How did I live without wireless charging!?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I agree. I love having it now. I get home and just drop it on the pad and bam charging .. someone calls? Simply pick it up and walk around without worrying about unplugging :D.

blackhawksfan75

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I am looking into wireless charging once I decide on which S6 phone I want to buy. The problem I have (at work anyways) is the dryness in my office causing static electricity. I make sure to touch something metal or the blinds before I unplug my phone otherwise I get a really good zap. I also heard this is not good for the phone. Does using a wireless charger reduce the static electricity?

TimmyB

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I had wireless charginh on my palm pre and HP touchpad tablet. What I don't understand is why it's taken another 5 years to take off? Web os was awesome BTW. You can see a little of it in lollipop. RIP

Me, also. Still use my Touchpad (with cyanogenmod on it!) and use its wireless charger. This is the one feature that turned my head toward the Samsung. Well, that, and a camera that isn't crap. Right, HTC?

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
I think that's basically it. For $10 each (Duracell Powermat) it's worth it for me. It's just more convenient, and one less wire hanging out of my phone for my 5 and 2 year old sons to yank on or run into. For someone like my wife it's almost a necessity, she damages just about every charging port in every device she has ever owned. So I guess it's a matter of perspective, but as low priced as some of these chargers are, the value is there for many of us.

Do you have a link to the duracell powermat for $10? I can't seem to find one for that low of a price.

jimbl

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Do you have a link to the duracell powermat for $10? I can't seem to find one for that low of a price.

This is the one I bought, but it's gone up a little in price.

Amazon.com: Duracell Powermat 24-Hour Power System for iPhone 4/4s - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

I bought two for $9.99. Now, FYI, I am noticing they make my phone hotter than the Samsung wireless charger does. I'm still trying to gather the data to prove the difference in temperature, but if I find out it's significant, I may not be using the Powermat moving forward.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
That's the same charger I have at the office. It's a great charger, since it is 3 coil- you never have to worry about phone placement, as it always gets it right due to the multiple coils.

Agreed sir! I just lay it on there .. don't care how .. and it always initiates after 2-3 seconds. No complaints :).

Bodzm

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Me, also. Still use my Touchpad (with cyanogenmod on it!) and use its wireless charger. This is the one feature that turned my head toward the Samsung. Well, that, and a camera that isn't crap. Right, HTC?
The Touchpad was awesome yeah. Performance was great, even compared to the top of the line tablets that cost x4 the amount. Why has wireless charging taken so long to take off? Weird. I can't think of any tablets that have wireless charging either.

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I ordered 2 wireless chargers from Samsung today with my 30% off coupon. I can't wait to get them. I also ordered an extra cord and plug since the wireless chargers don't come with one. I wish they made those cords in black to match my chargers though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Just curious--Does the wireless charging "pause" glitch happen with the Samsung chargers or non-Samsung chargers or both? Also, there are so many on Amazon to choose from is there one to stay away from specifically? I don't want to damage my phone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
I've been using the new Samsung wireless charger for about 2 weeks and I've never seen this pause glitch.