I have a Galaxy S8 in my hands — AMA!

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I set up the Iris Scanner on my Note 7 without glasses BUT use it most of the time with glasses on and the Iris Scanner worked perfectly every time.

That's cool. I always figured that wearing glasses would make that pretty difficult to use.

Supraman21

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I asked a question about whether or not you can use image stabilization with 4K. I just watched a video from pocket now showing the resolution settings menu and it didnt show that UHD was excluded from using IS. I checked my S7 and its listed under the exclusions.

kirKauai

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Daniel, I am curious about the UI. The last several phones I have used have been close to stock Android. I have long had the impression that Samsung's UI is a big departure from stock Android. I am at a point where I am considering getting a new phone, and possibly a Samsung Galaxy S8 or S8+.

With that in mind, how much of an adjustment would you say I would have to make in learning to use the Samsung Galaxy S8?

Thank you.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I can't remember if it was Nougat or Marshmallow, but you can use your SD card to extend your local storage. Your device just reads it all as local, not as an SD card.

Not sure if that's the best explanation, I've never used the feature.

That's a great explanation and Marshmallow was supposed to support that. The problem was that the external storage was a lot slower than the internal storage and there could be data problems if someone were to remove the sd card so Samsung removed the option.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
That's a great explanation and Marshmallow was supposed to support that. The problem was that the external storage was a lot slower than the internal storage and there could be data problems if someone were to remove the sd card so Samsung removed the option.
Right. I forgot to mention some OEM's removed the feature.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
My only concerns are the standard concerns with any Galaxy phone; performance degradation over time and RAM management. I'm actually not that concerned with the battery, but we'll have to wait and see. I will say that in my time with it, which was limited at best, it was very fluid. How that holds up over time is really the biggest thing for me.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
My only concerns are the standard concerns with any Galaxy phone; performance degradation over time and RAM management. I'm actually not that concerned with the battery, but we'll have to wait and see. I will say that in my time with it, which was limited at best, it was very fluid. How that holds up over time is really the biggest thing for me.

This is why I signed up for Jump On Demand finally. I always love my Samsung to death and then they slow down. Ideally I will jump to the Note 8 and then the S9

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
This is why I signed up for Jump On Demand finally. I always love my Samsung to death and then they slow down. Ideally I will jump to the Note 8 and then the S9
I've never had a Samsung device. Wouldn't a factory reset alleviate this issue? I know it can be a hassle, but it's always helped me when my device lags.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress