Why am I unable to set ringtones?Can't set ringtones

PDrummo

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site
Can't set ringtones

Hi;

I have a new S7 and not terribly impressed with it, my S4 was more configurable.

I am unable to select my own ring tones. I can follow the process through but when I select the ring tome it just highlights it and does nothing else. The ringtone doesn't play or become the new ring tone. Anyone having this issue or know what the problem could be?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Can't choose my own ring tomes

Hi;

I have a new S7 and not terribly impressed with it, my S4 was more configurable.

I am unable to select my own ring tones. I can follow the process through but when I select the ring tome it just highlights it and does nothing else. The ringtone doesn't play or become the new ring tone. Anyone having this issue or know what the problem could be?
Welcome to Android Central!

Are you trying to configure the Ringtone for a specific contact? Or do you want it to apply "globally" across the entire phone and alerts? If you are configuring a contact, open that contacts/people app > contact > edit > ringtone. For global, select system settings > sounds > ringtones.

Let us know if that helps.

PDrummo

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site
Re: Can't choose my own ring tomes

Thanks but I had tried that and no luck however I have just now worked out the problem. Bizarre.
I have the file explorer app and when I try to add a ring tone the phone defaults to that. I choose the song and nothing happens. That's globally. If I do it for an individual contact then it selects the song and says it is using it but still rings as the default over the horizon. On a hunch, I deleted file explorer and wa la it works fine. I don't understand why file explorer would do that but that problem is solved now if you can sort out my led display issue then that would be great. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress