08-09-2017 01:22 AM
694 ... 1819202122 ...
tools
    I had this issue on my pre-order unit. After 3 days of trying everything I just sent it back for a new one. Told them I didn't want a phone from the first stock of phones. Don't know if that helped but my new device is perfect. Don't screw around, get a new one.
    Vinny
    The funny thing is, this phone is showing a production date of 04/09/2016 according to Phone Info. That's 9 days before I received it, in my hands!
    04-23-2016 08:15 PM
    I had the same problem. I got the notification every 10 minutes. I only got it when the phone was locked. I tried watching movies on the phone for 6-7 hours but I never got it when the phone was reading something from SD card. Last sunday (April 17th) I took my phone to samsung at bestbuy to reflash the rom on it. After the reflash until april 20th I only got the notification once. On April 20th I got AT&T update and until today I had no notification. Today I got it once. If it is going to appear every 2-3 days it's fine. I hope that it doesn't keep coming back again.
    04-24-2016 02:35 PM
    The issue is widespread...it's also happening on the regular S7. (non-Edge version) Haven't seen a fix yet.
    04-24-2016 03:36 PM
    I had the same problem and this what I have found fixed my problem. I used 2 different 32gb cards, one was a samsung and the other a San disk both class 10. I tried many things including taking to best buy to the samsung person. Everything I tried wouldn't work. This is what finally has for over 24 hours. I found a class 4 16gb micro SD I currently had. I put in my USB micro sd card reader and put in HP PC. I formatted to exfat and put in S7. I have not had any more problems since. Could be the format, class 4 card or just making better connection. I am leaning towards the class4 card. I know that's not what they say works best with 1080 P videos. But I use for music and pictures mostly. All I know us it is working great so far.
    04-24-2016 03:49 PM
    This guy says this is the fix. Let me know if this works?
    04-24-2016 06:18 PM
    This guy says this is the fix. Let me know if this works?
    That's not a fix. The SD card is actually being dismounted/remounted. Turning the notification off is not fixing the underlying issue. It's a band-aid. It's like sweeping the dirt under the rug...

I've already detailed that this is actual dismounting of the card. Whether it's software or hardware is yet to be determined. I've gone 2 days without the notification after downgrading the sd card to a 16GB generic.
    04-24-2016 07:30 PM
    That's not a fix. The SD card is actually being dismounted/remounted. Turning the notification off is not fixing the underlying issue. It's a band-aid. It's like sweeping the dirt under the rug...

I've already detailed that this is actual dismounting of the card. Whether it's software or hardware is yet to be determined. I've gone 2 days without the notification after downgrading the sd card to a 16GB generic.
    Hilarious. This guy (in the video) says he hasn't had the notification for 7 hours and he calls it fixed.
    04-25-2016 05:32 AM
    Its been 5 days since the ATT update and so far not 1 notification for my s7edge or my wife's s7 other than the initial notification upon restart which is normal. Looking like it's completely fixed.
    Thomas Gruver likes this.
    04-25-2016 11:44 PM
    Its been 5 days since the ATT update and so far not 1 notification for my s7edge or my wife's s7 other than the initial notification upon restart which is normal. Looking like it's completely fixed.
    Nice. It's been 3.5 days since I downgraded to the 16gb card and no notifications. I'm on Verizon, so will be awhile for any update.
    04-26-2016 05:07 AM
    Let us all know how it is, a week from now. 1 day doesn't cut it. I went all day with out the issue, only to be bombarded by it this evening. No update here. One day is not 'resolved'
    5 days zero issues, for me the AT&T update "fixed it"
    04-27-2016 07:26 AM
    After about a month, where it seemed the issue fixed itself, I had no notifications for about A MONTH, it's back. It happened yesterday, and caused all the photos I took since the last issue to auto-upload to dropbox, causing duplicate entries.

I had the SD Card Monitor app running all along and it shows 4 eject/bad removals and remounts., 2 yesterday (4:15 pm and 4:30 pm ET) and 2 this morning (8:11 am and 9:31 am ET)

So it's safe for me to say (for my phone) that the issue is NOT over, even when dormant for so long.
    04-27-2016 09:36 AM
    After about a month, where it seemed the issue fixed itself, I had no notifications for about A MONTH, it's back. It happened yesterday, and caused all the photos I took since the last issue to auto-upload to dropbox, causing duplicate entries.

