Phone protector with a case?

spinachie

Jan 3, 2017
Visit site
Just buying an s7 edge and after looking online it seems no screen protectors are compatible with a case as well.

Can anyone recommend what type of screen protectors to get with a silicone case? The glass ones seem like a definite no as the case won't bit around the edges with the protector on.

The TPU ones look like they will be crazy difficult to add with the curved edges.

What is everyone doing here and what would you advise? I drop my phone on occasion so need the silicone and the phone is always in my pocket so keys etc can scratch it.

Please help

N7AS

May 6, 2014
Visit site
I use an OtterBox Defender on my S7 Edge. Has built in screen protector that others say is not too responsive, but I think it's fine for me. The case even works with the Samsung Wireless Charger.

Dngrsone

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm using a Unicorn Beetle Pro case with Armorsuit screen protector. You do have to get the protector lined up perfectly, or the case will peel up an edge.

Previously, I've used Otter box Defender on my Galaxy devices, and generally have to replace it every eight months or so: the case protects my device fabulously, the built-in screen protector does its job well, but I do drop my phone on a semi-regular basis and I'll break the holster or occasionally the case itself, and the rubberized skin of the case stretches out over time.

I too heard about the sensitivity issues with the Edge variant Otterboxen and I can understand the problem Otterbox is having trying to cover that area, which is why I went with the Unicorn case.

spinachie

Jan 3, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I have bought a relatively cheap silicone case from JETech, which has good reviews.

I am going into a phone store today where they will add the film screen protector for me directly, so will let you know what happens.

The Otter looks good, but its expensive and the concerns over sensitivity worry me.

parthtc09

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I have bought a relatively cheap silicone case from JETech, which has good reviews.

I am going into a phone store today where they will add the film screen protector for me directly, so will let you know what happens.

The Otter looks good, but its expensive and the concerns over sensitivity worry me.
Tried a screen protector off amazon with no luck, the unicorn beetle case is great but I upgraded to the speck military grade clear case, it's sleek and sturdy.

thunderbomb

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I have a bodyguardz contour HD and use an Otterbox commuter case and there has been no issue of peel up and I've had it on for about 2 months now.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site

spinachie

Jan 3, 2017
Visit site
So the guy in store added one on for me and there is slight peeling on the edges so far.

What I might do is wait for the edges to peel more and then buy another protector and trim the edges slightly so it doesn't peel. As long as the screen is protected I'll be happy

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I use an OtterBox Defender on my S7 Edge. Has built in screen protector that others say is not too responsive, but I think it's fine for me. The case even works with the Samsung Wireless Charger.

Also it's cloudy too for some people. My Defender luckily has a very clear screen protector. I think that might have been an early production issue.

Otterbox has always had trash screen protectors. The S7 Edge one actually fits flush due to being thicker. However I don't understand why they can't perfect it. I ripped the protector off my V20 it was so terrible.

For example the Supcase Unicorn Beetle always has great screen protectors that fit tight to the screen and clear and that case is the fraction of the Defender cost.

Dngrsone

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I never had problems with the screen protector on the Defender series... I use them on Galaxy Tab 2 and Tab 4 as well as S4...

pontiac005

Trusted Member
Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
using a unicorn beetle pro and yootech screen protector. I also have a UAG, which I really like but the unicorn beetle pro gives better front and side protection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress