• 1464618044866.jpg
    1464618044866.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 41

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: Bad Battery

Stuff I don't need at all, I uninstall, disable, or force stop with Greenify (at the moment...jury still out for me on whether Greenify is *really* all that).

After a week, my jury returned with a verdict that Greenify is not "all that." Saw no noticeable difference, in fact, seemed like it was draining battery a tiny bit more. Uninstalled.

hishaq96

May 27, 2016
Visit site

It is not normal I am not getting consistent battery life. Since I factory reset the battery life has been poor lucky to even get 4hr screen on time which before I used to get

Wizzy

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site

It is not normal I am not getting consistent battery life. Since I factory reset the battery life has been poor lucky to even get 4hr screen on time which before I used to get

Your mobile signal seems poor which will impact battery life. Looking at the screenshot of your battery life, it appears that you had good battery life until the last hour. Do you play a lot of 3D games or something hard on the battery. You obviously won't get 7 hours of SoT playing games. Post your battery life screenshot in full by hitting capture more after taking a screenshot.

If I extrapolate your battery life based on 59% remaining and 1hr52m, I get 5 hours of SoT, which is not unreasonable at all, based on your individual usage.

kramer5150

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site

This is what I am getting it is poor battery what can I do

Your down to 59% with 1:52 SOT... Isn't that like near 5 hours of SOT for the duration of the battery?

That seems about right to me. Can you scroll down and show your battery usage details.

Your cell signal is really weak, if 2/5 bars is as good as it gets. Might want to deactivate the cellular radio when you are under wifi, that could gain you some SOT.

hishaq96

May 27, 2016
Visit site

Your mobile signal seems poor which will impact battery life. Looking at the screenshot of your battery life, it appears that you had good battery life until the last hour. Do you play a lot of 3D games or something hard on the battery. You obviously won't get 7 hours of SoT playing games. Post your battery life screenshot in full by hitting capture more after taking a screenshot.

If I extrapolate your battery life based on 59% remaining and 1hr52m, I get 5 hours of SoT, which is not unreasonable at all, based on your individual usage.

No I don't play games and don't use alot

hishaq96

May 27, 2016
Visit site

Your down to 59% with 1:52 SOT... Isn't that like near 5 hours of SOT for the duration of the battery?

That seems about right to me. Can you scroll down and show your battery usage details.

Your cell signal is really weak, if 2/5 bars is as good as it gets. Might want to deactivate the cellular radio when you are under wifi, that could gain you some SOT.

Attachments

• 1464627757295.jpg
    1464627757295.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 36

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site

It's about right for now, mine is similar. But the main issue I have is that it's easily 2-3 hours less than the average when the phone was first released. The Exynos version was a beast for battery at first and then an update broke that and made it like any other phone out there. I sort of wonder was it deliberate as there were so many complaints about battery life differences between the Exynos and Snapdragon variants.

hishaq96

May 27, 2016
Visit site

It's about right for now, mine is similar. But the main issue I have is that it's easily 2-3 hours less than the average when the phone was first released. The Exynos version was a beast for battery at first and then an update broke that and made it like any other phone out there. I sort of wonder was it deliberate as there were so many complaints about battery life differences between the Exynos and Snapdragon variants.

I used to get good battery life I factory reseted the phone and now it drains quicker

Eclectech

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site

I could totally get numbers like that when I had the Galaxy S6. It was one of many reasons I traded it i for the HTC 10.

love4speechless

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site

I've noticed that. My phone used to give me seven to eight hours of screen on time. Now since an update I get around five or six

refaelagronov

May 29, 2016
Visit site

You're lucky, I went from 7-8 to 3½-5.

