Update from iPhone Users who switched

jinzen

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
IPhone charges faster than S7?? My wife's 6S takes almost twice the amount of time to charge compared to my S6. Amoled burnin, seriously?? Talk about claiming on legacy screens....I think ios is much more stable os overall, I give apple credit with the optimization, hardware build and fluid experience... But some things are better for what Samsung has delivered, seems like you're having a difficult time admitting it...im still stuck on you claiming charging is faster on the iPhone... Wow...

Posted via the Android Central App

Lol, yes that's why I'm turning my Note 5 in for Notification Bar burn in after using it for 5 months.. legacy haha.

You might ask your wife to use a 2A charger for her iPhone, you know using a "Fast" charging generally helps with "fast" charging.

Mahender Shahani

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I am using iphone since 8 years and widgets and the notifications could not be even compared to Android. The only good part about ios is the apps are little more polished then Android.

RichBrown68

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Wireless charging is convenient, hardly a key feature. Especially since S7 Edge uses a non-reversible USB.
Fast Charging is the same on the iPhone. Takes the same amount of time to charge, if not less time on the iPhone @ 2A.
Far superior screen tech? Like AMOLEDs that eventually burn in and wink out over time and turn to yellow? Besides some power saving, AMOLED is pointless on a tiny device like a phone. Looks nice on a 70" TV though, still, NOT a superior tech that has a definite lifespan to the organic diodes that degrade quickly over time. I'll take the iPad Pro's LCD ANY DAY.

I might be biased though. I own a Note 5, S7 Edge, Macbook Pro, an iPad Pro and an iPad Mini. Android has NO features I prefer, and ONLY drawbacks to being an inferior operating system. The only redeeming factors are the device themselves, with superior cameras, Samsung pay, beautiful design, SD card etc. The software honestly is an embarrassment to Google, (and Samsung), as they still don't even control their own security updates from the carriers and are always 6 months behind the Nexus phones.

It's unfortunate that not one single reviewer agrees with you about the screens.

RichBrown68

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Lol, yes that's why I'm turning my Note 5 in for Notification Bar burn in after using it for 5 months.. legacy haha.

You might ask your wife to use a 2A charger for her iPhone, you know using a "Fast" charging generally helps with "fast" charging.

I'm not sure why you have such an obnoxious attitude toward anyone who actually likes the device. By the way, I got the S6 Edge Plus the day it was released and after 7 months, no sign of burn in. So you're full of it.

RichBrown68

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Wireless charging is convenient, hardly a key feature. Especially since S7 Edge uses a non-reversible USB.
Fast Charging is the same on the iPhone. Takes the same amount of time to charge, if not less time on the iPhone @ 2A.
Far superior screen tech? Like AMOLEDs that eventually burn in and wink out over time and turn to yellow? Besides some power saving, AMOLED is pointless on a tiny device like a phone. Looks nice on a 70" TV though, still, NOT a superior tech that has a definite lifespan to the organic diodes that degrade quickly over time. I'll take the iPad Pro's LCD ANY DAY.

I might be biased though. I own a Note 5, S7 Edge, Macbook Pro, an iPad Pro and an iPad Mini. Android has NO features I prefer, and ONLY drawbacks to being an inferior operating system. The only redeeming factors are the device themselves, with superior cameras, Samsung pay, beautiful design, SD card etc. The software honestly is an embarrassment to Google, (and Samsung), as they still don't even control their own security updates from the carriers and are always 6 months behind the Nexus phones.

The S7 and S7 Edge use standard USB so that they can be compatible with the gear VR headset. How's the iPhone working out 4 virtual reality? Oh that's right... if you can't tell the difference between an AMOLED screen and other screens on a device as small as a phone, you need to get your eyes checked. Ask for your claim that Samsung is always six months behind with security updates, please explain to me how it is that T-Mobile users of the Samsung devices got the April security update a couple of days before Nexus owners did.

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I want to take a 30m car ride with both phones at zero battery and plug them both in to see which one chargers faster.

Your telling us the iPhone will win that battle? Doesn't it take close to three hours to charge the 6s plus?

Yohighnus

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
I’m still waiting for my S7 Edge in Silver to come in and I’m super excited, here’s why:

I’m moving from an iPhone 3GS which used to be leading edge and the best 2009 phone with application support back when Samsung and BB were predominately entering the smartphone market mainstream and Android was a baby to iOS.

Why I’m making the switch is simple. The Samsung is the next best all-around smartphone mobile device in 2016 to date (features, application availability, flexibility, technology, use and value).

It’s been a long time since an upgrade, the iPhone 3GS has lasted this long, now apps are no longer supported on this device, it’s slow, antiquated and the battery life is nearly non-existent. One day my new S7 Edge will reach the same fate, I hope it is durable and will last as long, or if I’ll have to upgrade more frequently to the next best. For now I can't wait for the tech upgrade and I'll share more as I immerse myself with 2016 technology :)

Last edited:

jinzen

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
I'm not sure why you have such an obnoxious attitude toward anyone who actually likes the device. By the way, I got the S6 Edge Plus the day it was released and after 7 months, no sign of burn in. So you're full of it.

My S6 Edge Plus has burn in, as does my Note 5. You just don't know what to look for. ALL AMOLED DEGRADES over time. Why do you think your AOD on the S7 Edge moves around every few seconds? Samsung is well aware that the Always on Display will burn out those pixels VERY quickly if it didn't do this. In fact, put a grey blank screen over the S6 Edge Plus and you'll see smudges or array of colors because it can't properly display greyscale anymore.

