SD Card Notification keeps popping up - Help !

Up Down

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
I installed Good lock last week and I have yet to get the SD card message again. Only problem is that I am not sure I like the themeing that happens with it. The right and left swipe doing different things annoys me on the notification pull down as well...

I have done nothing, no Good Lock, no in phone formatting, no factory reset, and the messages have just about disappeared for me. I get it maybe once a week now, before it used to be several times a day. Edge with a 64gb pny uhs-3. Big Red.

GoldenEmu

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had any messages or unmountings from April 1st until today. Went through two t-mobile updates and all was good. Last night I rebooted and today the errors are constant again.

I don't believe the type of SD cards matter of new versions of hardware. If I can go two weeks without any issues and no unmountings and something random just sets it off then this is a software issue. Needs to be fixed by Samsung.

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
I received my replacement S7 edge from T-Mobile yesterday. So far it's been 24 hours with no issues at all. I have not seen the constant SD card notifications - I'm keeping my fingers crossed. One other thing I noticed is that the replacement device has MUCH BETTER battery life than what I was getting with my original S7 edge. I don't know why that would be other than it was a defective device from the beginning. I didn't change anything different as the phone is set up with the same apps and settings as my original. Hopefully the issue is gone.

BJB1

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I hesitated to post this here or a separate thread as not sure if it is related. As I reported earlier in the thread, my 200GB mounted and dismounted during it's first week. However since, totally fine.... no notices either.

Then this week, every morning when I pickup the phone off the wireless charger, it has restarted overnight. I know this as I use fingerprint ID but upon reboot it demands a password. It did not do this for weeks until this week. No change that I am aware of, and I checked, it did not install an update. It never restarts during the day!

Not sure if related or what....And Verizon does not have the option to restart at a particular time so it is not that setting.

Very strange. Will keep an eye out for dismounts or messages too..
BJB1

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I hesitated to post this here or a separate thread as not sure if it is related. As I reported earlier in the thread, my 200GB mounted and dismounted during it's first week. However since, totally fine.... no notices either.

Then this week, every morning when I pickup the phone off the wireless charger, it has restarted overnight. I know this as I use fingerprint ID but upon reboot it demands a password. It did not do this for weeks until this week. No change that I am aware of, and I checked, it did not install an update. It never restarts during the day!

Not sure if related or what....And Verizon does not have the option to restart at a particular time so it is not that setting.

Very strange. Will keep an eye out for dismounts or messages too..
BJB1

I had the same thing happen to me this morning. No sign that it had installed any updates. Fingers crossed it will be a one off. I've only had two random restarts since I've had the phone and only once had the SD card notification for no reason.

dvenoregon

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
So I installed Good Lock for several days and only had one notification. I then uninstalled Good Lock yesterday and went back to the default settings and the SD Card notification has returned several times.

BJB1

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site
I uninstalled the last app I installed, did a little dance, twirled around 3 times while rubbing my head and I did not have a reboot last night!

mike1223

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site
yes!! and not only that, i even did the software refresh, changed different sd cards, brands and sizes, chianged the tray, still same thing!!!! still looking for solutions, sent the device back to samsung, and even that samsung accessed my phone via the remote access, and they were able to see this notification on my phone screen, and after sending the device for repairs to Samsung after 1 week i received a call from Samsung and they are saying , that they ca not get the phone to Mimic the same message, so now they are saying that no problem found, so now just go and guess what else to do, and so far they are are not offering to replace the device, even that i don't really think, that it will solve the issue. i was told by one of the samsung rep, that it maybe a mother board problem, but still who will listen to me?? the bottom line is even that its not going to help us at this time, but i strongly believe that this is the first batch of those defected devices that we got it as the first one to get those devices on preorder. i guess never get any of new release as the first one to get it, just wat for few months before getting a new release device. but in respect what is the fix for now no answer!!!!!!

rdandy5875

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
yes!! and not only that, i even did the software refresh, changed different sd cards, brands and sizes, chianged the tray, still same thing!!!! still looking for solutions, sent the device back to samsung, and even that samsung accessed my phone via the remote access, and they were able to see this notification on my phone screen, and after sending the device for repairs to Samsung after 1 week i received a call from Samsung and they are saying , that they ca not get the phone to Mimic the same message, so now they are saying that no problem found, so now just go and guess what else to do, and so far they are are not offering to replace the device, even that i don't really think, that it will solve the issue. i was told by one of the samsung rep, that it maybe a mother board problem, but still who will listen to me?? the bottom line is even that its not going to help us at this time, but i strongly believe that this is the first batch of those defected devices that we got it as the first one to get those devices on preorder. i guess never get any of new release as the first one to get it, just wat for few months before getting a new release device. but in respect what is the fix for now no answer!!!!!!

That sucks Mike. I even read your longer post on the samsung forums, and it's rediculous the run-around you are getting.

Roque13

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Are you on a us carrier or international version? I'm on At&t and they replaced mine under warranty and the new one has NO issues and the andtll. I've even changed out the SD card with different ones and none of them gave the message other than after a restart. Just trying to help.

ogio

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Who is your carrier?
Is samsung testing the phone with an sd card installed?

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site

Who is your carrier? Get a replacement from them. I got a replacement from T-Mobile and it's been fine since I got it. No SD card notifications. Definitely a hardware issue, not a software issue.

Posted via the Android Central App

boulianc

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I sent my S7 to a Samsung authorized service repair center. Verdict: They need to replace the motherboard. Its officially an hardware issue, thus not affecting all devices. The ones that are affected needs replacement/or motherboard replacement. When they replace the motherboard, they have (no choice) to also replace the screen. Cost CDN 690$.

I wounder why Samsung just don't send me a new phone as their cost for a new device is around 240$ USD.

Roque13

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I sent my S7 to a Samsung authorized service repair center. Verdict: They need to replace the motherboard. Its officially an hardware issue, thus not affecting all devices. The ones that are affected needs replacement/or motherboard replacement. When they replace the motherboard, they have (no choice) to also replace the screen. Cost CDN 690$.

I wounder why Samsung just don't send me a new phone as their cost for a new device is around 240$ USD.
Hopefully you didn't have to pay That is 100% a warranty issue and you should not have to pay anything.

ogio

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
I got a replacement phone through Verizon a little over 2 weeks ago. Today the sd notifications started on this phone also.
I guess I'll try getting another replacement. Lol

tomatosouplabs

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I got a replacement phone through Verizon a little over 2 weeks ago. Today the sd notifications started on this phone also.
I guess I'll try getting another replacement. Lol

Could you tell us the manufacturing date of your replacement? You can use phone info (samsung) app.

Posted via the Android Central App

Up Down

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
Well my notifications had stopped for a couple weeks, and now they are back fast and furious, looks like every 30 minutes.
PB5 build.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer