New s7 update, cant remove widgets from home screen

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I had an update this morning on s7, now when I long press widgets, drag to "remove" nothing happens except the widget moves over.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Moves over where? Usually, when the widget is in the right place, the Remove word turns red -- is that happening?

windengineer

Sep 14, 2018
Visit site
I have the same problem after the last update. When you long press a widget the Select Items and Remove From Home dialog shows up but it won't let you drop the widget on Remove From Home, never turns red, just disappears and you have dropped the widget to a different location on the home screen.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Does it matter if you drag it up so that your finger is at the very top edge of the screen?

Also, you're not in Easy Mode, right?

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem after the last update. When you long press a widget the Select Items and Remove From Home dialog shows up but it won't let you drop the widget on Remove From Home, never turns red, just disappears and you have dropped the widget to a different location on the home screen.

It's not a problem, Google/Samsung decided to make pointless changes to how the phone functions.

Press and hold the widget, "Remove from home" will appear. DO NOT drag the widget, remove your finger from it and tap on "remove from home"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87