I had the SD Card Monitor app running all along and it shows 4 eject/bad removals and remounts., 2 yesterday (4:15 pm and 4:30 pm ET) and 2 this morning (8:11 am and 9:31 am ET)

So it's safe for me to say (for my phone) that the issue is NOT over, even when dormant for so long.
    Grrrrr. Don't recall if you are on big red, and pb5? If so at some point maybe we can join the happy campers on pc8.
    04-27-2016 09:52 AM
    Well, I got my replacement last night. It's build date is the same as felloffthetruck's was (03232016). Seeing as my original handset with a build date of 04092016 was giving me issues, I'm skeptical. Although, that handset was giving me grief from the time I installed the card. Haven't had any peeps since I installed the card in the replacement since last night (I just jinxed myself).

I guess we won't know until we see how the ATT people are doing a week or two from now whether it really is a firmware issue.
    04-27-2016 10:43 AM
    Grrrrr. Don't recall if you are on big red, and pb5? If so at some point maybe we can join the happy campers on pc8.
    Yup, Verizon. And it dismounted two more times since my last post. Back with a vengeance. So the lesson here is even if it seems like it's fixed, it could still come back a month later. So 2 days, 7 days, 2 weeks without a notification doesn't seem to mean jack for this issue.
    04-27-2016 02:51 PM
    This notification keeps popping up a couple times a day. I've formatted, mounted, unmounted the card and it's still haunting me.

Is there any way to stop this?

Attachment 219912
    04-28-2016 06:29 PM
    My note 4 has been doing this as well.... I am wondering if it has anything to do with the last update...
    04-28-2016 06:31 PM
    So, I bought a 2 Pack of sd cards (same brand, same size, same class) and put one in my edge and one in my wife's S7. I only get this message when I turn the phone off then back on but my wife can't get it to go away... Seems really odd to me. Lol
    04-28-2016 07:12 PM
    Has anyone gotten the phone to work properly with any specific card and gb?
    I just opened tray and put card back in carefully it hasnt done it anymore I rhink if its not on properly it keeps doing it cause it isnt doing it anymore.I would just play around with it until ut stops so far so good.
    04-29-2016 07:32 AM
    Well, I got my replacement last night. It's build date is the same as felloffthetruck's was (03232016). Seeing as my original handset with a build date of 04092016 was giving me issues, I'm skeptical. Although, that handset was giving me grief from the time I installed the card. Haven't had any peeps since I installed the card in the replacement since last night (I just jinxed myself).

I guess we won't know until we see how the ATT people are doing a week or two from now whether it really is a firmware issue.
    My black with this build date has been pretty good. I have seen the pop up twice in the last week though.
    04-29-2016 08:54 AM
    One week out since I updated the phone with the latest AT&T update and no notifications.
    04-29-2016 03:58 PM
    It's a hardware issue almost 100%.

I've owned 4x S7 Edges. Initial one had a bad screen and also showed notification. Second one showed notification a couple times a day. Current one (plus the free BOGO one) never had a single notification outside of boot up.

Firmware or software might address a hardware issue, or increase tolerances. But underlying it's probably a hardware issue.
    04-29-2016 09:01 PM
    I see this after a reboot and then after a long period of not being used (as in left on overnight).

I don't think in my case it is a glitch. I think the phone does some sort of boot scan every so often to check for errors and then it gives the notification after it finishes.

I do wish mine would stop with the wifi notifications at work, because each time it looses connection but then reconnects, I get the wifi notifications to configure settings.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-30-2016 06:51 AM
    I see this after a reboot and then after a long period of not being used (as in left on overnight).

I don't think in my case it is a glitch. I think the phone does some sort of boot scan every so often to check for errors and then it gives the notification after it finishes.

I do wish mine would stop with the wifi notifications at work, because each time it looses connection but then reconnects, I get the wifi notifications to configure settings.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Unfortunately, it's more than just a boot scan. It actually unmounts the card when you get that error. So if you are transfering files while it happens, they are corrupted or don't transfer properly.
    Str0ntium likes this.
    05-01-2016 12:43 PM
    Haven't had the issue in 5 days, after the replacement.... knocking on wood.
    05-01-2016 03:07 PM
    The system update Tmobile rolled out yesterday has completely fixed the problem. It doesn't even pop up when I turn the phone on anymore. It's gone completely! Wahoo! It's been almost 24 hours. I'm a heavy user and I was getting the notification about 10 times per day and every time on startup. Now nothing. Hope other carriers fix it soon as well. Phone is fantastic and my only complaint has been addressed. Although I do wish the home screen had continuous panning. Oh well.
    05-05-2016 02:01 PM
694 ... 1819202122 ...