Verizon S5 - New update?

BlurryEyed

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I have already upgraded my VZW S5 to Marshmallow. My current baseband is: G900VVRU2DPD1

This morning I received a new OTA software update notification. When I look at the info behind the update, I think it is the same baseband:

MMB29M.G900VVRU2DPD1

Any ideas why I'm receiving a notification for the update I have already installed? Very hesitant to install it...

emcis

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
I also received the update notification like around 10:40AM PST. I clicked update and I now have the software version: "MMB29M.G900VVRU2DPF4".

The "Android Security Patch Level" also got updated to June 1, 2016.

Kernel version is now: 3.4.0dpi@SWHD7501#1 Sat Jun 18 08:50:00 KST 2016.

No major changes found so far; looks like a Security Patch folks (not that I'm complaining) :)

Ssands1

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I would be wary at this moment only because Verizon's own website thru the update "Learn More" URL is saying it's the same update! I don't know what would happen if you attempt to overlay the same update over the same update...If it is a security patch it should have said so at the Verizon Website...but right now the Verizon website just went "Blank" so they may be discovering the error right now....Everyone should wait just a little to make sure it's legit!

shadowsjc

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
i am updating it even though i already had marshmallow. it is going through the whole "optimizing app" process right now. i hope i didnt screw anything up

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I installed the update and the version # is still 6.01. I see no difference. It didn't fix my problems.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Marshmallow 6.0.1 Verizon

Ssands1

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Verizon's website via the "Learn More" URL has just finished updating the information there to the Correct Update version from the Original Marshmallow update version to the new Security Update Version as stated in emcls's post. so it should be good to go...I'm about to do it to verify it...I'll be the second lemming here to go....I'll be back in an hour or so whatever it takes....Bye Bye!

ksat

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I also received the update notification like around 10:40AM PST. I clicked update and I now have the software version: "MMB29M.G900VVRU2DPF4".

Updated today, as well, and the resulting version match emcis's post above...

I believe there is no concern about the legitimacy of this update... Would like to see more info from Verizon on specifics.

Ssands1

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I just think the Verizon Lab-Techs got ahead of themselves...or...the verizon web-info group just didn't get the correct info posted as the lab-techs authorized release of the later (recent) update today....No Biggie...It works...Sigh...Now I have to move on to Real Life now! :cool:

dedicado

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
The update is actually a different version. I got the update about an hour ago and just finished updating. See before and after screenshots attached.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 2016-06-24 15.45.25.jpg
    2016-06-24 15.45.25.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 42

BlurryEyed

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Thanks everyone. When I checked VZW, they hadn't updated their website with the correct info (Smooth Verizon...)

This may be some good news for some, though I was not affected:

This software update fixes an issue where the device couldn't be unlocked, even when using the correct PIN or pattern unlock code.

Mojave

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks everyone. When I checked VZW, they hadn't updated their website with the correct info (Smooth Verizon...)

This may be some good news for some, though I was not affected:

This software update fixes an issue where the device couldn't be unlocked, even when using the correct PIN or pattern unlock code.

I also never had that issue. Did the updated then clear my cache partition and phone is running great.

Oh yeah..... I did back up my phone with Smart Switch first. 👍

Posted via Android Central App

Engineered Reliable

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
I have upgraded to the G900VVRU2DPF4 and have so many issues with my Microsoft Exchange email. I can no longer receive emails unless the power save is off as it automatically restricts beckground data. You can no longer uncheck the restrict background to resolve the issue, under the power save settings.

riley331

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
Only do it if you are already on Marshmallow. (Android 6+)

Marshmallow is giving some people problems that they didn't have before.

Jims S5

Dec 12, 2015
Visit site
On mm and not having problems.
That is why I am wondering. Will be a few days till I get back home to do it thru my wifi. Will keep watching for issues.

K5423

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
Did this update yesterday and my phone is now screwed.None of my videos will play or can be imported to my pc.My pics are all mis-named on my sd card along with my videos.How can I get rid of this update?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non