The Note 5 I have is much worse, with a very obvious burn in bar across the notification. Actually, it's because that area is usually black and the life span of the AMOLED is less degraded than the rest of the display.

Normal users may not notice the difference after 1 year, but please don't insult people's intelligence. AMOLED is not durable and degrades in quality quite quickly. AMOLED is pointless on a tiny display because most people will not doing any extensive work on their small phones, it's much more useful on a giant TV due to the black levels and lack of static images.

jinzen

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
The S7 and S7 Edge use standard USB so that they can be compatible with the gear VR headset. How's the iPhone working out 4 virtual reality? Oh that's right... if you can't tell the difference between an AMOLED screen and other screens on a device as small as a phone, you need to get your eyes checked. Ask for your claim that Samsung is always six months behind with security updates, please explain to me how it is that T-Mobile users of the Samsung devices got the April security update a couple of days before Nexus owners did.

T-Mobile probably got the security update to fix early bugs. Verizon is on February Update. AT&T is probably on February as well. In a few months, Samsung (US Devices) will definitely be 4-6 months behind Nexus.

VR... right, as if that's a real point of contention right now (it's not).

I can tell AMOLED from LCD. AMOLED usually has oversaturated punchy colors and better black levels. I'll take the True RGB Color Gamut of the iPad Pro LCD over AMOLED any day.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I've owned every iPhone except for the 5 and 6. Currently, I have the 5S, 6+, 6S and the 6S+.

The S7 Edge is the first Android phone that has made me actually put all of those iPhones back in their boxes and put them in a drawer. I haven't used them in a month.

To me, nothing beats the screen quality as well as everything else the S7 Edge brings. This is the phone I've been waiting for all these years.

Apple is rumored to be going with AMOLED displays for the 7. Hopefully that is true.

jinzen

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
I want to take a 30m car ride with both phones at zero battery and plug them both in to see which one chargers faster.

Your telling us the iPhone will win that battle? Doesn't it take close to three hours to charge the 6s plus?

6s plus will charge in about 2 - 2.5 hours @ 2A Charger, and a S7 Edge will alway require almost 2 hours @ Quick Charge 2.0. Both require special chargers (Samsung requires not only a 2A charger but also a Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 compatible charger)

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I should also point out that I bought the 6S+ and the 6S in December so it hasn't been that long since I bought them and I already quit using them.

jinzen

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
I've owned every iPhone except for the 5 and 6. Currently, I have the 5S, 6+, 6S and the 6S+.

The S7 Edge is the first Android phone that has made me actually put all of those iPhones back in their boxes and put them in a drawer. I haven't used them in a month.

To me, nothing beats the screen quality as well as everything else the S7 Edge brings. This is the phone I've been waiting for all these years.

Apple is rumored to be going with AMOLED displays for the 7. Hopefully that is true.

Well Apple already uses AMOLED on the Apple Watch. They could use AMOLED if they wanted to, and it doesn't seem like it's going to happen any time soon.

Every Apple display is usually a top rated display from Retina iMacs to iPads, and AMOLED is not used by industry professionals. I do not want AMOLED on my devices that will be showing a lot of static images due to AMOLED degradation, but don't mind it on stuff like TVs or watches.

sfla99

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
So I get you like some of but dislike most of the S7, note 5 and s6 lines and want to keep telling everyone in the Samsung forum about how apples hardware and ecosystem is superior to everything.

I am just not getting what your after with this thread at this point. I would imagine most in this forum are here because they chose Samsung not apple.

RichBrown68

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
6s plus will charge in about 2 - 2.5 hours @ 2A Charger, and a S7 Edge will alway require almost 2 hours @ Quick Charge 2.0. Both require special chargers (Samsung requires not only a 2A charger but also a Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 compatible charger)

You are so full of it. LOL. My Edge charges 1% per minute almost exactly almost every time. So getting from 0 to 100 takes a little over an hour and a half.

There's a video on YouTube you should look up, comparing the fast charge time on the iPhone 6s vs. OnePlus 2 vs. The Moto X pure. In an hour's time, both the Moto X and even the 1 + 2. / 60% charge. Meanwhile, the iPhone 6s chugged along and and I believe got 39%.

Last edited:

Alanhd

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Wow if someone dislikes Android/ Samsung so much I wonder why they buy them. I came from a Samsung but all the iPhone users in my family that I have shown my phone to were so impressed they are switching as soon as possible.

jinzen

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
Wow if someone dislikes Android/ Samsung so much I wonder why they buy them. I came from a Samsung but all the iPhone users in my family that I have shown my phone to were so impressed they are switching as soon as possible.

YOU SHOULD also be disgusted the fact that your Android device is 1/2 a year outdated from Google Updates.

People who USE Android should be more outraged by its inadequacies so Google and Samsung actually have an incentive to fix them.

RichBrown68

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
YOU SHOULD also be disgusted the fact that your Android device is 1/2 a year outdated from Google Updates.

People who USE Android should be more outraged by its inadequacies so Google and Samsung actually have an incentive to fix them.

Outdated as compared to what? The majority of Android phones? Are you deluded to believe that the majority are on marshmallow? The Note 5 and S6 Edge Plus are getting updated to marshmallow across the globe right now. That makes them more up-to-date than 95% of Android phones in the world. By the way, where is your disdain for every phone in the world besides Samsung flagships for not yet having split screen functionality.