Unfortunately for google, this update is a crappiest thing I have seen from them yet (beyond google calendar perhaps ;))). User eXperience is so much downgraded with lack of tickers, notification being overcrowded and overgrown with so much limitations what is displayed what is not, so I can't stand this.
Confusing priority mode with no time schedule or group selection, no full silence mode (e.g. in the meeting I still may expect a life saving call, but phone now vibrates all the time vs just displaying incoming call, so phone needs to lay on carpet). On top my phone was heavily automated with Tasker app, and a lot of tasks won't work on lollipop as APIs are gone. E.g. data on/off is not working anymore. Also they still not fixed limited SD card functionality. Why oh why, I can't let my apps to access all my SDcard, if I want? E.g. FolderSync is not working anymore, as google is still blocking access to SDcard. If I would like to have my phone controlled for me I would hire secretary or iOS phone or both.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress