Registration for "immersive Gear VR experience for $99" - How did it Go

BiggestHorse

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I requested a Promo from Samsung 4/20/2017 when I got my phone from T-Mobile. I was rejected, a bunch. In my local T-Mobile store I asked if they have any coaching, beyond one person at Samsung Promo contractor who thought I could do better by walking my business to VZW. The T-Mo store manager asked for any copies of my submissions and rejections. Hallelujah for "Print to PDF." Sent those in. They said they'd forwarded that to their local Samsung rep, since T-Mo had no say over promotion handling.

Then I suddenly get an e-mail inviting me to confirm and pay for my bonus, even offering 2-day shipping. Hmm, Christmas in May?

skiingj

Apr 26, 2017
Visit site
Am I the only one left who has not received there Full Immersive promo? Made $99 payment three weeks ago... Worst promo I have ever been a part of. Leason learned....

mih0u5e

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
Am I the only one left who has not received there Full Immersive promo? Made $99 payment three weeks ago... Worst promo I have ever been a part of. Leason learned....
Still waiting as well... money has been pulled from the card I used, but have no idea on the status of my stuff.

Edgar5

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site

No, same situation here. The pending charge fell off. I heard they're just canceling the orders now. It is the worst experience/ promotion I've ever seen or been part of. I try calling but always too busy. Also, there chat support is a waste of time.

rhsortho

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
same situation here too. pending charge has disappeared since 5/12. promo website status has not changed (says approved gift processed- gift sent is checked). but I just noticed now in the shopapp, it no longer says "review in progress" (it had always said submission approved gift processesed) and there is now a "check order" button that was never there. that link shows the payment details but no shipping estimate. so it appears there is still hope, that my order hasn't been canceled. yet.

Jas87

Jun 6, 2017
Visit site
same situation here too. pending charge has disappeared since 5/12. promo website status has not changed (says approved gift processed- gift sent is checked). but I just noticed now in the shopapp, it no longer says "review in progress" (it had always said submission approved gift processesed) and there is now a "check order" button that was never there. that link shows the payment details but no shipping estimate. so it appears there is still hope, that my order hasn't been canceled. yet.

For what it's worth, I called Samsung after being told I needed to talk to e-commerce department. I was told by the lady that I was approved, and just waiting for the bundle to be shipped. She said most people are 4-6 weeks from date of purchase. She also informed me that the reason the charge no longer shows is that it was a soft hold to verify funds, and falls off after 72 hours. Actual charge will be made when the bundle actually ships.

Obviously she could have just been lying to me, but I have a hard time believing she would just flat out lie to me. Just thought I'd share why I'm still hopeful lol

rhsortho

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
For what it's worth, I called Samsung after being told I needed to talk to e-commerce department. I was told by the lady that I was approved, and just waiting for the bundle to be shipped. She said most people are 4-6 weeks from date of purchase. She also informed me that the reason the charge no longer shows is that it was a soft hold to verify funds, and falls off after 72 hours. Actual charge will be made when the bundle actually ships.

Obviously she could have just been lying to me, but I have a hard time believing she would just flat out lie to me. Just thought I'd share why I'm still hopeful lol

I received a reply from E-commerce to an email inquiry I sent about a week ago. She looked up my order number and told me it "showed as pending fulfillment" and that once it ships I'll get an email. So it appears what the rep you spoke with has the same info. so there is hope:) They are within the 6-8 week timeframe, I just wish communication regarding status was better. their own website had conflicting status info for my submission, as did the shop Samsung app.

Edgar5

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
So I submitted a BBB complaint regarding this whole process. Not sure if that did it or what but I'm supposed to be getting bundle on Wednesday that was purchased may 9th. Good luck everyone!

skiingj

Apr 26, 2017
Visit site
After hours and hours of phones calls my Full Immersive experience has shipped. I bought two phones and applied for the promo the first day I received the phones April 26. One promo came back invalid purchase period and invalid receipt. Even though I bought both phones on the same day and on the same receipt. Re-applied and eventually was told only one phone made the promo.

A few weeks ago I received one gear VR. Today I received notification that the Full Immersive bundle has finally shipped. Since I was screwed out of a bundle I decided when I had to pay for the one I would select two units and see what happens. Well today I received shipment notification that a nine pound box has shipped. That appears two be two bundles. Finally done with this ordeal. Learned my lesson with Samsung Promos.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: Registration for "immersive Gear VR experience for $99" - How did it Go

I just got my email from Samsung, suppose to be here Friday. Fed ex app has it listed also, so looking good. I was just about ready to say who cares anymore.

TechWhore

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Quick recap registered on launch day, approved 4/30, bought bundle 5/10--just got this email

Dear Stephanie Barnet,*

We have not yet been able to ship the products from Samsung Electronics America listed below. Your order will be fulfilled as soon as the product(s) becomes available. The estimated date of fulfillment is 07/09/2017.*

Product NameSKUUnfulfilled Quantity}Fully immersive Gear VR experienceET-VRGIFTBNDLE1

If you are still interested in receiving this merchandise, no further action is required on your part.*

skiingj

Apr 26, 2017
Visit site
Quick recap registered on launch day, approved 4/30, bought bundle 5/10--just got this email

Dear Stephanie Barnet,*

We have not yet been able to ship the products from Samsung Electronics America listed below. Your order will be fulfilled as soon as the product(s) becomes available. The estimated date of fulfillment is 07/09/2017.*

Product NameSKUUnfulfilled Quantity}Fully immersive Gear VR experienceET-VRGIFTBNDLE1

If you are still interested in receiving this merchandise, no further action is required on your part.*

That $ucks! I registered a couple days before you and paid the day before. My two bundles came today. If you haven't called them its worth the try as they can send a ticket to the warehouse to expedite. I was told they got a shipment in last Friday that is the day I called. Maybe they're out already. Best of luck! This promo $ucks in so many ways!

Jas87

Jun 6, 2017
Visit site

Dear Stephanie Barnet,*

I actually received the same email overnight. It was nice to get some kind of communication.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Got mine from Samsung.
When you look at videos. It's blurry.

Took it to verizon. Since i didnt get it from them. They will not help me.
Went to Best Buy. Since i didn t buy it not my phone from best buy.
Samsung wouldn't do nothing about it.
So I gotva VR viewer that is poorly made.
Too much BS to deal with Samsung to get it replaced.