2.5 hours to charge from 15%, any ideas why?

Rick Jacobs

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I’m using the Samsung adaptive fast charge plug and the cable that was in the box with my new phone plugged into the wall socket and no battery app on the phone. The S7 was at 15% when I plugged it in to charge. The phone said, approximately 1 hour 12 minutes to full charge. It actually took 2 hours 33 minutes to charge to 100%. The battery app does have fast charging turned on. One thing I did notice was last night when I charged the phone it got quite warm which I guess is normal but after charging for 2.5 hours the phone is not warm at all.

What should I check before I go back to Sprint?

bsteppuhn

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Is your fast charge toggle in settings on? Does it say fast charge when you plug it in?

Posted via the Android Central App

GS5TR

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Mine said 47 minuts to full charge and when I came back in 15 min to see my notifications it was allready full.. haha it also depends in which powerunit you plug in inside your house.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Try another fast charger. If that doesn't work, do an exchange or warranty claim depending upon your carrier.

claykin

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Use the Samsung+ app and have it run a scan. Do the scan both on battery and while charging. See if it advises you of any irregularity.

You may have an app that's excessively using battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress