Samsung promotion status.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
I called fedex when the package didn't arrive by end of day. They said someone attempted to leave the box at my home.I don't think they were correct, because usually they leave a note when they will try to redeliver. Not Samsung's fault, but FedEx. Just frustrating going through this whole process.

At least it shipped. Mine hasn't budged and inch.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Has everyones S2 been the 3G version so far?

It is indeed the 3G version, got mine yesterday. Actually would rather have the non 3G version, I dont see any use of making calls on it when my phone isn't in reach. I had an apple watch and never had to make a call on my watch since my phone is by default always in range. Also, it makes the bottom of the watch much thicker than the non 3G version and the watch is big enough on my wrist, I am a femal with small wrists lol

maf113

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Is there a number I can call to reach customer service instead of submitting via email?
Sure. If you prefer to speak with a Customer Support person instead, feel free to give us a call at 888.PZ.LOGIC (888.795.6442). Our operators are available from 10am until 7pm ET Monday - Friday, and 11am until 5pm ET Saturday and Sunday.

Calling does no good. They know less about the process than any of us. It appears to be a totally random thing. It does not matter when you submitted your claim. They just process a claim by some random method that even prizelogic does not understand.

doxidad

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
The tracking for my S2 said created on 3/31 and shipping on 4/1. My status said pending. I got an email later on in the day saying that my submission was approved and estimated to ship on 4/8. It still said pending on the status for 2 more days before it said 4/8. I got another email on 4/4 saying that it was shipped (fedex agreed) and it came in late yesterday 4/5. So, I started playing with it last night and wore to work today. Not sure how much I will use things on it other than the watch and weather. When setting it up the notification part warned me that I wouldn't get text messages since I'm not using Message - I'm using Textra. Haven't really had time to try much else out yet though.

Last edited:

DynoMikeR

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
This was on my doorstep this morning. Verzion branded 3G model with microphone and stand alone features like my original Gear S. Haven't had mitch time to mess with yet as I'm at work.

1000a749e28c1256afcda7ca41bedcf4.jpg

jawill0430

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Do I have to have the tracking number....is there any other way I can search using FedEx Delivery Manager? My status still shows preparing for shipment! :(

DynoMikeR

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Do I have to have the tracking number....is there any other way I can search using FedEx Delivery Manager? My status still shows preparing for shipment! :(
On the promo page that you check status on. It will switch to showapproved and an proximate ship date. I received an email that it had been shipped and tracking included. Fedex no signature needed.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
When setting it up the notification part warned me that I wouldn't get text messages since I'm not using Message - I'm using Textra. Haven't really had time to try much else out yet though.

It will work with Textra. You might not be able to initiate a text message from the watch, but you can receive texts on Textra and Mark as Read or Reply

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Mine was just delivered to my house. I'll get it when I get home from work later. I have another claim that they said would be given a gear vr instead of S2 because I used the Comcast promotion. They say that one should be shipped on the 18th. Guess we'll see.

DynoMikeR

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Mine was just delivered to my house. I'll get it when I get home from work later. I have another claim that they said would be given a gear vr instead of S2 because I used the Comcast promotion. They say that one should be shipped on the 18th. Guess we'll see.
Got he first onedelivered today. And I've got anther claim as well. Got approved for S2 waiting on shipping info for the 2nd one now.

thomasmarcgodskid

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
It is indeed the 3G version, got mine yesterday. Actually would rather have the non 3G version, I am a femal with small wrists lol

Wow - I had assumed it would be the non-3G version. And while I was kinda lamenting not having a speaker on it, that wasn't too big of a deal. But I am a male with small wrist and I was actually glad we were getting the slimmer non-3G version because I haven't worn a watch for decades and don't want a huge thing on my wrist.

Oh well, looking on the bright side, I guess if I want I can activate it on Verizon for $5/month and not have to worry about necessarily always having my phone with me. Plus it has GPS and a speaker.

Now if only they would actually ship it! Mine still shows Approved and Shipment Pending....

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Wow - I had assumed it would be the non-3G version. And while I was kinda lamenting not having a speaker on it, that wasn't too big of a deal. But I am a male with small wrist and I was actually glad we were getting the slimmer non-3G version because I haven't worn a watch for decades and don't want a huge thing on my wrist.

Oh well, looking on the bright side, I guess if I want I can activate it on Verizon for $5/month and not have to worry about necessarily always having my phone with me. Plus it has GPS and a speaker.

Now if only they would actually ship it! Mine still shows Approved and Shipment Pending....
I think knowing how smart Verizon is, they sent the 3G version hoping people would sign up for the plan. It's a no brainer if you think of it.

What do you mean it has a speaker on it?

thomasmarcgodskid

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Well, I thought the promotion part was being done by Samsung, not Verizon. And the 3G version cost more so...

What do you mean it has a speaker on it?

The Non-3G version does not have a speaker/sound. You can only get sound by connecting it to a speaker/headset via Bluetooth. The 3G version does (obviously, it has to in order to be used for phone calls). The 3G version also has a GPS chip which the non-3G does not, and the slightly bigger battery to deal with more power usage from 3G - hence the slightly larger size.

Feature-wise, I wanted the 3G. Even went to a Verizon store (thinking we were getting the non-3G) and asked if I would be allowed to trade up to the 3G version, but they said no. But then, because my wrist really are on the small size, I was making my peace with not having those features but having a watch that would probably fit me better in the non-3G version.

thomasmarcgodskid

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
So, just went to my FedEx Manager account and I have a package on it's way via FedEx SmartPost from this address arriving end of week:

Fulfillment Dept. #42
1810 AIRPORT EXCHANGE BLVD
ERLANGER, KY US 410183196

I can't think of any other packages I have coming, but then my spouse and I order stuff all the time so not sure. Is that the address the watches are coming from???

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Well, I thought the promotion part was being done by Samsung, not Verizon. And the 3G version cost more so...

The Non-3G version does not have a speaker/sound. You can only get sound by connecting it to a speaker/headset via Bluetooth. The 3G version does (obviously, it has to in order to be used for phone calls). The 3G version also has a GPS chip which the non-3G does not, and the slightly bigger battery to deal with more power usage from 3G - hence the slightly larger size.

Feature-wise, I wanted the 3G. Even went to a Verizon store (thinking we were getting the non-3G) and asked if I would be allowed to trade up to the 3G version, but they said no. But then, because my wrist really are on the small size, I was making my peace with not having those features but having a watch that would probably fit me better in the non-3G version.
Hmmmmmmm ok so let me understand this...

So how do you take calls on the non-3G if there is no speaker?

I'm comparing to the only other smart watch I have used which was the apple watch. If you do gps on the iPhone it alerts you turn by turn on the apple watch.

mededitornj

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
So, just went to my FedEx Manager account and I have a package on it's way via FedEx SmartPost from this address arriving end of week:

Fulfillment Dept. #42
1810 AIRPORT EXCHANGE BLVD
ERLANGER, KY US 410183196

I can't think of any other packages I have coming, but then my spouse and I order stuff all the time so not sure. Is that the address the watches are coming from???

Not 100% sure, but that looks like an amazon.com address. Don't think that's the address for the promotion.

Posted via the Android Central App

DynoMikeR

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
They all have speakers I believe. But the 3G has a microphone as well. My promotional S2 is a verzion 3G version. Loving it so far. Had the Gear S before it was stand alone as well. Just switched the new S2 over to my existing gear S line. And yes it's $5 a month plus tax and fees. And $8 extra dollars a month to have a stand alone watch. And it's nice to have.