No. It's true that the phone has 3600mah of power. It's up to you how to use it. Li ion batteries have a limited charge cycle. From 100-0,then 0-100 is a charge cycle. Typically, the batteries have around 600 charge cycles. Good enough for about 2 years of one charge a day before the battery starts to hold lower than the advertised amount of charge. However, not letting it go down to 0 has an exponential effect on the charge cycles. If I remember correctly, not letting it go below 40% (effectively reducing the capacity you have for daily usage yes), allows you to have around two to three times as many charge cycles. Hence the battery lasts longer. It's simply a matter of do you prefer to have the battery last longer between charging, or have it retain full capacity for more than 16-18mos. At around 18mos, it would probably have around 80% of full capacity and would deteriorate further after that.

And rafaela still has not posted her battery graph.

I will suggest you to Try these tips to extend your handset's battery life:

See what's sucking the most juice. ...

Reduce email, Twitter, and Facebook polling. ...

Turn unnecessary hardware radios off. ...

Use the extra power saving mode if you have it. ...
T
rim apps running in the background. ...

Dump unnecessary home screen widgets and live wallpaper.

i bought the S7 edge because those features
not using live wallpers , just some widgets and the ultra save is boring i can use only whataspp

*this the battery *
after 5 hours

Screenshot_20160530-225453.jpg
Screenshot_20160530-225446.jpg

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site

After a week, my jury returned with a verdict that Greenify is not "all that." Saw no noticeable difference, in fact, seemed like it was draining battery a tiny bit more. Uninstalled.

I said earlier in the month I was ging to install it again and live my life for a month, then see how my battery stats looked. For the first 5-6 full days, the S7E definitely had better life overall. I think I added about 20 minutes to my overall battery average (I didn't reset my GSam stats...so the average increased by 20 minutes, which means it would have been even a bigger difference if I'd started from scratch with the data). SoT stayed pretty much identical.

Then, we had a wedding to go to someplace we'd not been before. I used the GPS and Maps navigation, and a bit more that day. Had my standalone camera, so didn't even really use the camera much. Higher use than usual though. That started the battery on a skid of 6 or 7 days where the average kept dropping for both overall and SoT in GSam. I mainly keep an eye on the hourly drain arte for a quick idea of how its going. I was routinely at 6-7% per hour drain. I tend to be somewhere in the 5-6% range if I'm using the phone quite a bit. During this period, I rarely if ever saw the low 2-3% I see with not much use iat all.

I figured out that I'd installed an update for Swipe Pro (3rd party Facebook app) the same day as the wedding we attended, uninstalled that app and it seems the battery has returned to better drain rate. It still isn't where it was in those first 5-6 days with Greenify, though. The Swipe Pro app wasn't giving me any issues prior to the latest update.

I've almost pulled the plug on the Greenify experiment a couple of times. Not hopeful that I'm going to see a marked increase with Greenify use long term.

Jim Thornburg

May 29, 2015
Visit site

I figured out that I'd installed an update for Swipe Pro (3rd party Facebook app) the same day as the wedding we attended, uninstalled that app and it seems the battery has returned to better drain rate. It still isn't where it was in those first 5-6 days with Greenify, though. The Swipe Pro app wasn't giving me any issues prior to the latest update.

I've almost pulled the plug on the Greenify experiment a couple of times. Not hopeful that I'm going to see a marked increase with Greenify use long term.

I use Swipe Pro. Have you installed it again, or just using browser if you want to check FB on your phone? Curious if I should still use it.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site

I use Swipe Pro. Have you installed it again, or just using browser if you want to check FB on your phone? Curious if I should still use it.

I haven't reinstalled it yet. Figured if I'm going to I'll wait until an update is pushed (the one I uninstalled was the 5/21 update). I'm used to using the browser for FB, so it' isn't ahuge deal, but I did like that I could black out the theme on Swipe Pro, and that it integrated for easier sharing of articles, pics, etc. from elewhere in Android.

I have uninstalled Greenify, though. Even with improvement in battery life after the Swipe unintslall, it hasn't gone back to what it was in the first 5-6 days with Greenify, or what it was before that, even. Buh-bye for good Greenify.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member