Who is using their S7 Edge without screen protection????

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
The Zagg Kiosk by me in the mall said he has an HD one for 25 bucks plus 5 to put it on. I hate to spend that much if I don't like it but Zagg emailed me back today and said they will be making the glass one but it wont be out for 2-3 weeks maybe longer. But if this one has a life time guarantee also than I am good. I just have always had one and feel like I need one on this nice new beautiful phone. But someone said the Zagg glass wasn't good on the 6 edge that it peeled so I may just stick with this HD if I like it and be done with it.

Last edited:

inffy

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Currently i don't have a screen protector on my S7 Edge. I am thinking of getting one but don't know if there are any good tempered screen protectors for the curved screens. I remember S6 edge had major problems with touch on the edge of the screens.

Are there actually any good tempered glass protectors for the Edge series? Or do we need to use those wet install method protectors?

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Have you used Zagg HD before? I am probably going to try it since the glass wont be out for a few weeks plus it's at the kiosk by my house in the mall and they will put it on.

I have seen the screen protector threads but I am curious who on here will use their phones without a screen protector? I waffle with every new phone.

I currently have a Zagg HD waiting for when the phone arrives but am thinking about returning it and going without one all together. Anyone else?

I will be using a case as I always do but this time around I might go without the screen protection.

inffy

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
I have used zagg before yeah. The biggest problem with them is the feel of the protector as it doesn't feel so smooth.

Shame we don't have any of those installation services in here

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I will be going without a screen protector as well as using without a case just like my Note 5.

This is even two months after putting a small permanent smudge on my iPhone 6S screen. The smudge happened within the first week. It is the only iPhone I have without a screen protector. That smudge can only be seen when the light shines on it in the right position.

All of my Android phones have been without screen protectors and caseless from from my Note 4, Note Edge and the old Nexus 4.

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Screen protectorless. That's what insurance is for. Never liked screen protectors. I've tried a few but normally within a week, I ripped it off.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I have seen the screen protector threads but I am curious who on here will use their phones without a screen protector? I waffle with every new phone.

I currently have a Zagg HD waiting for when the phone arrives but am thinking about returning it and going without one all together. Anyone else?

I will be using a case as I always do but this time around I might go without the screen protection.

I used to use screen protectors religiously. Specifically, Zagg. But when the iPhone 5 came out I got a bad one. Wouldn't adhere properly and peeled on the edges. Tried another. Same thing. So I didn't buy another until got my 5S. Same issue. So I just stopped wasting my money. I've never had a screen scratch on me since my iPhone 3GS so I'm not worried about it at all. I've tried off brand tempered glass protectors they sell at carrier stores and those have been the best. I bought a Verizon branded one when I had my s5 and it was easily the best screen protector I've ever had.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
This thread is giving me great anxiety. I put a screen protector on my phone the moment I take my phone out of the box, even before turning it on.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I'm using a screen protector on my 6P because I have no Nexus Protect as it's second hand, and I'm wary Asurion wouldn't cover it. I don't think I'll need a screen protector for my S7E

Posted from the 6P of Aluminum Doom

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I roll with a tempered glass screen protector on my S6 active and it looks and feels great. Costs about $10 and I don't have to worry about keys or loose change in my pockets rubbing against the screen.

Also, when the time comes to upgrade, whether you turn the device in or sell it to someone else, the device looks that much better with a flawless screen.

Rick_Moli0212

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm still unsure about whether to use a screen protector for my new S7. For those that have kept a phone for a while without one, have you noticed any scratches? I'm pretty careful with my phones, so if y'all think the glass can stay scratch-free for 2 years, I won't be needing one.

rpkincer

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
I had a co worker tell me that screen protectors are a rigged deal. The screens are pretty tough and hard to scratch. The protectors are softer and screath easier. You see scratch on protector you think "oh man, glad I had the protector". I wasn't so sure so after I ordered the S7E I took the protector off my One M7 and have been running it through the gauntlet: keys in same pocket, change, pens, pencils, etc. Just to test his theory. Low and behold, no scratches yet. The only thing I haven't done is drop it on pavement. I think I'm going to go without a protector and without a case. NAKED!

Lastnv

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I had a co worker tell me that screen protectors are a rigged deal. The screens are pretty tough and hard to scratch. The protectors are softer and screath easier. You see scratch on protector you think "oh man, glad I had the protector". I wasn't so sure so after I ordered the S7E I took the protector off my One M7 and have been running it through the gauntlet: keys in same pocket, change, pens, pencils, etc. Just to test his theory. Low and behold, no scratches yet. The only thing I haven't done is drop it on pavement. I think I'm going to go without a protector and without a case. NAKED!

Might want a to watch a few drop tests before you think it's safe to drop on pavement.

Bryant Laney

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
No screen protector for me I never ever use them on any phone. Will be putting a case on it though just waiting for seidio to release S7 edge.

Posted via the Android Central App

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

His logic is sound for all but tempered glass screen protectors. Good tempered glass protectors have a hardness of 9h normally. So very hard to scratch. Along the same level of the phone glass. It isn't impossible though. You just have to have that wrong thing make contact one time and the screen is scratched. The added benefit of tempered glass is the phone feels the same as if it wasn't there. There is also a good chance damage that would shatter the phone glass will just damage the tempered glass protector and leave the phone glass intact.

I would never discourage use of a glass protector. The others are kind of useless, but not the glass ones.

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
If you want to see a interesting conversation on this subject scan the pixel c forums for discussions on scratches with the magnetic keyboard that slides off. It is well documented that the pixels get scratches from it. They are minor and generally hardly visiable, but do happen. And that is just from dust between the keyboard and screen when the tab is being removed from the keyboard.

marlin29311

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
His logic is sound for all but tempered glass screen protectors. Good tempered glass protectors have a hardness of 9h normally. So very hard to scratch. Along the same level of the phone glass. It isn't impossible though. You just have to have that wrong thing make contact one time and the screen is scratched. The added benefit of tempered glass is the phone feels the same as if it wasn't there. There is also a good chance damage that would shatter the phone glass will just damage the tempered glass protector and leave the phone glass intact.

I would never discourage use of a glass protector. The others are kind of useless, but not the glass ones.

Unless that screen protector is made out of Sapphire, no way it's 9H.