SD Card Notification keeps popping up - Help !

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Omg I downloaded "good lock" and I HATE it. Now I can't figure out how to uninstall it. Can someone PLEASE help me and tell me how to restore my phone to the condition it was before I downloaded this hot mess?

Devendra95

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Omg I downloaded "good lock" and I HATE it. Now I can't figure out how to uninstall it. Can someone PLEASE help me and tell me how to restore my phone to the condition it was before I downloaded this hot mess?
In your app drawer on the last page there's a good lock app icon. Open it and there's an option to uninstall it. Your device will reboot and you will have the stock launcher again.

pkaczor

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I will dance a jig if Good Lock makes the notifications stop. So far so good...

You will note that in the app profile in the Galaxy App store, the "What's new" list for version 24.0.6 includes "Fixed issue that SD card is not working." :D

Update- so far, so good. NO sd card notifications since I installed Good Lock last night. Sandisk 128 gb.

Devendra95

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
It has been almost 12 hours since I installed good lock and no SD card notifications. I still want Samsung to fix the stock touch wiz bugs because not everyone will like good lock

Sherif82

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Well, the bad news is that my new replacement phone is popping the SD card notification with the same card that gave us trouble before. It already unmounted once in the 2 hours it's been in the phone. However, and that's the good news, it seems like there's hope with this Good Lock app: it hasn't done it in 3 hours now. Only time will tell I guess.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

Roque13

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
AT&T sent me a replacement phone under warranty and fortunately I do not have this issue anymore I've had it since Monday same SD card same setup, same apps, same everything with no issues thank goodness

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I was already planning on downloading it when I got my phone after watching a video on it. So hopefully it does fix the issues.

I would wait and see if your new phone has the problem before installing good lock.
Please let us know if your new phone has the problem or not.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I would wait and see if your new phone has the problem before installing good lock.
Please let us know if your new phone has the problem or not.

I will let you know for sure. I just liked the way Good Lock looked. Thought it brought something new to the table. And that was before I thought it might stop those notifications.

scottaco

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
AC did an article on an app called Cover that is supposed to have similarities to Blackberry Peek. I installed it but couldn't get it to work. The point? The SD notification never returned after i uninstalled Cover. Now, after seeing Good Lock mentioned, I wonder if there's an unseen connection.

dvenoregon

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
I'm new to this forum but have been following this particular thread for several days. I also have the SD notification, which started when I first got my S7 Edge two weeks ago (Verizon; Sandisk Ultra 128 UHS-1). The first couple days, it was quite frequent. Then, a couple Android/Verizon updates hit my phone and the notifications slowed down to once every 1 to 3 days, always during lock mode for a while. I don't think this is a hardware issue, contrary to many opinions. The notification never occurs when the phone is being moved, set down, or in use at all. I did attempt the Facebook Samsung Support for giggles. That was a waste of time. "Did you try a new SIM card". "Did you try a new SD card?" Blah blah blah.

I just installed the "Good Lock" (what a horrible name) per the previous advice and will see if I get any further notifications. I'm still deciding if I even like this app, but will give it a few days regardless.

Overall, I love this phone (coming from an S4). Too bad Samsung cannot seem to admit to this issue and figure out a solution.

Also, a user on a related thread has indicated a recent Sprint update on his S7 has eliminated the problem completely for 5 days. Verizon loses again.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm new to this forum but have been following this particular thread for several days. I also have the SD notification, which started when I first got my S7 Edge two weeks ago (Verizon; Sandisk Ultra 128 UHS-1). The first couple days, it was quite frequent. Then, a couple Android/Verizon updates hit my phone and the notifications slowed down to once every 1 to 3 days, always during lock mode for a while. I don't think this is a hardware issue, contrary to many opinions. The notification never occurs when the phone is being moved, set down, or in use at all. I did attempt the Facebook Samsung Support for giggles. That was a waste of time. "Did you try a new SIM card". "Did you try a new SD card?" Blah blah blah.

I just installed the "Good Lock" (what a horrible name) per the previous advice and will see if I get any further notifications. I'm still deciding if I even like this app, but will give it a few days regardless.

Overall, I love this phone (coming from an S4). Too bad Samsung cannot seem to admit to this issue and figure out a solution.

Also, a user on a related thread has indicated a recent Sprint update on his S7 has eliminated the problem completely for 5 days. Verizon loses again.

and did the problem come back on day 6?

kingkev00

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I find if you open the card by clicking on Explore, browse into a folder then press return twice back to the home. Then it wont appear until the phone is restarted.

Sherif82

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
No dice.....the SD card unmounted on its own on the new phone WITH Good Lock installed. Out of the three cards we have, this is the only one giving us trouble. I'm just gonna have to put this behind us; can't spend anymore time on it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez