Official: Galaxy S8 / S8+ Pre-Order Thread

netwerx1

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone ordered from Best Buy? I preordered the first 30-60 minutes it opened on 3/30. As of now, my order just shows up on the Best Buy website as processing and "get it by April 21st." Does anyone know when this will ship or even better, when it will likely arrive? I have a plane to catch on Monday 4/24, so I'm getting really stressed that they're going to ship the phone late and because of the weekend, get delayed to on the day or after when I leave. Anyone know if they do Saturday shipping for the preorders? Is it next day mail, 2 day shipping, or standard ground?

Thanks for any help. I've been stressing... :/

I ordered from Best Buy in the first few minutes preorders went live. The order status was the same as yours until this morning, it changed to "preparing", but now it says "Get it by April 25th". So yea, f Best Buy.

Jacy Hung

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
Whoa! I just got a FedEx notification saying my package will arrive today! (Ordered from Samsung.com)

Looks like I'll be getting my S8 today! Whoop!

rusty136

May 14, 2012
Visit site
In the same boat. Ordered on 3/30 and absolutely no movement at all. Still shows as PREORDER and nothing on FedEx either :(

Ordered from Samsung on first day of preorders. Just received a text msg from Fed Ex (8:50am PDT) saying to expect a pkg on 4/20, signature required. It gave a tracking number. No notification from Samsung as yet.

tqmcguire

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Just ordered a few minutes ago. S8+ Midnight Black for AT&T from Best Buy. Couldn't resist the $100 off. Pick it up in store on Friday. Looks like someone's taking a vacation day! :)

urrl

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I got a text about a 4 lb package arriving 4.20.17 so I then checked my e-mail. Sure enough it's the S8+ with the VR package. Signature required.
Looks like a retired person will have his eyes glued to the front door security monitor tomorrow until it arrives...:D

Hey those who already have it: let us know if the screen has the infamous "RED TINT" issue!

B Hoste

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I just got a message that my wife's S8 was delivered today, mine S8 plus will not be delivered until tomorrow. Both were ordered on the 15th from Sprint.

memphislawyer

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
I called the 1-877 number to check. I ordered the phone in store and since I married, I got added to my wife's ATT plan, which is under the name of the daughter, but they but me on as an authorized user. Today, I am told for the first time that the daughter has to be with me to pick up the phone. WTH? Why was I not told this when I ordered. Maybe the store will be different when I go in, but if not, I may have to cancel. Daughter wont be able to come in at all (out of town)

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I got a text about a 4 lb package arriving 4.20.17 so I then checked my e-mail. Sure enough it's the S8+ with the VR package. Signature required.
Looks like a retired person will have his eyes glued to the front door security monitor tomorrow until it arrives...:D
That's great news.

burrzoo

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I just got off the phone with Samsung too. I got similar information. The Service Rep said around 10 times that they were in fact guaranteeing delivery by 4/20/17. The shipping notices should go out by this afternoon. She said they usually go through FedEx but it could be shipped through UPS. Also said that my $99.99 Immersive Bundle doesn't ship in the same box as the phone so it "could" come at the same time but not necessarily. I asked since she said guarantee so many times that if it doesn't arrive tomorrow (and good luck with anything getting here overnight in Montana) will we be compensated? She had no information on that...yet. Call back Friday if no S8+ in hand.
Ordered 3/30/17, still no email & nothing showing up on FedEx or UPS apps.
UGHHHHHHHHHH! Frustrating to say the least

PinkDragon48

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
(impatiently) Waiting for the UPS man. Arghhhhh!! Even with the 11:15-1:15 delivery, it's still painful. I've opened every door and window so that I can hear him coming. I guess I'm a little too excited to ditch my iPhone :D

ol_jackburton

Trusted Member
Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
I just got off the phone with Samsung too. I got similar information. The Service Rep said around 10 times that they were in fact guaranteeing delivery by 4/20/17. The shipping notices should go out by this afternoon. She said they usually go through FedEx but it could be shipped through UPS. Also said that my $99.99 Immersive Bundle doesn't ship in the same box as the phone so it "could" come at the same time but not necessarily. I asked since she said guarantee so many times that if it doesn't arrive tomorrow (and good luck with anything getting here overnight in Montana) will we be compensated? She had no information on that...yet. Call back Friday if no S8+ in hand.
Ordered 3/30/17, still no email & nothing showing up on FedEx or UPS apps.
UGHHHHHHHHHH! Frustrating to say the least

You will not be compensated

PopFilms

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
Guaranteed by 4/20? Mine is traveling 1,500 miles by UPS ground and just left the distribution center early this morning, no way it is making tomorrow.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Well it looks like mine was rescheduled for April 19th delivery according to UPS. There is another person who got a sticker on his package from T-Mobile saying the same thing.

philliplavelle

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
In the same boat. Ordered on 3/30 and absolutely no movement at all. Still shows as PREORDER and nothing on FedEx either :(

I'm in the same boat. I called Samsung this morning and they reiterated that we will definitely get them tomorrow. She said it is down to which warehouse is processing the order as to whether they have updated the system but not to worry.

Don't know if I actually believe her though. My card hasn't been charged and I'm still at 'preorder' stage.

Oh well.. ho hum

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress