What is normal standby time on S6?

Batongen

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I recently got a S6 and copied my S5 onto it. I haven't switched yet as I enjoy my S5 because of the screen, replaceable battery and SD slot. So I'm only playing around with the S6 at home.

I didn't use it for a day after charging it full and was very surprised when it started beeping about the battery after only 33 hours.

I have a iPhone 6 that I use only at home for different things I need iOS for and I get at least 72 hours out of that one.

Does it sound like normal battery use? No SIM only WiFi.

Thank you.

Last edited:

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Keeping wifi on will cause a good amount of drain. Have you looked in the battery menu to see what was using the most of your battery?

Batongen

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
Keeping wifi on will cause a good amount of drain. Have you looked in the battery menu to see what was using the most of your battery?

I have WiFi enabled on the iPhone as well but I get so much longer battery life on the iPhone.

However it perhaps maybe could be the GPS on the Android that is causing the extra drain. You can't tweak it for each app like you can in iOS. I'm gonna Try to shut it of completely and do another rundown in standby from 100% - 0%

In all the tests I've seen the Galaxy S6 wins big on rundowns with and battery benchmarks. So this should not be an issue.

And the battery report doesn't tell me anything. Each service about 1 - 4% no extreme behavior. "Android system" in top but only low values.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress