Alarm questions...missed alarms?

JustinHall05

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys,

New to Android here. I came from an iPhone 5S to the S6. I love everything about the S6, but one major difference from the iPhone to the S6 is the alarm feature. Alarms on the iPhone go off infinitely until the user dismisses them. The S6 eventually shuts the alarm off and just tells you when you look at the phone later that you missed your alarm. I am a heavy sleeper so it would be much more helpful for me to have the alarm go off indefinitely and not shut off until I tell it to. Is there any way to achieve this?

Thanks!

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

New to Android here. I came from an iPhone 5S to the S6. I love everything about the S6, but one major difference from the iPhone to the S6 is the alarm feature. Alarms on the iPhone go off infinitely until the user dismisses them. The S6 eventually shuts the alarm off and just tells you when you look at the phone later that you missed your alarm. I am a heavy sleeper so it would be much more helpful for me to have the alarm go off indefinitely and not shut off until I tell it to. Is there any way to achieve this?

Thanks!

Yeah - I've witnessed the same problem. I am a light sleeper so when my alarm goes off I usually jump right up and turn it off, but my wife on the other hand is a deep sleeper so she usually just ignores the alarm when it's her time to get up lol. I would suggest downloading Timely - best alarm app I've ever used, plus it looks good. From memory it keeps going and vibrates until you turn if off.

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
Had a similar issue the other day but fortunately I had woken up before my alarm. However as my phone was on silent my alarm never actually sounded and I therefore had a missed alarm.

It doesn't seem that logical to have an alarm that you can miss so easily.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress